Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answers!!!!!!!!!!

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Answers!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Answers!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 23:07

So oldvet, why is 100,000 and 10,000 that different. Because you are owed more you get to keep more, how is that fair. The numbers declare fairness, its like saying:

I own a business that pays me 100,000 a year and since I make more money than the employee who makes 50,000 a year I should only have to pay a portion of my equal share towards the pie. In other words my dollar to your dollar is worth more so I get to keep 70% of my dollar but you only get to keep 50% of your dollar because you make less than me.

Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 21:49

yes this i understand bigrex and fully agree with as i see no other fair way.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 06 Dec 2012, 21:36

Propat, Peter has said that in actions like these, where amounts awarded can and will be very broad in the spectrum, legal fees will be based on a percentage of each individual settlement. The actual percentage that we will be required to pay will be decided by the Judge.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 20:03

old vet i do see your reasoning on the leagal fees and understand it however the only other resalution i see right off is a flat payment for each.so between these to fictionanl characters they would both pay 22k to equal the total of both frome the above of 44k.after the math guy 1 ends up with nothing but a leagal bill for 12k and person 2 ends up with a cheque for 78k.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 19:43

It is kinda of upsetting to know that some individuals will be paying 40% on a retro of $10,000 and others will be paying 40% on $100,000 plus. It just doesn't seem fair that some will pay $4k when others pay $40k and we all ended up with the same results. I can't see the judge awarding almost $250,000,000 to the law firm, doesn't seam realistic, I do believe that McInnis Cooper should be awarded handsomely and perhaps a little extra for Dennis Manuge, but $250 million dollars+++ will not be accepted by vets and certainly the public.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 16:17

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:28

Can't be on both anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:25

Ya taxes here are also on the taxes! no shit! I thought VAC rehab had nothing to do whit TPI. I can not work but they stile payed for a 40 hours formation on working command post in fire brigades.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:15

I got booted off vac rehab because sisip reinstated me tpi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:13

Yes that's right , red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:11

With you being in Quebec the taxes are very high? I remember basic training at St . jean , Quebec , I loved it there, take the politics away and Quebec is a very nice place

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:11

Georges what I meant is that people who get at least $1.00 a month don't have to pay legal fees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:10

In my humble opinion, if we are owed $10,000 (just a random figure) from the start then why would any one be willing to give up 30% of what is rightfully yours, yes I agree with having to pay the 30% (approx.) for taxes because we would all have had to pay that from the start anyway. Let the GOC pay the equivalent of the legal fees and let me keep 100% of what would have been mine if the government had not illegally taken it from me, So $10,000 minus the taxes = money in pocket (with interest of course). That is what I think is only fair, anything else and I am loosing what was rightfully mine. Should the gov pay some additional form of penalty for stealing my money all those years yes they should, but chances are that is not going to happen. Just my two cents!!!! Merry Christmas / Happy and Safe Holliday's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:09

I prey George you are right , I believe we should get 100 percent of are money plus legal fees covered plus income tax covered, but it's just wishful thinking, I will be so glad when this thing is over and buried. Just give us the settlement, lift the gag order and be done with it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 13:03

Agreed redfisher, I'l drink a beer to that, but are not all people bieng cut of by only 1$ part of the law suit??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next