Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

+2
K9
Wife of a Veteran
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? Empty Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 17:25

Haven't seen my cm in two years,
no phone calls to see how I am,
I am lucky to have a phone call returned in less than four months with every other week messages and faxes left for them,
When I asked about the permanent impairment allowance she told me those on the pension act were not entitled, that was in September...
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? Empty Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

Post by Jeffery M Mon 10 Dec 2012, 17:21

Oldzipperhead. Thank you for calling who you have.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:52

Wife of a Veteran wrote:ok
lmfao
you sharing their name, for those that need a good case manager,

Contact the Kingston Office. Mike or Steve.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:46

I was so pissed at the article that I phoned my MP (Cathy McLeod) for Kamloops and vented this morning at about 10:00 AM and now just received a call from her office stating she is looking into it. Not bad response time, approximately 3.5 hours. Currently she is in Ottawa and will respond via e-mail her answer.

I also called Marc Garneau (Liberal) and did the same vent to get their reaction. This way I hit the issue from both sides! Now it is wait and see!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:30

oh I relize it I have a new batch of paper work on my desk right now

(some of it I have never seen before)

and the part for my doctor is a joke she will say leave it with me and a week later she wiil call and say it is done then the fighting starts she will have forgotten all about the countless appointments and filled out half of it as N/A and when I ask her to correct it she will say make an appointment so wait another two weeks and then leave it with her for a week to hope she will fill it out right maybe, regaurdless of how many notes I attach to it.

As for my Case manager who comes to visit Great Lady 10+ out of 10!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:10

My two cents the ideal solution is to take the good, and there is excellent re-hab/vocational training in the NVC, and take the good of the PA, there is some really bad polcies in the PA, and combine them.

By doing this this can be the start of one veteran, one standard and most importantly....ONE SET OF RULES for the frontline staff to know.

I don't know if you guys realize this but our frontline workers are hammered with constant training of the NVC that sometimes they get confused and aren't sure what benefit/rehab/ELB/ EELB/ PIA/CFIS paperwork to send you.

So just a reminder that the ones that come to our homes are the "angels" in this system called VAC. Once we leave our DO (District Office) things get complicated. Or as I like to say...welcome to the Dante's 7 levels of Hell!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 15:32

good man jeffery let us know his responce if he does.i doubt it though.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Mon 10 Dec 2012, 15:27

I cannot let this issue go. Therefore I just let a long voice mail on this man's business line. Let's see if he returns my phone call.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Mon 10 Dec 2012, 15:13

HI ALL

I JUST CAUGHT THIS TOPIC.

LETS SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE MAXIMUM LUMP SUM. IT IS CURRENTLY $293,308.42 THE MORON IN QUESTION PLACED A 5 IN THE EQUATION.

I READ HIS ARTICLE, AND THEN EMAILED HIM!!

GOOD THING THIS MORON IS NOT THE FEDERAL JUDGE THAT WILL ONE DAY DETERMINE MY FATE.

One Veteran. One Standard.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:16

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:50; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:09

dont get me wrong lmfao ive allways seen where guys that were getting monthly dva checks might do ok via some of the new nvc programs but i never really thought this was in any way a good deal for vets who are entierly on the new system.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:00

I have to thank my two different CM at VA who help me. They were the ones that told me about my entitlements. I never even asked for PIA and that started in June of this year. I had to call and ask them about it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:58

i could be all wrong on this issue ore maybe not so ive started a poll in the equitas forum.since i am fully on the dva system i only have my old freinds to go by maybe i need some more info?
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:44

hmmm i will have to do some more reaserch and maybe a poll.every vet here in nb ive spoken to (moastly infantry with blast trama but others as well) hate the nvc and to paraphrase many.they would give one more body part to be on the old system.im sure you can figure what one that is.maybe this is just a localised oppinion?
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:37

propat wrote:lwfao do you belive it is better than the va pention?
propat

Yes I get a VA pension every month because I was also on the old system. But to answer your ?? I think the NVC is good. Now I could be wrong here but I wasnt aware of ELB, PIA, until I start on the new NVC. I get this cheque every month right along with my old VA cheque and I will get this till Im 65 and im ok with that

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum