Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD and sisip making guys apply retroactive

2 posters

Go down

CPPD and sisip making guys apply retroactive Empty Re: CPPD and sisip making guys apply retroactive

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 18:34

When I was finally approved for CPPD, CPPD and SISIP had me sign the information sharing agreement, and they shared info prior to issuing me any money. They also sent me worksheets showing how much I was going to get, how much was going to SISIP, yada-yada-yada, and all the deductions were made 'at source' so there was no paying back to be done prior to my first cheque from CPP. Further, CPP 'overpays' SISIP a smidge, so you will not get clawed back later on, in fact, I got a cheque back from SISIP for the CPP overpayment. All of this was a relatively painless process and I was quite pleased with the results and the lack of stress involved, once I was approved for CPPD. It just goes to show that some government agencies do have their shit together, and CPP does. If the relationship went the other way, from SISIP to CPP, I'd probably still be involved in a gong show. By the way, once I was in the system for CPPD I had a registered nurse as my 'case manager' and she was in contact with me every two weeks or so until my file was complete. Not like the other information black holes we have to deal with regularly. Oh, and SISIP can only clawback your INDIVIDUAL portion of CPPD, they can't touch you children allowances, if you have any, as technically the money belongs to the kids.

Back to top Go down

CPPD and sisip making guys apply retroactive Empty Re: CPPD and sisip making guys apply retroactive

Post by K9 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 17:22

It wont change anything, it is still the same amount, just given by two hands, if you had 2000$ on Sisip and now get 900$ a month on CPP, you will have 1100$ from Sisip but the total remains the same, it is just that you have to be carefull for income tax because CPP does not retain, so ask Sisip to ajust a higher tax level so you don't have to pay at the end of the year.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 17:13

Ya , I kind of thought when I heard it, it might be going forward, but CPPD is on sisip ltd brain, that was one of the questions they asked in their recent tpi questionarie, My buddy even said Vac ElB was going to start doing this also but who knows, but then again if its legal they just might to save money

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 02 Jan 2013, 17:05

There is no retro activity for CPP(D), except back to when you submit your application, if it takes several months to be processed and or go through any appeals. It is not like SISIP can say "oh we would have made you apply in 2006, if you had not already been zeroed out, so we want to to apply for CPP back from 2006!" It is not going to happen. But they can encourage you to apply now and it will reduce the payments going forward.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 16:55

If a person applied for cppd and was rejected how often does he have to reapply?

Back to top Go down

CPPD and sisip making guys apply retroactive Empty CPPD and sisip making guys apply retroactive

Post by Ex Member Wed 02 Jan 2013, 16:49

Don't know if true but just heard that sisip can make guys apply for CPPD retroactively and if they can, will this effect any Money owed by the sisip ltd lawsuit? Will you have to apply , wait for CPPD answer, then sisip will knock it off your retro?

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down