Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Anybody heard Anything from the Lawyers or SISIP ????? I thought the GAG was over?

+3
RCN-Retired
snrnavcom
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Has Anybody heard Anything from the Lawyers or SISIP ????? I thought the GAG was over? Empty Re: Has Anybody heard Anything from the Lawyers or SISIP ????? I thought the GAG was over?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 19:05

RCN retired. When you have shares in a corp it is no different than having shares in IBM or holding non-registered mutual funds. ANY profit or dividends paid to you should not be called income AS FAR AS sisip concerned. If this was the case then a loss should result in SISIP giving you MORE funds to compensate (LOL). Normally any profit you make from these ventures could be reported as Capitol Gain or if the funds are kept INSIDE the corp than no profit is shown to the individual until he takes that dividend. There are lines on the tax summary for the following:
EMPLOYMENT INCOME
TAXABLE AMOUNT OF DIVIDENDS FROM TAXABLE CDN CORPORATIONS
INTEREST AND OTHER INVESTMENT INCOME
CAPITOL GAINS DEDUCTION

Also many other lines on form too numerous to mention. A good accountant (not H&R Block where some person takes a 2 day course and then gets hired) can tell you the best route to take, whether or not to declare dividends, whether its a capitol gain or loss etc. Advice to you is definitely pay a little extra to seek out a professional. I don't recommend banks because they will simply act as like a restaurant and hand you their individual menu.

Back to top Go down

Has Anybody heard Anything from the Lawyers or SISIP ????? I thought the GAG was over? Empty Re: Has Anybody heard Anything from the Lawyers or SISIP ????? I thought the GAG was over?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:26

AIRBORNE "All the way then some"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:49

got mine yesterday sorry to break the chain lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:33

mine was in yesterday.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:31

Hmm, haven't got ours yet, but then if you go to the end of the road and get out and walk for a while, that's where we are. I'll run into town on Monday and check.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 23:44

they mentioned proving past the 24 months to qualify. I have may continuation letter, should that be sufficent? thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 18 Jan 2013, 22:46

Kenora Ontario too!

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Fri 18 Jan 2013, 22:33

NS too, yesterday

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 22:08

Both my husband & I received ours today in NB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 21:50

Same got the letter here in southern Alberta Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:48

All at once, on the same day!!!! Must be a conspiracy, acerman check this out

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:47

Same in Rockland, Ontario
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:41

same here on PEI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:39

Same here in Quebec.

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:32

Received an info letter with the Proposal on 4 pages from Sisip today.
That's here in NL.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum