Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

+2
sabrelove
pteadams2002
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. Empty Re: Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by beleaf67 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 12:04

Soldierboy, thanks for the offer my friend!! The only way I could be there on time is if someone dressed me and put me in a gurney!! Lol!! I have family support, but the problem is my condition!! It truly takes me until 1-3 P.M., to shake off the meds and pain effects for me to become coherent and somewhat with it, shall we say!! For example, I'm just starting to come around for today!! It'll take me another hour or so to dress and get cleaned up!! Sucks I know but that the way she goes I guess!! My daughter and son my come home from university over on the Rock and represent me in spirit anyway!! They're great kids!! Just the same, thanks so much brother!!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. Empty Re: Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by beleaf67 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:56

SteveRobbieRoyal, just take your newly reinstated LTD monthly payment and multiply it by the number of months//years since you were jilted!t's got to be near your release date, give or take 3-6 months! Then you calculate you're compound interest of 2%, yearly! There's a compound interest calculator on the internet! A little confusing, but it's there!! If you have an accountant friend get them to do up you compound interest for you once you have your monthly LTD payment confirmed!! As for taxes, additional interest and/or other fees, I'm lost on that one because there seems to be so many rules in relation to that issue!! Personally, I believe our saving grace in recouping our monies is the compound interest!! Although it's only 2%, when you compound that 2% over a number of years, it can easily add up!! For example, any investing guru or book will always remind you of the rule of 7s!! The rule of 7s states that any amount of money invested at 7% for 7 years will double your money!! So, my math says compound interest at 2% over 7 years will at least increase my original sum by 25% vice 100%!! For example, if I was losing 10,000 a year from the clawback, and it was reinstated at 2% over 7 years, then my recovered amount should be 12, 250!! I'm no math expert but that looks like a rational approach to me!! Again, who knows in the end? Good luck, brother!!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:44

beleaf how can i help you be there?

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:42

Looks like I won't be able to make that court appearance!! Dang!! Takes me until at least early afternoon before I come around and am nearly pain free!! I've waited for this outcome and final decision for over eight years! So depressing that I won't be able to pull this off if my past record holds it's tradition! Oh well, my brothers and sisters in arms will make it happen like they always done!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:25

Alas, tried manulife, but the response I got from the very lovely lady that I talked to was "I can't say as we have no direction from the court".
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:19

i thought 10 am but as all good soldiers should know an hour before with the proper headdress lol

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:14

I gave up trying to contact the law firm, however, I must say that Manulife//SISIP people were very helpful!! Can anybody tell me at what hour on the 14th//15th Feb 2013 the proceedings will commence?

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:30

yes sapper i think if you get hold of your sisip cm she should have this as they would need it to calculate the ammount of the ckeck you are now reciving.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:15

Robbie... I can't figure mine out either,as no one from the law office returned my calls. I can't even remember the year my claw back started. If you can, the principle is simply your income from LTD for a month x 12=yearly income
(principle is amount owed before interest)
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 09:11

not a problem buds i hope you get it all figured.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 09:01

sounds good propat sorry to put you in awkward place even so your advise has gotten me closer to actually figuring it out as i have maintained all my tax information and it is ok brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 08:59

well the best way to get the exact figure is to call sisip and ask them buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 08:52

sounds stupid propat but how do i know what my principal is that is the first step i fail to grasp, as I know it is separate from my earnings and that is where i screwed it up. I love the nice round figure but i also need to start relatively near reality and as usual I have no idea where that is, no side jokes folks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 08:48

i see just do your cola first as per my example then do the rest buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 08:37

all I did for the COLA originally was figure my gross SISIP claw back not including the simple interest, lawyer fees taxes provincial and sisip's taxes and multiplied the gross amount by the COLA figures added together Think it was 16.75% and I came out with just under 4 grand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next