Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

+2
Teentitan
rucksack031
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER - Page 6 Empty Re: CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:05

Thanks for all the info troops as it is really cool that all of us can help each other out and that is what we should be doing. I was actually talking to a CPPD Representative yesterday and he told me that due to the LTD not being paid as a taxable income then by no fault to me I could not contribute and I should have no problems in regards to applying for the Disiability, only other factors will contribute to a denial. He also stated that if I had returned to work and after release and then quit contributions into the CPP then I would have a problem with that portion of my application due to time line and contributions. I believe and only believe that through a conversation with the rep they are up to scratch with the SISIP Class Action or situations as such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:32

Rucksack I find your denial suspicious. I was told to apply for CPP D back in 09'. I was 9 years released and zero work due to my disability. The Service Canada Agent phoned me and requested permission to go back to 2000. I had no problem and I was approved and backdated to 07'.

Maybe you should re-apply and request they go back to post 2 years your medical release with your medical files.

I'm not questioning your statement as it is based on what they sent you in the denial letter. What I'm questioning is a time limit to apply? Just think of this scenario...you are not able to find employment therefore not able to contribute to CPP but you are hit by that preverbial bus and disabled due to getting crushed by a bus. Is the government going to refuse your CPPD because you have not contributed to CPP for 6 years?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER - Page 6 Empty CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

Post by rucksack031 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:24

Hey Robbie Royal : REF your inquiry into ccpd, first there is no loss of income if approved one will offset the other, the benefits would be greater in ones favor should they have children you would recieve a couple hundred dollars per child per month under your name until 18 after that if each child would recieve the same amount up to age 25 providing they are attending post secondary school, at age 18 the funds are given directly to your children and are considered income for them not you, so after 18 its on them as they are young adults but the amount they recieve if going to school wont really affect there taxes as it is not a huge amount for them to claim on taxes. So as i believe Propat said it can be to ones advantage to apply especially if one has younger children. Point #2 Applying years later which by reading your thread brother your case is similiar to mine, so here is what happen for myself I applied about 3yrs ago and was denied not because of my disabilities, but to much time had passed, SO that was 8 yrs after my release, regardless that i served over 25 yrs and paid into it, THERE is a time limit on everything GOV. so being to proud and stubborn i shot myself in the foot. Heres what the reply said and i quote ( Unfortunately you do not have enough earnings and Contibution in the last 4 of 6 yrs and we applied legistation for late application provision , so Robbie they the goc did there job, so anyone else out there if you are in the window to apply DO it. So for myself and possible you Robbie and others time has expired, and yes SISIP can ask one to apply for cppd but they also know that for many time has passed, now on up side ones that have been reinstated ltd this is now income so in about X amount of years one would have been paying back into CPP and one can then re-apply. Point#3 Declaration ( YES) OR ( NO) question C says Since the reduction to Zero of your SISIP LTD claim have you been approved for Canada Pension Plan (cpp) benefits or Quebec Pension plan (QPP) benefits ? Please circle. SO IN MY CASE the answer was NO so SISIP KNOWS if you applied or not either way accepted or not and if time has expired for some of us by the GoC own legisation on time frame. Well Brothers AND Sisters sorry for being long winded best wishes to all VETS.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6