Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess the gag order is still in effect

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I guess the gag order is still in effect Empty Re: I guess the gag order is still in effect

Post by peep Sun 24 Feb 2013, 18:48

Is the Cozula from B.C.?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

I guess the gag order is still in effect Empty Re: I guess the gag order is still in effect

Post by Rags Sun 24 Feb 2013, 08:40

Because we will cry if we did see what we agreed to? Actually a few people have done what you did and are seeing same type of numbers. We can only hope for a reduction in out legal fee but even that wont be a great savings.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 07:05

My Numbers I will see no where near 60% more like 30% -November 1998. Med released.100% disabled .If things remain as they are I will owe to the government and legal 68.2%. The calculation for deem tax is not helpful to me but 31.8% is better than nothing.$206000.00 for me, $229000.00 for legal fees and taxes. According to Hutcheson & Co. - Victoria BC Chartered Accountants
Why aren't others getting a professional tax advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 22:32

Well, I will be one of those that lose a ton over taxes but I have come to the conclusion that if the tax issue could have been changed for us, at least Judge Barnes would have told us that and proceeded to do that but he can't and we have to live with it. Peter, has stated that this case was never about changing the tax laws, no matter how negative they affect the class. Legal fees will be reduced and I am betting 5 to 7.5 will be the end result. Alot better than 17.8 and also we have to remember Peter and the law firm are a business and we sent and hired them to get a job done and a great job they delivered . If the legal fees are reduced to 5 percent , someone getting 100000 retro will lose 5000 , not to bad and Peter told me there is a 20 percent income tax withhold, do I this example the person walks with 75000 in the bank, he can deduct the legal fees and spread the retro back. He comes out ahead no matter what!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 23 Feb 2013, 22:20

Not hostile Navrat, only stating facts. In fact, Peter was wrong. There are members of the class, because our lawyers failed to get us proper damages/tax protection, that will be losing up to 60% of their awards, not getting 60% as you have stated. If the lawyers got their wish of 17.83%, the class members would be losing almost 48% before their cheques are even sent out, so his prediction is shot before things even get started.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 21:55

Big Rex , no need to be so hostile, peace and love, it will set you free. I get along with Peter because I give him the respect that he has given me. Why would I treat him any other way? I have found him to be very open, forthcoming and especially honest regarding the settlement. Did I not tell all of you on CSAT 6 months ago that Peter said we would be lucky to clear 60 percent . That 60 percent number , Peter was always honest and I tried explaining to you all, but I just got knocked down by all the haters. Really this thing will be over in a matter of weeks, we all will be rejoicing in our long awaited riches ( I will) then life goes on. Like I have said, when you are kind and nice and not demanding or belittling things happen alot faster for those of us. Stay positive!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 23 Feb 2013, 21:46

Nav, you've been up Peter's arse for quite a while, so no doubt he is answering your calls, but we are all paying him, regardless of what or how he may feel about certain vocal members of the class. Therefor we ALL deserve his attention. As for Peter answering questions on here, he has posted a single post since the proposal was made public, even though he knows there is still quite a bit of confusion among the class, and instead of answering those with questions, he only admonishes those of us that have been trying to cut through the smoke left behind by the smoke and mirrors game the lawyers have been playing.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 23 Feb 2013, 21:20

Good to hear such nice things Navrat.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 21:08

Thanksfor the info navrat plus 3 for MC, sorry I think I missed the name calling ect....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 21:04

Actually, yes, he did, Peeps. He also emailed me and I found him to be a solid , truthful, kind person, who's only interest was putting as much money as possible into the class members pockets. As we speak, Peter and the law firm are heading back to court in the spring to try and get our cola amount adjusted upward! When this site treated Peter and Dennis like that I don't blame them for leaving, some people don't and won't put up with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 23 Feb 2013, 20:30

Oh, so Peter answered your phone calls Navrat.

Then please phone him.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 20:27

In his last post on csat, Peter Driscoll advised us all that he would no longer be visiting or commenting on csat any further. No wonder Dennis has not returned to csat to discuss matters since before the proposal hearing.I don't blame him at all either.
Sparrow

Last edited by Sparrow Flags on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 20:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 20:21

See it was nice when we were on good terms with Peter, at least he would come on here and explain

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 23 Feb 2013, 20:15

Can someone phone them, I mean, someone that CAN phone then, with getting a recording and cut off.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 23 Feb 2013, 19:24

Your right. But they have never properly informed the class I suspect they will not start now.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next