Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

+13
1993firebird
pteadams2002
liverlover
Wife of a Veteran
beleaf67
Sapper Zodiak
MaggieinNB
oldsailor
RCN-Retired
froggie2u36
meathead
Teentitan
bigrex
17 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 2 Empty Re: IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 23:32

Ok it ran out in july got my last payment in that month like every other month around the 6th and will get the new 6 month payment on the 26th of july, confirmed this by phone and will try to let you know if Money is in bank tomorrow or Monday, so NAVRAT it should be the 28 of Aug that you get your 6 month chq. You can always call DVA and confirm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 24 Jul 2013, 20:27

Yes

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:41

So I should look to a payment a couple of days after the 28 of July then a payment 6 months later? Thanks Rifleman!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:22

Nav my VIP ran out feb 19 2013 my first payment was two or three days after the 19 th next payment August

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 2 Empty VIP Grant?

Post by Ex Member Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:07

Does anyone know how this works now! My VIP runs out 28 July 2013, and the grant begins. Do they deposit the grant on the 29 of July or is it six months from the 28 of July? Thanks

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:10

RCN...........from the way i read this note from the tables no current VIP recipients should have a lower grant amount coming it should be the same as charged last year even if its higher than whats in the table for your area.

Note : The National Rate Table is not used to convert current recipients of VIP housekeeping and grounds maintenance services from the Veterans Independence Program to a grant. The initial grant amount is calculated based on expenditures incurred in the past year and current needs. The Grant Determination Tool (and the associated National Rate Table) is used for new applications and to assess current needs when there has been a change in circumstances for the recipient.

cheers,
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 07:55

wow so they are charging the exact max rate of the published chart and they will not even pay that.i think thats a little fracked.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 24 Mar 2013, 01:20

Well my service provider has told me that thus far every VAC client she has has received less then she has been billing directly to VAC. She indicated she was billing $24.70/hr for housekeeping and her clients have received an equivalent of about $15.00/hr and most of her clients are elderly vets and are extremely confused of the whole thing.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 14:14

well buds ive been trying to and hard but i aint got a dam thing.this should not be a state secret as we the vets need a referance as it seems thoes in my are the ones i spoke to on this issue are being given their rates from the wrong frackin table.it seems its verry easy to rob disabled vets by showing them one table and not even admitting another one even exists.

frackin pricks

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 23 Mar 2013, 13:47

I tried to get some info on that table but like I said VAC is sitting on that one and not letting it out. I talked with him last month trying to get the info.

What everyone needs to remember here is if your grant is falling short you can call your CM for a re-assessment. At that time you can tell your CM you found the cheapest (only word I could think of) service provider and you are still short.

From the conversations with my CM to the ADM in charge of VIP they always say the same thing...re-assessment.

This is a new program that a lot of veteran organizations are watching and if it doesn't work then we will be all over it.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 13:15

ok teen no problem buds.ya see this table is a new one developed in 2012 for the 2013 year onward.with info from regisered service providers dva staff who administered the old plan and labor market info from human resorses amongst other things.it is now called the grant determination tool.so either the info you recived is dated mind you only slightly.ore they developed two GDTs and a whole lot of disabled vets are getting screwed.they guy i mentioned would be one as he pays some out of pocket to his registered service provider becouse he was told he is getting the max per hour.what he is getting only matches the rate given in the max ammount in the inividual table leaving him short by about 5$ an hour.

did you here about the second table post jan 1st this year and can you confirm it may be a big help to a lot of disabled vets.

thanks a lot

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:23

propat I'm not saying your tables are wrong. As a matter of fact I had them sent to me as well.

But like I said the department head in charge of VIP told me that these are the charts for individuals that are hired.

I asked for the charts for the companies that get hired but he said those are not released. I asked why and he said it has nothing to do with the veteran it is to keep the companies honest in their fees.

If companies learn these tables they can start to inflate their prices which will only lead to veterans not being able to afford paying them.

So I can't produce the tables as VAC will not release them but I have dealt with this department before on other matters and they never sent me down a rabbit hole.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 17:36

6608 im sure you do.and im sad i missed that and am sure that he must have posted the other one he is talking about ore did he.dva doesnt post another one nor will they admit there is another one out their just this one i put the link to directly from the dva website.so all i did was post this without a pesonal coments to help a vet out and even after this is something i will always do.if you ore anyone else can do the same and show him this other table pleas do so.again that link is a FACT any other FACT you have to add would be greatly apriciated as i spent hours looking for that other table and couldnt find it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Fri 22 Mar 2013, 17:10

propat...............Teen posted your link/tables on VVI bulletin board (general info) like a month ago i think he knows what he's saying.................by the way i have a relative (not bonded) doing mine for 17 an hour..............

cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 16:16

navrat no problem buds.maybe your right but i hope not.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next