Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

+13
1993firebird
pteadams2002
liverlover
Wife of a Veteran
beleaf67
Sapper Zodiak
MaggieinNB
oldsailor
RCN-Retired
froggie2u36
meathead
Teentitan
bigrex
17 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 7 Empty Re: IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Post by froggie2u36 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 17:50

Hi Tom...we are in Nova Scotia as well and i have a circular drive and i pay 50$....my sister has a long drive and pays 40$ Hope that helps....guess it depends on who you get.

froggie2u36
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 7 Empty VIP for snow removal

Post by meathead Fri 04 Jan 2013, 17:34

Can anyone tell me the going or average price they are getting or paying for snow removal. I have a 400 foot gravel driveway that is down hill. I live in Nova Scotia. Thanks
Tom

meathead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 19 Dec 2012, 13:53

As of today the VIP Grant is still going to start in 2013 on the clients contract renewal date.

Your first deposit will be half of your previous years claimed. Eg if you submitted receipts for groundskeeping and housekeeping in 2011/2012 totally $4400 your first deposit is $2200.

Your second deposit will be calculated. I'm still working on getting all the info on 'how' they calculate it and all the factors so everyone can hire within the amount deposited to eliminate/alleviate out of pocket expenses.

I am dealing with departments of VAC I have never heard of. Then again if I knew every department in VAC my head would explode! LOL

Will try to get answers as soon as I can.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 7 Empty Love to know who your rep is

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 13:43

georges dumont wrote:called to check my start date and get more info on house cleaning, I have hiread a gleaning lady for about 7 years but was never authorised. So alows payed out of pocket. In the past 7 or 8 years my VAC rep told me I was TO YOUNG and that my WIFE WAS FIT so I did not qualify. When I said that to the rep that answered me yesterday she said that this had nothing to do whit it. She will have somebody call me back for a reassesment. Boy am I pissed of I trusted my VAC rep and he scr---wed me! Please every body check the facts before believing anybody.

It is common they say the spouse or significant other is fit to perform the tasks you can't. I'd love to know if your rep you speak of is the Case Manager? Many If not all CM's state if your significant other is fit then anyone applying will be denied. But here's the argument. If your an injured male and you are getting grounds maintenance with a healthy wife...is the wife supposed to clean the yard and do other outside chores as well? She is supposed to do laundry and carry baskets up the stairs and down but can't rake the yard? This to me is stereotyping. A man does laundry too. So what they're saying is...the healthy spouse can do laundry but cant do yard maintenance? If someone recieves grounds maintenance, they should recieve housekeeping. Makes sense doesn't it? Just because the healthy spouse is not disabled, should they have to do everything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:11

called to check my start date and get more info on house cleaning, I have hiread a gleaning lady for about 7 years but was never authorised. So alows payed out of pocket. In the past 7 or 8 years my VAC rep told me I was TO YOUNG and that my WIFE WAS FIT so I did not qualify. When I said that to the rep that answered me yesterday she said that this had nothing to do whit it. She will have somebody call me back for a reassesment. Boy am I pissed of I trusted my VAC rep and he scr---wed me! Please every body check the facts before believing anybody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 10 Dec 2012, 17:04

I'm pretty busy right now so I'll give you the highlights. The VIP Grant begins on 1 Jan 2013. A clients first VIP Grant deposit will happen on their contract renewal date (call NCCN and ask). Your second VIP Grant will be deposited 6 months later.

I have more info but I'm still trying to get info before I can fully explain to help everyone "plan" their housekeeping/groundskeeping.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:25

Hi i spoke with VAC on this matter the new policy starts 1 Jan 2013.

Mine will not start until Dec 2013. So what ever your anniversary date is that is when it starts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 00:31

The plan is to start it in the fall of this year. When your contract number is up for renewal, as it is every year, you will get the lump sum deposited twice a year.

KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS IN CASE THEY WANT PROOF. This program was tried before in the early/mid nineties and it was a classic FUBAR. So be safe and cover yer arse.

As for direct billing VVi has been trying to get info if this program will stay in effect but our calls and email's have gone unanswered. We will continue to ask until we get a yea or nay.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 26 Jul 2012, 20:26

It is true, but I don't know when the policy will take effect. There will be two deposits made per year, equaling whatever you were entitled to annually for the those services, regardless, if whether you used the maximum or not. The only problem now is, the Veterans will be responsible for ensuring that those monies are not spent on other things before there services are provided, instead of billing VAC directly. Currently, my house cleaning service bills VAC directly so I never see the invoice. Even the service providers do not know how things will operate after the change.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO - Page 7 Empty New Vip payment info.

Post by Ex Member Thu 26 Jul 2012, 14:01

I heard in the news that VAC was going to be starting to give VIP(house keeping and groundskeeping) by way of lump sum for the year and there will be no need to submit receipts to blue cross. Any idea when this new policy take effects.
Thank you
navrat out

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7