Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE FOR ELB CLAWBACK RETRO PAYMENTS

4 posters

Go down

UPDATE FOR ELB CLAWBACK RETRO PAYMENTS Empty Re: UPDATE FOR ELB CLAWBACK RETRO PAYMENTS

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jan 2016, 18:17

Bonne journée jack22..I va tenter de répondre à votre question , on dirait qu'il est encore en travaux , mais voici ce qui a été posté par bruce72 aujourd'hui dans un e-mail de mise à jour , il a reçu sur le sujet ;

Je me suis renseigné à propos du procès . Voici ce que je recevais .

Merci pour votre email . Certification se déroule sur le consentement . La Couronne va préparer leur déclaration de la Défense dans les 30 jours . S'il vous plaît suivi à la mi - Février pour que je puisse vous faire connaître le contenu de leur mémoire de défense.

Votre sincèrement,

Josh

Joshua M. Juneau
Barrister & Solicitor / Avocat - notaire

Tél (613) 236-2657 x201
télécopieur (613) 236-7476

Apparemment, les libéraux se battent encore cette question au nom de Stevie Harper et de son équipage .

Façons ensoleillées, mes amis , ensoleillé façons de fracturation .

Back to top Go down

UPDATE FOR ELB CLAWBACK RETRO PAYMENTS Empty Re: UPDATE FOR ELB CLAWBACK RETRO PAYMENTS

Post by 1993firebird Mon 25 Jan 2016, 18:09

That is what I thought.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Mon 25 Jan 2016, 17:52

Need a little help here because i have a hard time to translate to french. At this time ''does the court accept or not the class action''. I did a verification in the court number t-1068-14 and there is many entrys 22 January but very hard for me to understand the meaning of all that legal paper work. Thanks

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jan 2016, 17:41

yes firebird EXACTLY although they stopped the practice of deducting this from ELB after the SISIP lawsuit they didn't pay any retro . well no real retro anyway a few months like binrat said but nothing close to proper . so these guys want to get their retro and I don't blame them one bit . they kinda got fracked on that .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jan 2016, 15:56

That's right firebird...bruce 72 was giving an update on the ELB ( Law Suit ) The lawsuit concerns reclamation of monies clawed back against the Earnings Loss Benefit, Canadian Forces Income Support and War Veterans Allowance between April 2006 and April 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 25 Jan 2016, 15:14

Seriously , what deduction. Are you referring to the VAC monthly disability pension being clawed back from ELB like it was from LTD by SISIP? Which would mean that VAC was also breaking the law for years.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jan 2016, 13:35

yup.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 25 Jan 2016, 13:29

Didn't the conservatives only set like 4 months or something they were gonna pay back or something and the deduction was stopped from elb

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jan 2016, 13:14

ya buds when the SISIP suit was done they stopped clawing back from ELB as well but did not retro them to 06.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 25 Jan 2016, 12:46

What money is being clawed back from ELB?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jan 2016, 12:22

I enquired about the lawsuit.  Here's what I received.

"Thank you for your email. Certification is proceeding on consent. The Crown will be preparing their statement of Defence within 30 days. Please follow up in mid-February so that I may let you know the contents of their defence memorandum".

Yours truly,

Josh

Joshua M. Juneau
Barrister & Solicitor / Avocat-notaire

tel  (613) 236-2657 x201
fax (613) 236-7476

Apparently the Liberals are still fighting this issue on behalf of Stevie Harper and Crew.

Sunny ways, my friends, sunny fracking ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 10:29

an update with no update... thanks

Back to top Go down

UPDATE FOR ELB CLAWBACK RETRO PAYMENTS Empty UPDATE FOR ELB CLAWBACK RETRO PAYMENTS

Post by meteck Fri 19 Apr 2013, 12:44

Was just on the phone with a long time worker at the call centre who was having a meeting this pm with senior type staff. i was the First person who was even called in ref to any decision to pay us elb members affected by the clawback, im in for 1200 a month since 2007. anyways the lady was well versed on the subject but had NO info to give me,she was going to bring it up in her meeting as she suspects these type calls will be increasing as the clock turns here. from a veteren web member here i am all but assured we will get paid,even my paid for psychologist who works hand in hand with vac believes its a matter of time as well. but to date its still non-existant at the call centers in canada they know nothing...stay tuned

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum