Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC PENSION REDUCTION BY VAC - QUESTION

2 posters

Go down

VAC PENSION REDUCTION BY VAC - QUESTION Empty THANKS FOR THE ANSWER

Post by Guest Thu 28 Oct 2010, 20:36

Thanks a lot for your answer. I was concern because we ear no many bad things about VAC theses day. Lets keep us informed and I am very glad to joined your group.
A proud veteran
Kramer

Back to top Go down

VAC PENSION REDUCTION BY VAC - QUESTION Empty Re: VAC PENSION REDUCTION BY VAC - QUESTION

Post by Teentitan Thu 28 Oct 2010, 11:22

OK I just got off the phone with the NCCN in Kirkland Lake.

Yes VAC can reduce your pension if your health "substantially improves". But it is extrememly rare for VAC to decrease a pension because the client's health has to be substantially improved for a couple of years before they start the process of reducing a monthly payment.

If VAC does want to reduce your pension then the client has the right to appeal. Just like when an application is denied.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

VAC PENSION REDUCTION BY VAC - QUESTION Empty Re: VAC PENSION REDUCTION BY VAC - QUESTION

Post by Guest Thu 28 Oct 2010, 01:39

funny you mentioned 'grandfathered" and yes your correct as i confirmed that with VA only bandits who will reduce or believe it or not is SISIP AKA Manulife correct me if i am wrong..they sure love doing clawbacks are taking responsability from paying to the point they have suggested that I get A disability pension from CPP.

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner Thu 28 Oct 2010, 00:00

Correct me if I am wrong,but I am positive I read that our disability percentage is "grandfathered" and cannot go down regardless of how much we improve in relationship to the disability chart after going in for a PME review.
birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://jets.nhl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 27 Oct 2010, 20:45

If VAC for some reason thinks your pensioned condition is improving they can request a medical examination to be done.

If they send you to one of their doctors and the findings lead to a reduction in your pension you can appeal that decision and go to your doctor to fight VAC's doctors decision. You will then have an appeal hearing to state your case that the VAC doctors findings are wrong and your pensioned condition has not improved.

I have never heard of a vet having their VAC pension reduced.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

VAC PENSION REDUCTION BY VAC - QUESTION Empty VAC PENSION REDUCTION BY VAC - QUESTION

Post by Guest Wed 27 Oct 2010, 19:29

Good day all;

First time in this forum and to start I have a question regarding pension reduction. I am currectly receiving a pension from VAC for various disabilities due to service. Everyone says our pension is for life. Do anyone had VAC contacted them requesting to review their pension entitlement or they leave you alone that's it.
This question is pertinent as us veteran budget our life with this pension and anxiety arise just to think about them playing like an insurance company and try to reduce your pension by sending you to a doctor for review. Did this happened to someone?
Thanks; Kramer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down