Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NVC (Parts of this Living Charter Should DIE)

2 posters

Go down

NVC (Parts of this Living Charter Should DIE) Empty Re: NVC (Parts of this Living Charter Should DIE)

Post by Jeffery M Sat 17 Aug 2013, 13:15

The death benefit is capped. Therefore, why should your life be worth anymore?
Someone once told me, "When you play with fire, you get burned. If Canada's economy had tanked like the US, you all would have been swimming home from Kandahar."
Most humans in this world are garbage. (Just my own opinion)

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

NVC (Parts of this Living Charter Should DIE) Empty NVC (Parts of this Living Charter Should DIE)

Post by 2 Truck Sat 17 Aug 2013, 08:40

I can't believe all the articles on the upcoming review of the NVC. How can you make improvements to such a flawed piece of legislature?
I was released 3B in 2003 under the PA with 50% pension. A few years later around 2005 I won an award of 2% to up my pension to 52% which meant no increase of payment because you are paid to the nearest 5%.
Last year I won another pensioned condition and VAC gave me 1% (under appeal) or around $800. Isn't the NVC swell? So what happens to my 2% under the PA. What a rip off , I believe I am being robbed , yet again (as I am SISIP claimant)
I got out in 2003 before the NVC came into effect. SO why was there no grandfather clause established. Why is there a compensation clause in the NVC when there was already the Pension Act.
The compensation part of the NVC should be eliminated and disability awards granted under the PA once again.
ALL I can say is " GO Equitas GO!"

DFW2T

2 Truck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down