Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please read this. And pass this to anyone you can.

4 posters

Go down

Please read this. And pass this to anyone you can. Empty Re: Please read this. And pass this to anyone you can.

Post by Jeffery M Mon 09 Sep 2013, 15:54

The NVC LAWSUIT is going to trial!

Over 1000 signatures, and counting!

Where are you naysayers now?!?!

Hahaha

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Please read this. And pass this to anyone you can. Empty Re: Please read this. And pass this to anyone you can.

Post by Dove96 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 12:29

Whoo-hoo
I was #1000.sunny

Last edited by Dove96 on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 15:26; edited 1 time in total
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 20:05

Without any doubt once the NVC was implemented, it began to be crystal clear that our government is heading towards the reduction in our Veterans future well - being.
Last year on remembrance day our former Minister of Veterans affairs Steven Blaney was interviewed on CTV, and was ask some excellent, and direct questions with regards to the NVC, he praised it, with every breath, but would bypass, and or refuse to give any answers to the legitimate concerns raised by the Veteran community.
This is what we have to look forward to with this government.
We as Veterans have to be vigilant in protecting our entitlements, and to secure our benefits for future Veterans, NVC will not allow for this. But we must remember that this is just the beginning, with the mind set of this government, we can expect more bad news down the road.
Now we must remember that we are not alone in our fight, we have the support of many, any group and or organization that shows such support, should be embraced by all of us. We just won the sisip battle, we did not win this on our own, we had support for the Law suit, and received public media coverage that in my view may have indirectly helped the public recognize what our Veterans have to deal with. Some had issues with the Law firm, and some had other issues with others, but at the end of the day, regardless of the issue in question, we cannot exclude the fact that these people, and or organizations did indeed put forward some excellent support, rather in a direct fashion, or indirect fashion, we need the support from whoever is willing to give it. We do not want to cut off the hand that feeds us, so looking forward we have to stand side by side with those that offer us support, the more support, the more pressure is put on the government to stop fighting us, and no matter what, we must acknowledge that we are not alone in our fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Mon 19 Aug 2013, 17:24

The judge deliberates in mid October...we need as many signatures on this petition as humanly possible.!

Points out!
FPF lay!!
***t I don't care what it takes. I'm going door to door dropping printed leaflets...

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 13:10

Well I may just use my media contact card for this seems only reasonable .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 09:36

I feel sick to my stomach

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 19 Aug 2013, 08:53

If the shift of VAC duties to Service Canada remains the same then anything that cannot be found on VAC's website is as far as the Service Canada Agent goes. At this point the client is given the 866 number and told to call to either answer the question or set up a CM appointment.

Last year Stoffer tried to pull off a "media moment" by showing the inadequacy of Service Canada but he failed.

Do I like the closing of VAC offices? No. Do I like Service Canada taking over VAC servies? No. But we work with what we got. So this is why I'm happy to see a lot of CSAT members helping each other.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 19 Aug 2013, 08:26

We have all seen the shift begin already, with Service Canada taking over some of the first line contact support from VAC. If the Tories remain in charge much longer, we could see the entire VAC structure merged with Service Canada. And I don't know if anyone has ever had to go into a Service Canada office for assistance, but I had to when filing for medical unemployment benefits, and I sat there for three hours to see an agent, and then all she did was go to the website and we filled in the online forms together. In fact the only thing she did that I couldn't have done at home was photocopy the supporting documentations from my Doctor. Now this was something rather simple and something they may deal with on a regular basis, but imagine if a Vet had to go in and apply for PIA or the SRB, these people would be lost.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 07:47

done will pass this on.

propat

Back to top Go down

Please read this. And pass this to anyone you can. Empty Please read this. And pass this to anyone you can.

Post by Jeffery M Sun 18 Aug 2013, 22:19

Our Duty - Denial of Social Contract
« on: August 17, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »
Sent: August-17-13 2:29 PM
Subject: Denial of Social Contract

NOTE: I have BCC’d some individuals who need to read this but don’t want to be part of a massive email chain. To those people: I apologize for contacting you, but this is absolutely critical. This should be the only email you receive unless you reply.

NOTE: This email has not included, to my knowledge, any media or politicians, only veterans and advocates. Please respect the sensitive nature of this email and DO NOT add any outsiders.

Veterans,

I know you have been following the lump-sum class action suit, but to refresh your memory....

On 24 July, Harold Leduc noted:
They based their argument and it's now a matter of public record in a court of law that the Government feels:

1. Veterans are essentially no different than any other citizen collecting other social benefits (welfare, unemployment, etc) and we are owed nothing more.

2. There is no 'Social Contract' between veterans, the Government and the People of Canada despite it being written throughout legislation and in CF publications.

3. That if citizens (Veterans in the case of the NVC) don't like the Government's laws, we are free to replace the Government through an election.

You must all take careful note of those statements. They transcend mere legal wrangling - they are the official position of the Government of Canada as presented by Crown attorney. Such arguments in a case like this necessitate Government approval, not just by the Attorney General, but also by the PMO. These are not law references, but official policy statements. The Government of Canada has stated that it doesn't owe you or serving members anything. Entitlements will, therefore, be presented as some sort of gift or benefit, delivered from a condescending hand, not out of moral or legal obligation.

Regardless of how the class-action suit proceeds, you can expect that this will be government’s new approach: shifting away from “entitlements” through “benefits” into “nothing more than the average citizen”. As we’ve seen with Harper downloading RCMP medical to the provinces, among other moves, I expect the long-term plan will be to move all veteran and in-country medical expenses to medicare and disability pension to CPP. THAT is what those arguments hint at.

At this time, you need to do two things:

1 - Unite against those arguments
2 - Appeal to civilians

Issue #1, Unity:

I appreciate that there are many complex issues relating to organizational unity and that, perhaps, it is impossible to achieve. That is beside the point at the moment. Government considers you all one demographic. Civilians consider you all the same. Maybe you are not, but in this, perception is reality.

Government has struck at the foundation of volunteer national service: the social contract. Government says it doesn’t exist. If no one comes out strongly to prove them wrong, then the contract WON’T exist, regardless of what you were told upon enlistment or how many papers and bits of legislation say otherwise. From Government’s standpoint, silence equals agreement.

Therefore, regardless of your feelings on a national unity organization, you must all act against Government’s claim. If you cannot form up under one umbrella, then at least find common cause in this issue and send out statements denouncing the Crown’s argument.

Issue #2, civilians:

There is a tendency in the veteran-government debate to ignore civilians. It should always be remembered, by both sides, that Citizens are the employer of BOTH. As such, the public are the ones to which you must appeal.

The social contract is not with Government. It is between those who serve and the people of Canada. Government can argue what it wants if citizens are not involved. However, if citizens declare that the social contract DOES exist, government does not have a legal leg to stand on. While judges generally do not consider public opinion, in this case, they will have to - the social contract is unwritten but at the heart of the argument. It exists if both sides say it does. If the public - or a significant portion - declares there is an obligation between the people and those who served, the Crown’s case collapses.

Therefore, whatever personal contempt you might feel for civilians, you need to get the public on board to win this fight. That means talking with them and not blaming them.

As those who recently attended the Military Minds weekend can attest, public support IS there. Citizens love and support those who have served; they just don’t know what to do to show it. When an event appears, they turn out in droves, even with no promotion. If Citizens are shown what they can do, now, to support veterans, most will be glad of the opportunity.

To that end, I have created a petition whereby Canadians can declare the social contact exists. If significant numbers sign (1% or more of the population), the Crown’s case collapses AND future Government moves towards eliminating benefits to veterans are headed off.

Our Duty is pleased to take the lead in this initiative, but we cannot do this alone. Everyone needs to unite to declare the social contract real and valid. While I will be promoting this petition, I hope you will join in and do the same. There are 1 million active duty and veterans; 1 in 33 Canadians. Every one of them has friends and family. So promote, beg, plead, cajole, anything you have to, but get their names on this document. I will be pushing the civilians and enlisting other Citizen groups to help.

The petitions are found here:

English:
https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/government-of-canada-the-social-contract-with-veterans-exists-and-we-must-keep-our-bargain

Francais:
https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/gouvernement-du-canada-le-contrat-social-avec-les-anciens-combattants-existe-et-nous-devons-garder-notre-affaire

Everyone, please carefully consider your next move on this issue. If you lose on the social contract, you will lose on all future issues. Government will have no reason to sit down with any of you for any reason.

Regards,
Jeff Rose-Martland
President
Our Duty

-----
Our Duty is a citizens' organization dedicated to ensuring Canada's veterans receive proper pension and benefits.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down