Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP / CPP not CCP D..

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SISIP / CPP not CCP D.. Empty Re: SISIP / CPP not CCP D..

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 21:06

Thank you ...Hubbys pension helps so I,m not alone on this and the best to you Propat...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 20:33

no problem wish you the best of luck.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 20:13

Thankyou for your help.. I have done the cppd and no I.m not going to get it..My cpp will be not as much as if I waited till 65.. but I can pay off the house in 5 years and the rrsp,s will take care of the rest...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:40

ok judy I get ya but im thinking from what I here your condition got progressively worst until you were unfit for duty and medically released. im also thinking you were declared TPI because you would be on sisip till 65. you should have applied for CPPD immediately and appealed any negative decision as your CPP level is frozen while on CPPD but its not frozen if you are not. in your CPP calculations your contributions for year 2003 on will be 00.0 from my understanding of your situation.sooo you may not be getting much for CPP anyway if any at all. I would contact them immediately about your calculations and maybe revisit the CPPD retroactively.

hope this helps

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 22:20

No have not worked since 02 the day i got out.. My injury was done in 89 so cppd said because I did not get out in 89 and stayed at my trade untill 02..And taking cpp at 60 is maybe there will be no monies left in 2018 LOL...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 18:55

ya see the thing is this may be part of bridging somehow. now some PS unions can take their CPP early without the normal CPP deduction till 65 ore with the normal CPP reduction but no reduction in pension ore sometimes other programs until they reach 65. of course this doesn't apply to cppd. so im not sure if this applies in this case but if it does and you get SISIP till 65 that's ok. if you get SISIP for life and are in good health probably not a good idea. now your question seems to bring to me more questions than answers. if you are on SISIP and will be from 60-65 why are you not on CPPD? are you working ? why take CPP early?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 13 Oct 2013, 01:05

that is very interesting judy. I guess if u have a letter from them, u can go by that. but does not make sense to me. why would they not take cpp when they take your cfsa and cppd.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 12 Oct 2013, 22:49

Sorry brain fart yes SISIP takes CPP D.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 21:03

Sisip is taking off my cf pension but i,m not on cpp(d)..but i plan to take my cpp at 60..
I have phoned sisip twice now and asked about cpp, and they told me they will not clawback my cpp as long as it is not  cpp(d) in fact they sent a letter to confirm it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sat 12 Oct 2013, 20:35

Sisip does say "The primary benefits under the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP)" so this would include CPP(D) or your regular CPP if you waited till age 60.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 12 Oct 2013, 20:25

They will deduct CPP(D) because it lists "other government sponsored LTD programs" among the deductible sources of income. As far as I can remember it doesn't state anything about CPP actual, even if collected early.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 17:09

Sisip takes my CPPD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sat 12 Oct 2013, 16:34

I am in receipt of CPP(D). One's SISIP amount claws back the amount of your CPP(D). I had to send them a cheque when I got CPP(D) retro. It is considered income by SISIP. It does not differentiate between CPP(D) and CPP. And if one goes by SISIP's website it mentions CPP ..* Other relevant sources of income include:

The Canadian Forces Superannuating Act (CFSA) benefits;
The primary benefits under the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP); and
Any employment income.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 12 Oct 2013, 16:03

SISIP LTD payments go to age 65. You are not clawed back if you are in receipt of CPPD.

If you are in receipt of a military pension though it will be clawed back so make sure you call the Pension Office when you receive it. Especially if you are getting retro CPPD!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 15:08

Sorry i should of said CPPD. oh well someone will pick up on it: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next