Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Manuge Interview Remembrance Day 2013 Lest We Forget

+2
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dennis Manuge Interview Remembrance Day 2013 Lest We Forget Empty Re: Dennis Manuge Interview Remembrance Day 2013 Lest We Forget

Post by Rags Wed 13 Nov 2013, 20:45

BigRex, You hit the nail on the head. We as Vets get such little time in media spot light it is incumbent upon those that do to tell it as it is and carry the tourch for those that cannot. Bigrex,s comment and my support of it takes nothing away from what Dennis did and the effort he put in. In the end he did present the 60% solution to us......we were just too miss informed to understand there was a better solution. Either that or too lazy or ill to fight anymore.
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Dennis Manuge Interview Remembrance Day 2013 Lest We Forget Empty Re: Dennis Manuge Interview Remembrance Day 2013 Lest We Forget

Post by Rifleman Wed 13 Nov 2013, 17:51

Good interview however my feelings about the whole process has not changed and will not change I myself am greatfull that there was a person like DM and whoever else that was involved behind closed doors I thank you for making my family financialy in a much better spot.

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 16:06

I liked the interview Denis did. He was homble and strait forword. Denis good job and yes after a battle that last's a few years one must return to his personnel life and familly. Few members of CSAT understand the hell of leading a major law suit. I dd and trust me I will not do it again. You did your share so lean back, have fur whit wife and kids. The few the proud!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 14:14

Jesus when I see stuff like this it reminds me of the movie "Just Friends" when the starlet sings, "Forgivness" lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 13 Nov 2013, 13:38

Sorry about that Rex I missed it and corrected it. Good reminder for everyone to remember that if you don't want your name on the CSAT drop me a quick pm and I will delete it for you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Nov 2013, 13:21

Teen, Dennis is allowed to voice his opinion, as much as I am, or anyone else on CSAT. The one thing that he should NOT have done is use my real name in his post, even if he knows who I am. If I choose to identify myself on a public forum, that should be MY choice, not his.

The point of my original post was simply that, the interview was a perfect opportunity to speak about what needs to be done in the future, not what has occurred in the past. He went on in length about what transpired during the SISIP clawback issue, but other than those still waiting for their settlement, it is all but history. It is now time for other issues to take the spotlight. Unfortunately, other Veterans advocates, rarely get the opportunity to conduct one on one interviews that will be aired Nationally. So therefor it was a missed opportunity for the Veteran community as a whole, regardless of who was being interviewed. If Dennis takes issue with this, then that is on him.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:58

I know. One thing that get's forgotten at times is that I have access to the toilet handle and can flush the crap away. LOL

But sometimes posts need to stay even if they do make the room stinky.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:53

Sorry, Teen, sometimes it just gets under your skin when you see and hear this crap!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:49

I just joined not much of a computer guy but I agree with the NAVRAT fellow CSAT is my first place I look to for info. 
Thank you 
CSAT 
Mr. Manuge please act your age and grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:34

You know I just had to step in, as everyone knows I am a long time loyal member of the legion, and as such I hear loads of stories and because of our location a great number of part time soldiers , young ones , who served in Afganistan and a great number really injured , and because of their part time status receive ELB based on their income which amounts to some of them very little a month in income. It's sad when VAC won't even cover eye glasses for some of them. Believe it or not a lot of these guys along with many others depend on CSAT for information that they can't find or otherwise have no access to, also the freedom of expression on here is very much appreciated by all, who cares if you disagree, at the end of the day were all in the same boat more or less. Forum Master: great post until this point Nav. As you said CSAT is about open dialogue. Or as I like to look at it 'positive' open dialogue. You were heading into 'negative' dialogue and we here at CSAT don't really need it at this time. So that is why I edited your post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 13 Nov 2013, 10:58

I see that Dennis is tired. He has given so much for this fight. Please let him go and live his life. He has earned it. Really. He has done so many interviews, spent so much time dealing with media, people, lawyers...he deserves the rest. If you don't like the man just let it go. He has done more than his share. "the torch be yours to hold it high". I think its time for someone else to carry that torch...
Have a good day. Find peace in your lives, move on.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 10:56

Dennis, just remember that they are a lot of CSAT members that respect you, and are most thankful for what you have accomplished for us, myself included.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 13 Nov 2013, 10:54

Dennis, thank you for posting on CSAT again. As you have learned since day one of your lawsuit CSAT was and always will be a site where a person can come and say what they want.

So that said again thank you Dennis and to the rest of the members of CSAT let's not let Dennis' comments upset us. Rather let's take his comments at face value.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 13 Nov 2013, 10:30

bigrex wrote:While I'm glad Dennis is in a good place in his life, as it is what we all deserve, he should have mentioned that there are still Veterans and their widows that are part his lawsuit that are getting the short shift from the Government and SISIP, instead of patting himself on the back and calling himself a "liberator". Veterans get so few chances to sit down and conduct a 5 minute interview for television, and have Canadians truly watching, so I feel that this was a wasted opportunity to significantly further our cause by also mentioning the RCMP clawback, the Equitas lawsuit or even the ELB clawback.
I hope you find some peace sometime Rex. I am beyond worrying about yours and the handful's expectations.
Why don't you grab a five minute interview and enlighten the world. I'm busy moving on and living life. I owe that to my wife, Tracy, and my daughter Mekelle.

Expectations are a funny thing, reality is something totally different. I hope they merge for you someday. Life is what you make of it, not what you can get out of it.I am only sorry that i wasted so much time on this site. It was counterproductive, and it took me a long while to learn.

Good luck
Dennis

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 22:45

There was just 234 released a few weeks ago. They seem to go by batches only. A Vet waited 2 weeks after he was told that it was processed.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next