Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans Affairs minister Lies to Parliamentary Committee

4 posters

Go down

Veterans Affairs minister Lies to Parliamentary Committee Empty Veterans Affairs minister Lies to Parliamentary Committee

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Nov 2013, 08:36

When Minister Fantino spoke to the Standing committee on Veterans Affairs, he lied to them during his remarks about how much time and effort was placed looking at the NVC before it was implemented. He stated "Colleagues, the New Veterans Charter was unanimously passed by Parliament under the former government after years of debate and study among experts, Veterans’ representatives and Veterans themselves.". We know that this is clearly not the case, and once again shows the our new Minister is either trying to be deceptive, or he has no clue about those that he serves and the legislation that governs us. I will have to go in and look at the entire meeting, but I only hope that the opposition party members on the committee picked up on this less than accurate statement and questioned him on it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Veterans Affairs minister Lies to Parliamentary Committee Empty Re: Veterans Affairs minister Lies to Parliamentary Committee

Post by Teentitan Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:30

Rex it's not just Fantino that thinks there was an extensive review by veterans. Even the current Liberal VAC critic thought it to be. That was until I told him 6 veteran organizations were sequestered in a room in downtown Toronto briefed, one group at a time (group meaning 2 people), then ordered to sign a confidentiality contract that they would NOT discuss it with members of their respective organizations.

About the only thing worthwhile in Fantino's opening speech and you can find it on the Latest News is the 160 recommendations VAC has implemented and how the VAC budget is spent and a head count of living veterans and the $700 million is being spent.

I'm trying to get pdf's of all the info so I can Archive them for VVi and link the info to CSAT for everyone to read. But for some reason a lot of the info is property protected!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Veterans Affairs minister Lies to Parliamentary Committee Empty Re: Veterans Affairs minister Lies to Parliamentary Committee

Post by Jeffery M Wed 20 Nov 2013, 15:02

What happens to our parliamentarians when injured on the job? Will they receive the Lump-sum?? Or disability Pension??

6 years for an indexed medical pension compared to our 10 years equivalent?

These parliamentarians are not leaders. Nor are they an example of leadership.

To this day, I still own a copy of the 'Principles of Leadership'...
Number 5.. Lead by example
Number 7.. Know your soldiers and promote their welfare
Number 11..Keep your follower informed of the mission, the changing situation and the overall picture.

Instead...the GOC will only side step, and spin everything in their favour.

Our response...
Lawsuit Number 1.. SISIP class-action
Lawsuit Number 2.. Equitas class-action
Lawsuit Number 3..
Lawsuit Number 4..
and on and on and on.

Grumpy cat is pleased!

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 20 Nov 2013, 16:48

MP's are grandfathered under the Pension Act. Yep no lump sum for them. Monthly payments...
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 18:36

And No Taxes! Bad for Business!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 19:57

Minister Fantino gets his approved comments every day before leaving the house sent to him by the boss (PM)if he speaks out side the formatted party comments of the day we will get a new minister.

This is clear by all the comments he has given to date.

Just my opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 22 Nov 2013, 09:42

And if I remember right the 2 legion command reps that signed were not vets.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 17:50

think I just puked boys how angry these (sic) make me feel when I read about sacrifice and live to commit sacrifice on my own end then see these (sic) on TV and wonder what sacrifice they have made, oh yeah they had the cleaners starch their shirts what a (sic) sacrifice that was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down