Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Court Decision Document Requests From Sisip LTD ~ Important Info

2 posters

Go down

Post Court Decision Document Requests From Sisip LTD ~ Important Info Empty Re: Post Court Decision Document Requests From Sisip LTD ~ Important Info

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 04:48

BINGO

Back to top Go down

Post Court Decision Document Requests From Sisip LTD ~ Important Info Empty Re: Post Court Decision Document Requests From Sisip LTD ~ Important Info

Post by Teentitan Wed 18 Dec 2013, 23:24

Well I don't want to point out the obvious but ofcourse MC is going to find every LTD client they can. Their work does mean they get to apply legal fees to another vet.

What is disturbing is how many? And how far back? So either there is a lot of misplaced clients or they go back more then 10 years otherwise MC wouldn't put the resources into finding them.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 19:11

my new med forms were filled out and sent in for this year just to make sure it would not effect my retro. however for next year im not to sure I am on ELB and they will pay me when SISIP lapses. I wonder if some less informed vets on ELB had a similar train of thought when they got their document requests?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 18:50

Agreed Sparrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 18:44

The good news I take from this is that MC is being proactive in trying to reach these individuals to rectify and by giving these class members the benefit of the doubt thankfully ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 18:28

Good info Sparrow, I just hope that the individuals in question did receive the request for additional information, my view is that any one person who chooses for what ever reason not to provide the requested information, and has not made any attempt to contact SISIP to inform them of any such reasons why they will not provide them the information, in my mind has no interest in getting any additional benefits that may be granted to them.

It is another story if individuals request from SISIP were lost in transit, and the person, or persons did not receive such a request, in that case every attempt to contact those individuals should be a priority, or some may have difficulty in getting the requested information, therefore added time should be given to allow them to get that information, in any event all should be looked at to confirm the actual status of those members.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 18 Dec 2013, 18:19

The problem is, whether these notices were sent to the correct address for these individuals. I know that we had to submit an address confirmation form to MC, but we don't know if that information was passed onto SISIP. Or there could be the situation where SISIP could have requested employment records before calculating the return, but if the Veteran never worked, there would have been no employment records to send. Or they may not have a doctor to fill out the required forms. These are just a couple of reasonable explanations that Veterans could have failed to send the requested information. I think SISIP should have tried a little harder to confirm the reason for the missing info, before passing judgement and reducing a Veterans return.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 17:03

thanks sparrow im glad you are keeping on the ball.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 15:37

Sisip and any Insurance company for that matter will cut you off if you don't submit the required information when requested by the Insurance companies

Back to top Go down

Post Court Decision Document Requests From Sisip LTD ~ Important Info Empty Post Court Decision Document Requests From Sisip LTD ~ Important Info

Post by Ex Member Wed 18 Dec 2013, 15:23

In speaking with Dan Wallace today, it has been discovered by MC recently that there are class action clients who did not respond to correspondence requests from Sisip LTD post Court decision for additional medical and/or  tax documentation. As a result of not responding to the document requests, there are clients who received a reduced settlement amount and/or $0 return. In an effort to benefit those class members, MC has hired staff to contact those individuals. Similarly, in an attempt to rectify this, clients who were sent requests for additional documents from Manulife post Court decision but did not respond for whatever the reason may be, should contact Sisip LTD
1-800-565-0701.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down