Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans' medical records to be held by private American firm

2 posters

Go down

Veterans' medical records to be held by private American firm Empty Re: Veterans' medical records to be held by private American firm

Post by Teentitan Mon 17 Mar 2014, 13:36

Some info about this company storing the medical records of veterans.

ALL RECORDS are stored in an office in Brampton. It is the Canadian Branch of this American Company and VAC has been using this company for about 10 years now.

So our med records are NOT in the USA they are here in Canada.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Veterans' medical records to be held by private American firm Empty Re: Veterans' medical records to be held by private American firm

Post by pinger Sun 16 Mar 2014, 20:48

Glad I finally got my medical and service records through archives a while ago... long time coming plus 3 month's. The gal I spoke with said it would take very long comprehensively (?). Then it got "lost", they sent me the CD-ROM a second time. I'm not impressed. It's almost like someone (who doesn't gives a flying crap).... scanned random pages. Lot's of time missing. Not expecting a flippin' biography but it seems kinda skimpy granted something important. Sheeesh!

Ahh, shoulda just got the paper version mailed to me a long time ago. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 19:54

As of March 31, 2009, VAC had approximately 4,153 employees, with 3,933 employees occupying indeterminate positions and 220 employees occupying fixed terms positions. The total salary expenses incurred by VAC in 2008-2009 totalled 238.5 million dollars. The compensation for overtime work during that year totalled 4.9 million dollars in cash and 5244.4 compensatory days off taken. The number of employees who were appointed in at least one acting assignment during that year is 330, with an average length of 132 work days in each appointment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 19:27

It does appear to be a pattern developing here and where it ends up is a guess at this point but outsourcing to an US firm does seem ominous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 18:42

I for one am definitely not happy with and outside agency handling my med docs, even though they state that they are for storage purposes only, it still means that this agency will have access to it, which to me is not right, these med docs should remain with DVA.
It almost seams as though they are moving towards the total elimination of DVA, with the recent cutbacks to DVA, and now this.
I am certain that they will come up with their own reasons for doing so, as they always do.
What will be next, have the AUCC form a board for our appeals and or approval for our benefits.

Maybe it's just me being a little skeptical, I just don't know what else to say.

Last edited by trooper on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 19:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 18:12

Iron Mountain Holdings is a provider of storage and information management services for  records management, data backup and recovery, document management and secure shredding - it does not appear to have the company ability to make decisions on benefits and clients who require benefits such as Veterans. I thought our records were held by Access To Information in Ottawa.
http://www.ironmountain.com/Company/Company-News/News-Categories/Press-Releases/2013/May/14.aspx
http://www.ironmountain.com/

Back to top Go down

Veterans' medical records to be held by private American firm Empty Veterans' medical records to be held by private American firm

Post by Ex Member Fri 14 Feb 2014, 17:57

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/veterans-medical-records-to-be-held-by-private-american-firm-ndp-1.1686574#ixzz2tJmFbaiS
Next thing you know we will have our thoughts taken away.

Thank you Bruce72 for posting this link originally.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down