Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics)

+8
abetterway
Rifleman
rucksack031
loggie
1993firebird
Sapper Zodiak
peep
bigrex
12 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics) Empty SISIP class action suit

Post by Guest Fri 27 Feb 2015, 18:35

Thank you so very much for all your advice. I do appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics) Empty Re: FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015, 15:49

jfaubert,

First off my advice to you would be to contact the CRA - and even another widow who also received a lump sum to ask them specifically if you are entitled to any such benefits with respect to tax relief , reason being for this question is that you did receive it on behalf of your late husband.
I would not want to give advice without being certain of this.

If the answer is no - and you are satisfied that no is indeed fact, you can post this here and we would be more than happy to walk you through the whole tax ordeal process - we all have been through it, and it is really straight forward, and any tax accountant can process your return with no difficulty, and you certainly should not pay anyone more than $300.00 to have your return completed.

Back to top Go down

FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics) Empty Re: FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:24

Hi again, you need an accountant that is experienced in Estate filings and compliance. Here is one that I located in London, Ontario who handles this type of accounting. Hope this helps.
Davis Martindale LLP
373 Commissioners Rd. W.
London, ON N6J 1Y4
local: 519.673.3141  
toll free: 1.800.668.2167

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:08

Hi, if you go to SISIP CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT facebook page, I know there is a lady who is in your situation and if you post your questions you may get a lot of great advice.
Scroll down the page and read the various posts.

Back to top Go down

FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics) Empty Sisip Refund Tax Relief

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015, 09:23

Hi,

I am a lost as what to do regarding my lump sum refund that I received August 2014. I received this on behalf of my late husband and now have
to face the CRA. Does anyone know what forms I should send in to help me out? Also does anyone know of an accountant or any income tax
service in London, Ontario that have all the information on this class action refund?
I would appreciate any help whatsoever.
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by hello39s Wed 21 Jan 2015, 15:29

Today I received a call from the federal government on tax relief (RC4288E). This was my 2nd request. Of course, after several explanations, reimbursement was denied because the interest charged is calculated as the deemed tax, no such interest. It is a federal law and who works in the finance department can change anything. The only thing that will pay me is the interest paid in 2013. They received Propat letter many times as an attachment and it does not matter because the person told me that it either n had not been reimbursed except for 2013. interest She only confirmed that, the rest of his record being understood staff. The only option left is a judicial review ($$$) or a class action to try to change this injustice. I wrote for the record straight. Thank you all for the information on this site in general.

hello39s
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 15:49

same old same old . a judicial review is the only way forward as to the lack of inclusion of the deemed tax under the fairness provision and does this satisfy the intent of the provision .

a great argument but if your deemed tax doesn't outweigh your 3.27% by a significant amount they will in all likelihood not even here the case .

like ya said buds lots of time pace yourself.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Mon 19 Jan 2015, 14:38

Just got a letter back from CRA my request for TAX RELIEF was denied two page explanation why it was denied it was just a bunch of BS that was hard to understand however this does not mean that I will give up on this subject the battle has just began I have lots of time to make my next move man I love this LOL

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 12:47

Has anyone got any tax relief with this yet ?

Back to top Go down

Post by hello39s Mon 22 Dec 2014, 15:10

Propat, I wanted to give you news of my application RC4288. My application was refused. I only have to appeal this decision. I will sent you a private message.

hello39s
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Oct 2014, 18:18

hello no not really a couple were initially accepted but then were granted relief from something else not the deemed tax or interest portion of the QRLSP calculations for witch they clearly applied and were accepted for.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by hello39s Tue 07 Oct 2014, 16:46

Propat, I have a question for you. Do you know if there are others who have submitted Form RC4288 and have been accepted? I sent mine Friday, October 3. I live in Quebec and Quebec income have not charged me any interest in my 18 years of retro. It was a very good news. Very Happy

hello39s
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2014, 00:38

pretty sure they fracked me.

payed about 17000 after the letter thought id get 12- 14 back rough math. no way less than 10 but got 8 .

don't have the calc sheet yet but im almoast positive I get fracked.

it was unmistakable what I asked for INTEREST the interest portion of the QRLSP !!!

unmistakable and it was granted .

but it looks like I got fracked .

one peed off propat

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 19 Jul 2014, 19:25

Couldn't have said that better propat... tooth and nail. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jul 2014, 23:49

yup I agree with LTD appeal but I sure can understand being disgusted with the system when you have to scratch claw and fight every step you take through it. it gets you low and just makes you want to quit. been there and im sure will be there again. the thing is that is exactly how its designed to get just that effect. I mean all of it tax DVA NVC whatever. ya gotta keep on keeping on until you cant then step back take a break get your headspace and timing and then pick up where you left off.

hate to be the bearer of bad news but if your a disabled vet in Canada and are fond of things like eating you are goanna have to fight battles like this the rest of your life that's just how it is.

all my best to you buds only you know what you can handle at this time so im sure you will make the right decision.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next