Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A - Page 3 Empty Re: IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2014, 17:36

Exactly my concern Teen. I was able to contact our accountant just in time to put a halt on the returns however was advised by accountant that the recalculations will cost me additional fees for time related to our tax returns. I query how many others have already completed their returns or are in the process of. Thanks Nav for your intel too.

Our accountant did say these types of amendments are not unheard of but are quite uncommon.

Last edited by Sparrow on Thu 13 Mar 2014, 17:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A - Page 3 Empty Re: IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A

Post by Teentitan Thu 13 Mar 2014, 17:16

Well if there is an audit problem IMO it should be applicable to the 2014 taxes.  We are all too far into getting our taxes done and filed ASAP to give CRA time to do them and we don't get penalized because we waited to long to file.

Stay ontop of that one Navrat and do some digging for us.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2014, 16:09

Not to start rumors but has anyone else heard anything regarding overpayments and underpayments because the Manulife audit started about a week ago. Stay tuned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2014, 15:30

Sparrow, as always good info to pass on.
The easy way to know if any of your slips are incorrect, just compare the amount on your slips, to the amount showed on your calculation sheet given to you from SISIP when you received your retro.
If the numbers match, go ahead and complete your taxes, if they don't match, don't complete your taxes.
Before I ventured out to have my taxes done, I did just that, everything matched up, so I was good to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2014, 15:27

Thank you Sparrow as you know I received amended t4a and t5 yesterday but I sent in my tax return last week so I have to wait until they do it then file an adjustment to my 2013 tax return and yes the figures are wrong it's widespread and a lot of you are getting them

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Thu 13 Mar 2014, 14:42

Just a TAD late I would say, for some of us.

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A - Page 3 Empty IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A

Post by Ex Member Thu 13 Mar 2014, 14:34

Just received documentation from Manulife due to amended T5 and T4A. Apparently Manulife has made errors in these forms and have sent amended ones to replace the originals. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THOSE CLIENTS BEFORE SENDING OFF YOUR TAXES BECAUSE IT IS A NUISANCE AND THE FIGURES ARE HIGHER THAN THE ORIGINAL T4 and T5. I have heard this happened to one other on csat so we cant be an isolated case.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3