Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NVC review - Same old stuff - look at their 2010 report -- interesting

2 posters

Go down

NVC review - Same old stuff - look at their 2010 report -- interesting Empty Re: NVC review - Same old stuff - look at their 2010 report -- interesting

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 08:27

well said pinger I think the most important duty you have is to vote. we best all due it especially this coming election.

hint; if you see an exit pole run to it and make sure you tell them right off you are a vet.

the exit pole will not help this year but if the numbers end up showing vets are voting on mass you can be guaranteed they will help in guiding the next government in its decision making.

propat

Back to top Go down

NVC review - Same old stuff - look at their 2010 report -- interesting Empty same old, same old

Post by pinger Mon 31 Mar 2014, 00:14

Hey Cosmo,

What the hell is wrong?  Meeting number 19?... It's politics.

Not to offend any politicians or aspiring ones on csat (don't think so)?...but I believe when politicians die they all go straight to hell  cheers !.
They shake your hand before the election, and shake your confidence after the election.

"That VAC commission an independent professional analysis of court judgments to establish the actual value of compensation paid for pain and suffering resulting from a permanent disability"

Uh-huh, and that is from 2010? Don't know that particular lines outcome but so many analysis need commissions that need reviews that need inquiries that need internal this or external that, etc. etc. etc ad nauseium and all the while the time passes.

Sounds like a circular, self-serving work project to me, and to who's benefit? All the while, millions and billions of dollars get donated to other countries. Where are the GOC's priorities on that count? They blow it on the international stage, but they give us scraps. THAT'S NOT NICE. Hold elected officials accountable. Keep bugging them. WE ELECTED THEM AND WE CAN UN-ELECT THEM. Think you found a good one with integrity for us? Find out where their integrity is in 5 - 10 years. I have hope. But exceptions are rare.

I've got  a "recommendation" An election is coming up, as is Rock the Hill. Enough said. Sorry for rambling and ranting (probably in the wrong slot) but I think you guys and gals understand that.  pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

NVC review - Same old stuff - look at their 2010 report -- interesting Empty NVC review - Same old stuff - look at their 2010 report -- interesting

Post by cosmo12 Sun 30 Mar 2014, 09:18

I was reading their 2010 report and look what recommendations they had done:

That the earnings loss benefit become a non-taxable benefit representing the equivalent of 100% of a veteran’s net income at the time of release, where that release is the consequence of a service-related injury.

That VAC and DND undertake an investigation to provide fairness in income replacement compensation that reflects a standard military career progression.

That the supplementary retirement benefit undergo a thorough review to permit regular and sufficient contributions to a pension plan, particularly for veterans with a total and permanent incapacity.

That VAC more clearly define the objectives of the permanent impairment allowance and assure veterans whose injuries are too serious to enable them to return to gainful employment are eligible.

That VAC revise the overall structure of the financial benefits offered under the New Veterans Charter so as to ensure that veterans receive equivalent benefits beyond the age of 65.

That VAC commission an independent professional analysis of court judgments to establish the actual value of compensation paid for pain and suffering resulting from a permanent disability.

That Veterans Affairs Canada ensure that family members who take care of severely disabled veterans are compensated appropriately

The same committee is now at meeting 19 to review the NVC in order to summit at the end a report to the cabinet on how to improve the NVC - 4 years ago they went and did the samething !!!! also the Mr. Parent summit his report going the same way -

What the hell is wrong ???

Cosmo

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=4634723&Mode=1&Parl=40&Ses=3&File=9&Language=E

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

NVC review - Same old stuff - look at their 2010 report -- interesting Empty Re: NVC review - Same old stuff - look at their 2010 report -- interesting

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down