Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering

+4
Rifleman
bigrex
Mike77
RCN-Retired
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wondering - Page 5 Empty Re: Wondering

Post by RCN-Retired Sat 12 Apr 2014, 02:32

I was told I had to reapply to CPPD which I was denied in 2005. They called again and asked if I had applied which I told them I had last fall, they left me with a number to call once I heard back from CPPD and just this past week SISSIP sent me forms to which I must now sign giving them permission to access all of my files in various government agencies, if I do not comply well the treat is still there that they will cease my LTD. How does one deal with blackmail and distortion?
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:57

absolutely Harman "Comply to die for the VRI" lol and let them know that SISIP has a Case Manager for everyone and they can be called, emailed or letter mailed, respect goes a long way cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:49

Thanks RR I will message that person on FB and advise them as the wife of the soldier seemed quite fearful of the request and Sisip. I get that but as you say, comply and all should be fine. Cheers and thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:41

Some people feel like they are being discriminated against but if you read your LTD Policy it (SISIP) will ask you to apply if you have not applied (yet) or (never have) applied, if you have applied then tell them when and what transpired, that is all they ask, if you however say a long the lines of "FACK YOU" none of your business then that tells the policy management that you have chance of being compliant and to them thats all they need to watch you crash and burn. Sucks but sometimes giving more info (as all professional soldiers do) then you have nothing to worry about. LNVB is a site that causes more hysteria than you can imagine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:21

I am not so sure RR as the way I read the post on LNVB is that if the LTD client did not reapply for CPP D then he would be taken off LTD regardless of if he was approved CPP D. I understand you point as well RR as being accurate too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:14

Harman my dear boy yes this is not meant to be a bite but a push, SISIP actually could care less who pays them or who pays you they for the most part want you to apply so the transition to old age pension nets you the best possible income, if you are rejected then at least you retain your LTD benefits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 17:20

Harman yes it is so he should re apply I get that letter every year and ive been on CPPD since 2008.

propat

Back to top Go down

Wondering - Page 5 Empty Wondering

Post by Ex Member Wed 09 Apr 2014, 16:55

I read on Leave No Vet Behind a post today which basically suggests  that Sisip is telling a client to apply for CPP D even though the person had applied previously and was denied. The clients suffers from PTSD and was told that if he doesn't reapply they will stop his LTD benefits. Is this common.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5