Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VRAB, how to beat this corrupt organization

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VRAB, how to beat this corrupt organization - Page 2 Empty Re: VRAB, how to beat this corrupt organization

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:48

ya nomind that would be nice wouldn't it hey maybe some day bud who know. the thing is vets are being denied every day even though they can absolutely link a causation and diagnosis to military service . vets continue to fight in civi court right up to the supreme court because the GOC keeps appealing in hopes to break them. but the stubborn one that keep up the fight do seem to win. now we know the GOC has deep pockets and don't mind appealing and appealing again. does a VRAB board member???

propat

Back to top Go down

VRAB, how to beat this corrupt organization - Page 2 Empty Re: VRAB, how to beat this corrupt organization

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:24

Yes I agree, been there and know how the VRAB process goes and it is devastating for sure. I did contact a couple of lawyers but when I explain the case many have stated that they don't go up against Military and/or DVA Tribunals. They are not keen on doing it and unless they can absolutely link a causation and diagnosis to military service they wont even consider the case end stop. Pretty gut wrenching. What would be wonderful is a group of lawyers who volunteer their time and represent Veterans but haven't seen that as yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:18

I fully understand that no mind and I agree but the thing is moast of theses guys have no medical background witch is a sore spot in the vet community. nor will they be sued for malpractice . the thing is their is a risk if you lose you will be out the lawyers so ya better make sure you have a very good case. and I sudjest a good lawyer . best to pay a little extra up front and get it reimbursed latter than pay less and not win.

a lot of pitfalls out their so this should not be done unless you have a strong case. but from the last ombudsman's report on VRAB I think he stated around 65% of the denials were done incorrectly ignoring medical evidence not giving benefit of the doubt and so forth so I bet their is a few disabled vets out their that do.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 21:01

I don't object with any of your points propat and would like to see fairness across the board be it VRAB, ELB, NVC and the list goes on. I am just concerned that Vets start a process that they may not know all the consequences of but then again I am no expert and it isn't my decision to make. I was simply explaining what I had come to understand with malpractice, service related injuries and how it relates to DVA benefits in the event one pursues a civil law suit and is successful. As for malpractice in Canada the odds are against us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 20:45

I see nomind the thing is very few VRAB board members have any medical experience.

even if they had a malpractice insurance that does not cover intentional malicious action so if they intentionally ignoring medical evidence the insurance would not pay.

these lawsuits would be for claims that were wrongly denied because VRAB board members did not follow their own policy and the pension act so their would be no monies payed prior to judgment so non to pay back.

now im not sure where you are getting the facts about success rates of lawsuits maybe you are talking about a different type but here is the thing.

many lawsuits against VRAB itself have been successful and I may be missing 1 or 2 but ALL the lawsuits ive seen VRAB push to the supreme court level HAVE been successful. again maybe I missed a couple.

im just suddjesting if we continue to sue VRAB in the convectional manner with an already long list of successful suits nothing will change as it hasn't already because VRAB board members have nothing at steak so they make decisions that go against policy and the pension act all they want they will get nothing but a pay raise .but if they had something at steak if they didn't follow the rules set out for them then maybe the will follow the rules.

as for clogging up the courts we have been treated like second class citizens for far to long if ANY VET and I mean ANY has a valid case they think they should bring to court I say BRING IT. we have as much right to the courts as anyone IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO USE IT!!!!!!

ITS YOUR RIGHT!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 15:52

Interesting points propat and supremedebater. However I wonder  supremedebater whether that is a wise plan in the long run for the Veteran. Although it may hurt the VRAB in the short term, in the long term it hurts the Veteran even more. Propat, I like your points but I also wonder in the long term what would happen. Would it end up being  similar to medical malpractice suits where like doctors, the VRAB members some of whom are likely doctors themselves, have malpractice insurance and if not who is to say that the VRAB don't join together and get some type of insurance for lack of better explanations, malpractice insurance (mal-appeal insurance). And like malpractice,  will clog the courts with prolonged lawsuits that have a low success rate  and high financial risk for the victims. Doctors would rather pay a lawyer tens of thousands  of dollars to defend themselves even if they know they are negligent rather than pay out to a claimant and then they will ask for costs and damages when they win.

Oh and btw, based on my own experience with injuries at the hands of a doctor in NDMC please be very clear on this point. IF YOU PROCEED AND SUE A DOCTOR AND IN THIS EXAMPLE VRAB, YOU WILL HAVE TO REPAY BACK ALL BENEFITS YOU RECEIVED BY DVA BECAUSE ACCORDING TO LAWYERS AT DVA I WAS TOLD THAT I COULD NOT COLLECT BOTH DVA AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES THROUGH A CIVIL LAW SUIT RELATED TO MILITARY INJURIES SO I WOULD SURMIZE IT WOULD BE THE SAME WITH VRAB. BASICALLY, YOU CAN NOT DOUBLE DIP FINANCIAL COMPENSATIONS PLUS THE SUCCESS RATE OF LAWSUITS IS VERY SLIM TO NONE FOR THESE TYPES OF CASES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 08:07

been mulling this over for a bit doing a little research and such and well just want to throw this out there.

did you know that Canadian citizen's are responsible for their actions at work not the company or organization unless they are following company policy that does not break any laws.

yup even if the employee was following company policy but the action the employee took as per policy was illegal then the employee is responsible .

hmmmm

did you know you have the right to know the names of the VRAB members that made your decision?????

hmmm

I wonder what would happen if instead of taking VRAB to court to get an obviously flawed decision in the fact that they ignored medical evidence and never gave benefit of doubt you instead started suing the board members themselves for not only the amount of the claim but legal fees , pain and suffering and punitive damages??????

yup I do wonder.

hmm

I wonder what board members would do if this was happening and successful???

would they continue to ignore policy and the pension act knowing instead of the GOC paying what rightfully be payed they themselves may have to pay it plus more????

or would they start following policy and the pension act and let the chips fall were they may for the GOC and client and in doing so protect themselves from any liability ?????

is the best course to ignore the problem by simply taking yourself off the field of battle?????

or is it to attack from a different direction???

boys it may be just my clouded judgement on this ya see I was in the infantry as a Cpl/pte (depending on where my fists have been lately) for 20 years always in a fighting position no school, range control , kit shop or anything so ive only known three action to take when confronting a stubborn enemy here is the list.

ATTACK

ATTACK

ATTACK

so what would you more reasonable and broadly educate people think is the best corse of action????

I am curious very curious???

pleas discuss.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jul 2014, 14:49

With winning comes a price my friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jul 2014, 13:27

Supreme, What's up? Good to hear from you! Hope your battle with VAC has been successful!

Back to top Go down

VRAB, how to beat this corrupt organization - Page 2 Empty VRAB, how to beat this corrupt organization

Post by Ex Member Tue 08 Jul 2014, 11:01

Folks, if you want to change and abolish vrab, the only way is to stop the review and appeal process. Want to know what to the secret? This group is a corrupt money pit that wastes the tax payers money and disabled veterans. I say stop all reviews and appeals right away! If no one goes I the review or appeal levels the GOC will have no choice but to make changes! The Vrab entity will be abolished if no one appeals a vac decision! Because don't forget...you can resubmit new evidence to vac also, as well ask for a reconsideration! Vrab is in place to deny veterans! Let's stop the shytestorm by not using the toilet entity called Vrab! Jobs at Vrab will be cut back, Vrab review and appeal members will be eliminated as well! Think about it, if the entity is not used there's no use for it. Time to send a message, this is the only way to abolish the bs by Vrab. Let's stop going to reviews and appeals and wasting our time! 

Supreme out

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2