Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Must "Do's" When Submitting Receipts to VAC

4 posters

Go down

Must "Do's" When Submitting Receipts to VAC Empty Re: Must "Do's" When Submitting Receipts to VAC

Post by pinger Sun 14 Dec 2014, 16:41

I've always liked filing cabinet's... hands on paper w/ copies. Safety deposit boxes come to mind as well, very.... large ones. There's no disputing signatures on paper esp. originals when it comes to our... interests. Simply back it up folks. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Must "Do's" When Submitting Receipts to VAC Empty Re: Must "Do's" When Submitting Receipts to VAC

Post by Dove96 Fri 12 Dec 2014, 18:23

I had to buy a bigger filing cabinet to hold it all. Having hard copies as well as computer copies has saved my @ss more than once.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Dec 2014, 17:46

All good advice troops and to add to that I always make a PDF scan of all VAC/ManuLife documentation that way I have a workable copy(one that I can use the "add text" command and add signature) to type all my info, including VAC Client Number, dates and I hard paste (scanned copy) all receipts. I save all docs as the *Date that I am mailing it* and keep the original as I said my working copy. I do the same for my yearly Manulife shit storm that they require each year, again PDF format so I can make it into a working copy. All documentation is then entered into a separate file that includes Medical Appointments/Grounds/Housekeeping/Medical Questionnaires and the likes. If your doing Medical appointments keep a running VAC 752 file with all info on it, have had to submit twice this year so someone is watching lol. I can not stress this enough, YOU AND YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MEDICAL FILES KEEP THEM UP TO DATE> READ ALL YOUR INFO VET AND UPDATE EVERY TWO YEARS MINIMUM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 Wed 10 Dec 2014, 12:04

One more thing. I printed a sheet of address labels with my name and VA number.
I stick one on every piece of paper that is sent to VAC.
Usually the prescription, second page of a document or receipt does not have our information on it.
VAC has lost or misplaced a lot of my paperwork over the years and I like to know I did everything to make sure was papers are marked for my file.

Last edited by Dove96 on Fri 12 Dec 2014, 18:21; edited 1 time in total
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 06 Sep 2014, 01:24

Also, if you are requiring any expensive treatment, make sure that your doctor sends in the pre-approval and gets a positive response before proceeding. I just finished having major dental work done, but because my dentist did not inform me that the pre approval letter she submitted had not been replied to before she scheduled the work to be done, I am currently on the hook for over 2 grand, because VAC is saying they never received her request.

What really pissed me off though was when I called VAC to find out what went wrong, the VAC employee refused to transfer me to the Treatment Authorization Centre. She then went on to say the dentist can speak with them, but they will not speak to a Veteran, which is in direct violation of the Bill of Rights. When I brought up the Bill of Rights, I was told that they would no longer deal with me and put me on hold, and left a message for my CM to call me. So now, I am left out of the loop, as my dentist and VAC try to sort out the whole mess.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Must "Do's" When Submitting Receipts to VAC Empty Must "Do's" When Submitting Receipts to VAC

Post by Teentitan Fri 05 Sep 2014, 21:59

As we all know by now there are a lot of service providers that hate (some loath) the paperwork involved to get a billing code for equipment.

I have this problem for my CPAP equipment.  So I just pay for it and submit the bill to the National Reimbursement Centre in PEI.  

Well even though you have the "customer copy" that states "total sale" it is not enough to be reimbursed because there was no STAMP on it that said paid in full.

So after some "conversations" with the Blue Cross employee I was told that a submitted bill for reimbursement must have:

a stamp stating "paid"

or

you can include your credit card receipt or debit receipt as proof that you paid for the special needs equipment.

and of course

a physician's prescription. When it comes to the physician prescription do yourself a favour and call the NCCN tell them what you need and "who" can write the prescription and what is the "shelf life" for the prescription.  For repetitive equipment (like CPAP cushions) as how many items is the prescription good for.

I'm posting this as I had the wrong practitioner write a prescription and it was denied.  So I called the NCCN and got the list for who can write a custom knee brace prescription.  Not kidding but did you know a Vascular Surgeon can write a prescription for a custom knee brace?  The Orthotic  Surgeon who wrote the knee brace prescription for me said if you get to the Vascular Surgeon level for my knee the prescription they will write for is for a custom artificial leg!

If you should have any incident where common sense does not work in getting your money back call the OVO and submit a complaint.  They are starting a file of incidents that will give them the paperwork to approach VAC/Blue Cross to use common sense or change their policies.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down