Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week End Help

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week End Help Empty Re: Week End Help

Post by Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 18:10

Oh ya, that's it, the good old Mackie House, some memories just don't fade, that is one of them.

A little bit of a distance between the base and the bar, however, when I left for Pembrook on Friday night, I stayed for the Weekend, free room and board if you know what I mean.

Oh what I would do to be able to go back in time, and spend one Weekend at the Mackie House.

One of the best bars in Ontario, at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 08:51

ok trooper now your telling your age the Mackie House lol good times indeed brother lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 20:44

Well, here in NB houses are fairly cheap, lots of work in your field, lots of hunting and fishing and trapping.

One thing about the maritimes the people are friendly, not to discount the rest of the Country, I think it may be a population thing,
less people, more, close net.
I love people, conversation here with complete strangers happen on a daily basis.

When I was in Petawawa, there was a town called Pembrook, I use to go to a bar called, I think, the mack house or something like that.
When I wasn't fighting, I was chasing the girls, I remember going out with one girl who thought that my home Province NB, had plastic paper for windows in our houses, and we were somewhat backwards compared to the rest. Lol.
So I played the game, agreed with everything she said, and added more to the subject.
But it was all in fun, use to pass that on to my mom and dad, they thought it was hilarious.
I love my Province, as everyone should love the Province in which they reside.
Bottom line here is, it's not what others think of you that counts, it's what you think of yourself that counts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:43

Thinking of moving out east where the people are friendlier and community life is more vibrant.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 18:43

Brasidas,

just wondering how everything is going ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 19:55

Brasidas,

There is no doubt in my mind that you can rebuild your life, all it takes is dedication, and some self esteem.
My advice is to love yourself first, be in charge of yourself, sure you may make a mistake here and there,
we all do, anyone who claims to be perfect, is not living in the real world.
Learn to deal with obstacles that get in your head, there are a lot of cruel people in this world,
don't let these individuals control you, you are in charge of yourself, not to mistake this for obeying your boss,
but whoever is not treating you as a human being should be treated, does not deserve the satisfaction of thinking they
for some sick reason are better than you, or somehow because they are in a position of authority can do what they want
right or wrong, which can hurt others, without thinking and or any remorse for what actions they have taken.
For me I stopped letting people like that get the best of me years ago, mind you I will defend myself in a heartbeat,
but over the years I have taken the position of taken control of my life, not letting people like that bother me,
who wins here, them or you, you are the winner each and every time.
I know when one is smack dab in the middle of a bad situation, it is difficult to keep in control of yourself,
and no doubt can make it difficult to find the right solution as to how one is going to handle it,
the solution should always start with you taken control of yourself, having a good job is without a doubt and important
part of everyone's life, it supplies security, and well being to one's life, but we live in a world where one does not have
to stay in a job that is not suited for them, we also can remain in one job, while looking for another, many options are
available to us during difficult times with respect to the workplace in which we are working in.
Be thankful that you are able to work, many due to health conditions cannot work.
Try to stay positive and focused, always keeping in mind that you are in control of yourself.
Don't be afraid to make a mistake, we all make them, if a mistake is made, learn from it, and move forward.
Stay strong you are not alone, keep your head high, and be proud of yourself by not letting others get to you.

Something that I will share here,

about six Weeks ago a friend of mine approached me and told me that he was quitting his job,
he was upset and angry at his boss, he had asked his boss for certain benefits, and his boss said no.
I found it hard to believe that the boss said no, as I have witnessed the top notch work that my friend was
doing for this company, and the first thing that came to my mind was, things will not be the same in this company without him,
as he made the company shine.
Realizing that there are always two sides to every story, and I only heard his side, I still could not see why they would not want to keep him.

Now the boss in question is also a friend of mine, I have not had the chance to talk to him since this ordeal started.
Last Week I saw my friend for the first time since he told me about his situation.
The first thing I said to him was this, well what's up with you in your job ?
this is what he told me, Friday is my last day, I found a new job, and the company that he quit from called him and offered him everything
that he asked for and more, my friend told them it was to late he found another job.
So here is a guy with a wife and kids who had enough, he took control and moved on.
To early for me to know if his better off in his new job, time will tell I guess.
To me his departure from the company is their loss, big time, but one has to ask why did they wait until he got another job to offer him
what he wanted in the first place, perhaps they thought because he had a family to support, he was bluffing, who knows why,
but I think this is one of many examples that proves that taken control of yourself, is taken control of your life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 18 Sep 2014, 16:18

That is what the CSAT Forum is for Brasidas...vets helping vets!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Thu 18 Sep 2014, 16:05

Wow, life is surprising sometimes. I've never witnessed so much support from the world. Thank you everybody. Maybe I can start to rebuild a proper life. With some hope for a future.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Thu 18 Sep 2014, 05:21

Well this matter is being swept under the rug. 2nd refusal do get the taped conversation of my suspension notice refused. Union is quiet. Looking to the Human rights board for support and praying they don't tell me that being in a union revokes your status as a human.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 17:33

Sounds like a real winner ( who is this guy ) arrogant SOB.
This individual goes to interview someone, and has no Idea who the person he is interviewing,
not very professional is it.
Not going to waste your time, arrogant.
Aren't you going to argue with me he says, again a real winner, arrogant.
I certainly agree with you when you state this : The whole thing showed me he didn't want me in the place at all in any capacity.

So for me I would not want any part of that organization,
one must ask themselves this, do I really want to work for someone that has no time or respect for me,
I think not.

I can just Imagine the frustration you are going through, but you have to be strong,
it's their lost, yes you have a wife and child to support, but I am sure they are behind you,
as you have been put in that position by no fault of yours.
You are doing your very best to provide for them, but you must find the strength to carry on,
and find another job, again with their support.
Difficult times means finding the strength to overcome the difficulties that you are experiencing,
Sure things may be a little rocky for awhile, but at the end of the day, your words, { the future is mine }

This person that interviewed you, I have no time for people like that, I have met people like that, arrogant XXXXX,
and I have my own way of dealing with them.

So the way I see it, you would make and excellent Manager, it's their lost,
and perhaps your gain, as you may find yourself in a better workplace,
and perhaps more respect from the individual who conducts that interview.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 07:44

I sent you a message Brasidas.
Stay strong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Tue 16 Sep 2014, 07:16

Glover you are right about a lot of things. It's tough right now since I will have to sell the house and have to find more low paying work where ever it is I end up. At the end of the day the future is mine I guess. At least March of Dimes and Veterans affairs can't make anymore bad decisions for me.
Just amazing that 2 weeks ago I was lulled into a false sense of security. The GM was still convincing me that I had a job there as Kitchen manager. Although she refused to put it in writing saying, why do we need to do that? The people that live hear all love you, the people that work here love you and you have my support.
I go into an interview last week this guy I have never seen shows up 25 minutes late for the interview and says," Who's this guy?" The GM says, "He's been working here 2 years," and hands the guy a resume. This guy looks at me and flips over the resume and says," I'm not going to waste your time. You don't have what it takes to work here." After 30 years of experience I just know when I look at someone. After staring at me for 30 seconds he says, aren't you going to argue with me?
I just said, No I'm not a child and your mind is made up.
The GM speaks up and says, he's done a lot of good work here he did the spring menu for us and made all the recipes, inventory, sheets, everything.
He says, so; is this guy red seal qualified.
GM, No not yet, but don't we have some program for that?
He Says, this guy can't even keep the job he has when we complete the new building project. Everyone must be red seal now. Look at all the big places, amica, revera, they all need it.
He then says, The company might have a program that some how subsidizes the training.
Well then, I said, I won't waste any ones time here.
He says, No, I already told you we won't waste your time.
I got up and left.
The whole thing showed me he didn't want me in the place at all in any capacity, and to make a point he didn't say he would pay for my training. He said there might be a way to subsidize training. Which isn't a full payment and he never said we'll help this guy in particular.
If they think my having an episode is related to this interview they are right. I lost ELB, a chance at a job that could have supported me and will soon loss my home I'm really stressed out. Not to mention the fact that the kitchen I was working in is a mobile and walking out to it across the gangplanks at 600 am under cover of darkness is too reminiscent of getting breakfast before patrol over seas. Especially with the construction going on, the place looks like a war zone with all the mud and the smell of diesel from heavy equipment in the air. I thought I held it together really well. Moving is going to be the worst part. Every time I move. I have to go through the unfamiliarity of a new place, wake up screaming and kicking every night for a year. Can't drive myself anywhere in a new place. My daughter will lose her friends. Terrible.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:12

Brasidas, all the advice you have received on CSAT during this situation is excellent and sound. I realize that it has been suggested that you put it behind you and move forward, and this again is sound advice, but before you do that it would behoove you take some time for yourself and research your rights from a legal and/or compensation standpoint. Employers have responsibilities and consequences for their actions and there employees actions and it clearly an injustice has occurred. Some suggestions would be to research the following.
Workers Rights in Canada
Workers Rights in Ontario
Employment Standards Canada
Ontario Work Laws
Ontario Human Rights Commission
The Employment Standards Act
New Requirement for Employer Compliance
In closing, as with all advice relating to our DVA and subsequent benefits and/or compensation, my  continued advice is to be educated about your rights and if warranted seek compensation  be it financial or otherwise for your injustice that you have experienced through no fault of your actions. JMO for what it is worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:05

Trooper wrote " One thing is for certain, you will always find support here. " ... and I'll second that.
Don't let the bastard(s) grind you down Brasidas.
BTW, you told them of your medical situation when you were hired? I really applaud you for that.
That's gotta take guts. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:02

Thank you all.

Brasidas
CSAT Member