HRT Claim Audit

Go down

HRT Claim Audit Empty Re: HRT Claim Audit

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 17:39

shut up Davie lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 17:35

Birdlady ...... FYI ......... I've never changed my way of doing things and have been going the paper trail route and submitting individually each and every claim each week with all the receipts and stamped signature blocks from all my appt's. and they still served me for a second round of proof .... go figure .

Like RobbieRoyal said ..... we will all be served and audited , until proven INNOCENT .

We are now ROBOTS to the VAC until we drop dead and get buried ...... then they start PESTERING our Wives & Children .

For Country ?
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... Proof of Innocence , Always & Forever More , till Death due us Part .

This is getting too Heavy ........... Time to Chill for a while !!!
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 17:20

Rex it's my understanding that it is not/not a 3rd party doing the audit's. I sent it to the National Reimbusement centre in PEI. I had a question so I had the NCCN connect me to Blue Cross and the Blue Cross agent always said "we" not "them" about any audit questions I had.

Birdlady the VIP is now a grant system and it is not susceptible to an audit. At the meeting when the VIP grant system was explained a lot of us at the meeting said "What happens to the vet who uses the grant to pay bills? What happens if they are audited and can't produce receipts?" Answer "It's a grant and the vet can do what they want with the money."

Also Blue Cross laid off/fired employees when these new ways of payment came into effect. Remember Blue Cross is a private company so they are in it to make money.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3367
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 16:19

If you think about it, in reducing the red tape administratively for benefits be it HRT and/or VIP benefits, that by virtue freed up staff to do these audits for said benefits. I am sure that was in the decision making equation to commence forensic accounting audits of clients and their benefits claimed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 16:15

I don't see the logic  for anyone fudging the paperwork. If we have learned one thing since being released is that along with due diligence on our part to advocate for ourselves, we must also be honest with our benefactors because the truth always comes out.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 16:02

The easier they make it, the more tempting it may be to fudge some numbers, especially if hurting for cash at the time. The big problem is, they made these changes to reduce red tape, but all they've done is increased the red tape with these audits, and they likely come at a significant cost, if using a third party auditor.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4009
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 15:47

Agreed, no biggie just another day in the life of a Veteran. I guess  since VAC no longer requires veterans to submit signed travel claims they have to check up on us this way. I may go back to the paper route versus the secure web so I get my doc to stamp it then I know I wont get audited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 15:17

Confirmation on the HRT .........

About a month ago , sent in all the necessary paperwork & receipts , they,re just making sure we're all playing by the rules , no biggie .

But if you all recall about 3 months ago 2 servicemen got charged for FRAUD , because they were claiming for trips they did not take .

...... Seek help for peace of mind ...............

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7.......get er' done
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:51

ha got one two and so did every vet I know Teen not random at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:02

I've never kept track of the rates as they are always changing.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:01

Thanks Teen. Is there a link for meal allowance rates? TYIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:59

If you park at a meter you state in your HRT claim that it was metered parking.

As for meal receipts it's automatic depending on the time of your appts. No receipt required as meal allowances are a set amount.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:37

Audit frenzy it seems for Veterans whether CRA or Blue Cross now.
I wondered about this recently Teen. What happens when you use a parking meter where they don't give receipts? Do you need receipts for a meal claimed for example food from Tim Horton's. TYIA

Back to top Go down

HRT Claim Audit Empty HRT Claim Audit

Post by Teentitan on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:28

If you submit your HRT Claim (Health Related Travel Claim) via My VAC Account make sure you keep the following for a calendar year:

- parking fee receipts
- stamped claim or doctor office card with date of appointment

I got a letter from Blue Cross that I had been randomly picked for a HRT Claim audit. If I did not comply to the audit then I would be subject to doing HRT Claims the old way...mail stamped claims and receipts into the Reimbursement Centre in PEI.

I gathered all the paperwork for the requested dates, with a copy of the letter sent to me and sent it in. Make sure you staple all the paperwork together (or put your VAC number on each piece of paperwork) and keep a copy for your own records.

Just a friendly reminder for everyone to keep your HRT claims.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down