Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE - QUESTION

+2
bigrex
cosmo12
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE - QUESTION - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE - QUESTION

Post by rigger/fitter Mon 16 Feb 2015, 15:33

thanks for the quick reply trooper

that the exact info i gave my vet buddies out east.i am in sask,i will ask them to get that in writing from vac(for denial of AA benifit) and see what happens from there.

will update as new info comes in

rigger/fitter
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-02

Back to top Go down

ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE - QUESTION - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE - QUESTION

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 15:07

rigger,

Never heard of such a thing - does not make any sense to me.

Just to show here is the latest requirements for Attendance Allowance;

Entitlement

Definitions:

For the purposes of Attendance Allowance eligibility:

"awarded a pension or compensation" is defined as in receipt of a Disability Pension of 1% or more or Prisoner of War compensation.

"totally disabled by reason of military service or not" is defined as an applicant who meets the definition of "totally disabled" in accordance with Table 1 of this policy.

"in need of attendance" is defined as the need for assistance or supervision of another individual with feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, mobility or medication administration, that is not already being met by benefits, services or care provided to the client by VAC pursuant to veterans' legislation or any other program, including but not limited to federal, provincial, municipal or community programs, whereby the benefits services or care is provided at no expense to the client.

As you can see no mention in there about receiving to much money to be eligible for the allowance.

Perhaps those who have insight into the NVC could add something on this as I am not involved in the NVC -nevertheless as it stands with the above info, that is the latest info I could find on this - I highly doubt that would be amended to include what you have been told by the two individuals - however, I guess anything is possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by rigger/fitter Mon 16 Feb 2015, 14:17

there is something i need to ask this fine group regarding Atten Allowance .
IN the past week i have talked to 2 vets ,one in N.S,and ON and both were told that they receive too much money to be eligible for the allowance.?

is this a new?

rigger/fitter
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 09:40

Thanks Bigrex for your insight. My CM will get back to me this week I will keep you Posted

cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 08 Nov 2014, 12:25

Attendance allowance and the level granted can be decided completely by your CM. I know for a fact, since my current CM approved me for attendance allowance upon her first home visit, and then later increased it, after having emergency back surgery. There was no having to submit an application to PEI, or even her making recommendations to some bean counter. She said yes, and it happened, because honestly, I didn't even know about the attendance allowance, or that benefits from the PA could still be granted to those getting a PA pension.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 10:19

Do agree with you propat, my CM was surprised, stunt that I was asking this allowance. Her knowledge of it was that was only for WWII veteran and old age people that did not have VIP.

She was nice and say that she will look in to it and if I am entitled she will send me the form. What make me sad about all this is that we have to find out by ourself and we read the policy and we feel that we qualifie and when we come foward their is a sense of begging and the contrary we deserve it for the sacrefice we did. Especially a couple weeks before Remembrance day. What can we do - I am not alone in this boat!!!

Thanks for being there guys.

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 21:00

sad to say but trooper has a point .

yup by the act YOU ARE ENTITLED !!!!

but like so many things it all hinges on your CM .

you should never get or be denied a benefit because of your CM but you should get it or be denied by the legislation according to the FACTS .

however that is not the world we live in welllll I sudjest you kiss ass .

best of luck my friend.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 18:33

Thanks Propat and Trooper!!

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 16:42

cosmo,

The way it use to work is as follows;

Contact your CM and ask him or her to make and appointment for them to come to your home for and attendance allowance evaluation.

When your CM arrives to your home, they will have all the paper work which will include questions for you to answer, if your CM is on the ball, he or she will ask the questions from the paper work in hand, and fill them out one by one.
You will be surprised at what you may be entitled to.
Your CM will mark and or grade each answer given to them by you.
Your CM will then make recommendations for what they see fits into each category.
It will then be sent out for final approval.
For the most part, your approval is based on the recommendation of your CM.

I think it is safe to say that your chances of success depends on if your CM is on the ball.

It may work a bit different today, don't really know.

Best of luck to you if you do choose to apply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 16:16

YES !!!!!

and

YES!!!!!

this is why they say their is no such thing as a stupid question!

because people like us keep getting stupid fracking answers !!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE - QUESTION - Page 2 Empty ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE - QUESTION

Post by cosmo12 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 14:22

Good afternoon guys;

question for you just got off the phone with my CM regarding an application for attendance allowance and if I am eligible for it.

My situation: I am a pension act and I am tottaly disabled and need attendance for only one thing: medication administration.  My CM told me that I need to have a need for all criterias (dressing, bathing, toileting, mobility and medication administration) in order to get Attendance allowance.  

I went over the policy again and it states and I quote: «iii.In cases where a client demonstrates a degree of attendance in only one element of Table 4, i.e. feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, mobility or medication administration, and no need of attendance in any of the remaining five elements, a grade 5 attendance allowance should be awarded.»

and plus: 12.The amount of an attendance allowance paid to a pensioner who is not hospitalized is determined strictly by the degree of the need for attendance. The amount actually paid out by the member or Veteran for the attendance is not a consideration

My CM will check on this and come back to me with an answer, What do you think ? Am I entitled ? and if my pharmacy does not charge me a thing to make dosette, Am I still entitled ?

Thanks

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2