Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auditor General's Report

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Auditor General's Report - Page 2 Empty Re: Auditor General's Report

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 14:42

lmao @ pinger .

you rock

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 02 Dec 2014, 14:35

Well it seems Fantino doesn't have enough of a crutch in Gen. Nat., now he has second one, Stephen Lecce.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/12/01/stephen_harper_aide_takes_over_as_chief_of_staff_to_veterans_minister_julian_fantino.html

That ain't damage control, it's a freaking puppet show in the infirmary. Hell, why bother going to the circus anymore? pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:16

Well that makes sense, since we all know where they get their marching orders from, in other words, even if they wanted to make a difference, any changes will have to be approved from the very top, and we all know where that individual stands.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Tue 02 Dec 2014, 01:28

Yup, he will be just like the others, I remember when Vice Admiral Murray had the job, I knew Murray well and had a great deal of respect for what he did while serving, however with VAC is was just like the rest, a real disappointment.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 01 Dec 2014, 20:28

I wonder if General Walter will make a difference as Fantino's 2i/c. I think it's more smoke and mirrors and he'll drink the kool-aid like the rest of them.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 19:47

pinger,

I agree of what you speak.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place, ABC but what does the others have to offer.
So far I heard that Trudeau is going to re open all the VAC offices that were closed, I say put that on paper.

Does anyone here know where all this so called money that the government claims to have slated in the past budgets for Veterans ?
They claim to have increased the past budgets, they closed DVA offices, cut staff, where is all of these funds going ?
Something is wrong with this picture, my head is shaking trying to understand what is going on here.
I am starting to think that this government has completely lost it, with respect to dealing with the veterans file.
Now Fantino is saying all the funds will be available within the 5/6 years.
Damage control after damage control.
Do yourself a favor, toss Fantino ASAP !

Put a Veteran into that portfolio !!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 01 Dec 2014, 18:43

Dereliction of duty? Just throw him out. I still have a wager somewhere he'd be gone by years end. But that's not the end to it. ABC, o.k. but how accountable is XYZ, the lesser of political party evils? Hold any of them to task, and encourage folks to simply vote to begin with methinks

The grass might not be greener on the other side, but it sure has been really... poopie on our side lately. pinger
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 15:44

Today, in the house of commons NDP leader Tom Mulcair has asked for the resignation of Fantino !

The NDP has accused Fantino of dereliction of duty !

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:36

Close but no cigar Pinger. What a bad time to get a penalty. At the link is an article about our elusive minister. Trip to Italy for 70th anniversary of liberation more like a free trip home on our dime.

http://www.canada.com/News/canada/From+political+problem+Julian+Fantino+rocky+tenure+Veterans/10427762/story.html

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 30 Nov 2014, 15:17

Who is advising the goc on these matters? Hmm... try some gov't lackey's with a short leash.
Their expendable after some internal pissy fit debacle aren't they? Yank, yank. Think... cut throat self serving motives.
I wonder who in blazes is in that think tank.
Kinda reminds me of Gen. Nat being appointed the asst. VA minister. No hear'em speak'em...
Time will tell. I do not know too much about him but hope he doesn't go like Pat Strogan.
Perhaps if he does, it will show seriousness and guts. Who knows...

But I must digress. You see folks, It is a very holy day to me.
In my Canadian religion it is the utmost humblest of Holy Day's...

It's  GREY CUP FRACKING SUNDAY !!! Go cats. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Sun 30 Nov 2014, 10:26

Navrat wrote:Your right! And this 50 year time period for this money for mental health to be provided has to be the biggest joke of all time. I can't for the life of me figure out who is advising the government on this matters
The advisers are the bureaucrats that make big bonuses when they "save money" for the GOC.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 14:39

Your right! And this 50 year time period for this money for mental health to be provided has to be the biggest joke of all time. I can't for the life of me figure out who is advising the government on this matters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 14:02

Well we are being screwed over again.

I am happy to see Veterans groups, the media, and the opposition parties bringing another one of those so called announcements from the government to light, with respect to how the government is again trying very hard to make it sound like they are actually doing something proactive, and immediate to address Veterans issues.
From what I have seen as of late in the media surrounding how the government is treating Veterans in this Country, it's no wonder Fantino was not around to publicly address these issues.
Now he is back in town, and the PM is off abroad again.
They better come out with something better before the next election for things to quiet down a bit.
When Fantino was in Italy he was asked to respond to the AG report, this is what Fantino said; I happy to hear that the AG's report states that Veterans are receiving benefits in a timely fashion.
This guy has got to go, and it's sure is looking more and more like this present government has got to go.
It is becoming clear that this government has no intentions to listen and act on what Veterans are saying.
However, they are very good at making it look like their listening, even that now is not working out for them.

The ABC theory, is looking better by the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Nov 2014, 19:08

yes buds that's right and the remainder of that money may never get spent at all and it is highly likely all some of it will never get spent as it seems moast or all of that money is CONDITIONAL.

know your ABC s boys.

anyone but conservative .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Nov 2014, 18:45

propat,

I to have just learned of this.

13.9 million for the first five to six years, and this is only for facilities.

The remaining of the 200 million will be spent over the next 50 years.

I am totally lost for words on this right now !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next