Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auditor General's Report

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Auditor General's Report - Page 3 Empty Re: Auditor General's Report

Post by Guest Fri 28 Nov 2014, 18:01

WOW that was fast. it seems that money will not be spent over the next 5-6 years. the rest seems to be conditional and IF spent at all it seems will be spent over the next 50 years.

so when the cameras are off and you turn to leave they even steel back that shiny new penny .

now to the weather; it was so cold in Ottawa last night Stephen harper had his hands in his own pockets . NOW THATS FRACKIN COLD!!!!

wholly bait and switch batman!!!

what a crock of crap!!

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 21:59

quietly steel a dollar from your pocket . then In full public view shake your hand ( smile for the camera now ) and hand you a brand new shiny penny " ok not so new ". there you go son 4 more of those and ya really got something there.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 14:56

Where do I start, the 200 million is a welcome project without a doubt, any new funds provided to address mental health is a good thing.
Yes it's a little late, better late than never.
Regardless of the timing and or motive of this, I think it's important to look at it as a positive step.

My thoughts on the 1.1 billion of unspent funds since 2006 is still of a concern to me.
Sure as they first reported it goes back to the GOV pot, as do other departments, however, why the closing of DVA offices during this time ?
Why the constant fight between the GOV and Veterans during this time ?

After it was reported that the funds were to be put back in the government pot, Fantino later said that every dollar would be put back into the DVA pot, not the overall government pot.

So what has transpired here ?

Well I think that the government is now feeling the pressure here, Veterans are not just another department, and I think the public is now finding out just how things are today for us.We are forced to fight the NVC in court, we now have a service Canada agent answer our calls, instead of a DVA employee, the red tape and long waits for disability benefits, and mental health issues are top of the list of what Veterans have been saying all along.

I will say what I have said before, things would be so much better, if the government would just listen to what we are saying, top issues as stated above, as long as there are Veterans, the acting government has to acknowledge that Veterans will not stand by, while the system is in need of repair.

I am sure some will have different points of view, and different top issues that they feel should be a priority, that's all good. Another thing that I have a hard time with, is the fact that some have reported that it is only a minority of Veterans who feel this way, I would put it this way, it maybe true that it is the minority who are speaking out publicly, but I am sure it is not a minority who feel this way.

Back to top Go down

Auditor General's Report - Page 3 Empty Auditor General's Report

Post by prawnstar Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:43

What are your thoughts on yesterday's report? I think it will be ignored as it has in the past. Sure they threw 200 mil at VAC two days before the report was released but that amount over six years???? Nothing says they will do it either. It's like saying "trust me I am your government" . Maybe they'll come up with another stupid TV commercial.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3