Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you move on?

+2
Teentitan
bigrex
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How do you move on? Empty Re: How do you move on?

Post by johnny211 Sat 11 Apr 2015, 19:42

wildthing - very good points. Due to my head space and timing for the past few years I have now come to the point of accepting that I cannot do the things I used to. I am sure like alot of you, it is frustrating. When we think what happened to us, the very fit soldier, who could do anything. I still get mad at this ptsd, and other injuries of mine. Concentration and my memory sucks, but life goes on. I accept it and live life as full as I can now. VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 16:39

Acceptance of ones self and disabilitys is the first thing i realized i must do, not to dwell on how or why that this is. just accept the way it is, you cant turn back time you cant do the things you used to enjoy, reinvent ones self is the key to moving forward thats just the way it has to be to start living again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 10:19

Here is a question another vet asked me five years ago when things were going bad with my wife , he said George would you live whit yourself? Had no imidiet anwers!!! But I'l let you guess what to answers was! You see we need to come back home, 100% or close to it before we can reallly start to understand ourself, forget understanding every thing around ourselve. Sure the world looks like it wants to drive us in the ground, and to a certain extent we are right, this place, the law suits, the red tape and hundred of other facctors around our lives. But many of us have understud that working together is great, not only to help us get our due but alsow for letting out our frustration and get really good advice on every situation that may come up. We all have the right to feel personnally attacked or stigmatisized by the system but in reallity it is a very mush bigger problem. Well that is it for now but are you living whit yourself or do you simplie endure yourself from day to day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 09:17

I use to know the man how started the thing but now I am of the map. Wild thing, when you no longer have to go back on your steps to apologise for all sort of reason then I will agree you are tolorant, going back and apologising is a very good sign that you are coming back very well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 15:00

PM Johnny 211 he seems to have pretty good knowledge of OSSIS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 10 Apr 2015, 11:49

I have a question but first I want to thank all of you guys. By just posting comments about your day or what gets you by is very brave and at the same time unselfish. You guys are showing life does go on and I applaud and appreciated you all.

Someone mentioned OSSIS and I was wondering if they saw any dependants or spouses there for meetings?

I'm on a bit of a crusads to get and spread the word about OSSIS because if it wasn't for my girlfriend who wanted to become my finacee then my wife I am one of the most luckiest guys in the world. But I don't want to have this woman to lose it. And I'm pretty sure you guys don't want to lose your special woman either.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 17:24

I agree with all that has been said here, seeking help when help is needed is key, this can be difficult for many especially when one is down and out, it is true that professional help is where one should be heading in dealing with any problems they maybe having, but I think it's equally true that reaching out to fellow Veterans can be helpful as well.

We here are for the most part on the same page when it comes to problems we face on a daily basis, we may not be professionals in the theatre of things, but we are similar in many ways that in turn can effectively result in one - or some helping another in supporting or guiding that person into a better way.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 16:14

pinger and wildthing - Garfield and coffee make my day. I hear you two. 2 years ago now a coworker who is also a Vet with tours, looked at me, handed me a card and said here call this number. He said he could see it in my eyes, as I can now see it in the eyes of a Vet suffering with PTSD. It was a card for the OSSIS gp. Best thing I did in life. It is awesome to be with brothers who know what your talking about when you say you had a shit day or night..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 15:22

Im sort of fond of Navs sense of humour maybe he will show up again soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 09 Apr 2015, 14:53

Georges and Wildthing, good to hear some guts.

But on your 12:21 post you forgot something Wildthing. 

Humour. Valid even before Bob Hope's USO's.

Daffy Duck cartoons usually pick me up, but to each their own flavour.

Certifiably yours. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 14:04

Yes that sounds very familiar- I am sure i have turned a corner since then it might have taken that incident to snap me out of it i have been practicing what i mentioned above things are better at home and i have a better feeling about myself and i am more tolerant toward others i pm rags and apologized. i wish this would of happend 20 years ago. now im ready to reason with va on my remaining injurys i could not appeal some years ago do to my anger and i owe it all to the men and women on this forum. I am 6/3 240lbs i am not a tough soldier any more and i am damn proud to admit it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:23

I get what you say Wild thing, Actually I see PTSD as some one loosing a hand or eye. It will never grow back!! But as if you loose something it is important to find ways to live whit the handicap. The biggers problem whit PTSD is you can not see it, and others can not see it, in that maner the way we act or live disturbs them. In the past I have been looked up for threats to vac, gave a lot of them hell and insulted every body that seemed to piss me off ( sound familiar?) I was so always pissed off that I became pissed off because I was always pissed off!!! VAC people helped me a lot being patient whit me and gave me access to a lot of re-training, access to spy ect...
But before anybody outside from vet's will want to help you they need to be sure you are ready to get this help. PTSD we not go away, as me you will never be what you where before but just try being what you are today and that will start your process of ADAPTING. What to say to the spy, I use he to dump all of my frustrations, we analyse the point and determin if I view is right, or rong. The major problem whit PTSD is that we have very little paciense for humain stupiditises. Go for it and MP me any time, talking is the secret to this shitty situation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:29

Georges-Thanks buddy will take you up on that in the future. have to try my own medicine for a while first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:21

I think i have figured out this injury they call PTSD and what causes it and how to heal from it i have never seen a shrink so i dont know what they say but here it goes.why soldiers suffer from this injury more than any other profession. 1 VERBAL ABUSE....2 PHYSICAL ABUSE...3 VISUAL ABUSE... It is what we endure from the day we join we all suffer from it to some degree combat troops have it thrust in their faces rapidly the rest of us it builds up over time.Suffering from injurys compounds the problem here are my personal symtems anger,rage,ignorance,lack of caring,lack of understanding,hibernating into my own little world short lived enjoyment and of coarse self pity. this is not the individuals fault it is the way we were trained the way we lived the way we were treated and the way we were released, the way we were forgotten by sisip and va. VPV as i now like to call it is an injury and should be noted as an ocupational injury as it is not the individuals fault and not a sign of weakness what so ever. here is my thoughts on how to defeat this injury that has been programed into us. we have to show compassion and understanding to every one love your family do things even though it is painfull and anoying next time you go in front of a va ajudicator be respectful and polite it might scare the hell out of them and get you what you deserve. the only way i see to defeat this injury is to deprogram our selves this forum has brought me to this conclusion it will take alot of sacrifice and time but i think it may work. stay positive not negative and it may just work. time will tell. No i am not religous it is just the only way i see to get rid of this injury. hope this helps. Love and good luck to all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 09:04

Well wild thing if you PM me I will give you me home phone number and then we can talk any time you feel you need to. You can alsow pm me then we could talk stupid together, I'm good at it and yes you may have a little steam to blow yourself. I do the steam blowing thing once every two weeks and trust me if really helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next