Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help reference inerest charged.

Go down

Need help reference inerest charged. Empty Re: Need help reference inerest charged.

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 16:03

thank you all

Back to top Go down

Need help reference inerest charged. Empty Re: Need help reference inerest charged.

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 22:31

bobm no easy answer been through this and the answer lies in the amount of interest ore deemed tax you have paid .

if you compare the 3.27% you were given to that interest and the interest you were charged outweighs the 3.27 % by a substantial amount you can ask for relief under the fairness provision and once you get denied ask for a judicial review ,

HINT ; the judicial review argument should be framed as to of all the three extra amounts paid to the CRA under the ITA interest , penalties or deemed tax/notional interest . why is the deemed tax/ notional interest the only one excluded under the fairness provision and does this satisfy the intent of the fairness provision .

its easier than it seems and probably would be successful IMO .

id throw in a request for tax relief just in case someone challenges it in the future and wins. keep the rejection letter.

as far as the judicial review is concerned if your deemed tax doesn't substantially outweigh the 3.27% the judiciary will not even look at your case TRUST ME .

FRACKERS

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 20:34

did pay income tax on this 2% extra plus laywer's fee

thank you very much

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 16 Dec 2014, 19:20

Sorry bobm but the answer is no. In the settlement we were given an extra 2% or so to offset the interest we were going to be charged by the fed's and quebec.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Need help reference inerest charged. Empty Need help reference inerest charged.

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 18:46

I had retro for 10 years period. Send the T1198 everything is ok but I found out that I paid interest on quebec and federal.Is there a way to NOT pay interest
thankyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down