Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by Teentitan Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:39

Rex this example was given last year at this time at a Stakeholder Meeting in PEI and the answer was plain and simple...Call your CM and ask for an inhouse consultation to be re-evaluated for VIP.

While you have your CM on the phone tell her about your groundskeeping. I'm pretty sure that having a 14 year old son doing it you should be getting it as you could call his services room and board.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Nov 2013, 22:18

I was actually talking with the manager for the housekeeping company, who've been dealing directly with VAC for years, and were proactive when the change was announced. The reduction is because VAC uses national or regional averages for specific services when calculating the deposit. So if the average rate is several dollars less than what your service provider charges, as in my case, then the Veteran loses out. After all, the companies aren't going to charge you less. So now, I have to figure out, how many 3hr shifts I can afford with the reduced amount for the next 6 months.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 21:04

Anyone who thinks Vac cares about the veteran is delusional , sorry, they only care about money! And not giving it! I believe Vac , once the ww2 and korean guys go, look out, VIP will be a thing of the past and vac will be turned into a CPPD sort of benefit , it's already being moved to service Canada!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 20:37

bigrex, I know in my case, the deposits did not jive with last years TOTAL housekeeping amounts and when I contacted DVA about the difference they advised that because the allowance was set prior to all VIP housekeeping receipts being submitted last year when they were doing the calculations, that some deposits would be higher as opposed to other. If that makes any sense.  I hope in your case it is an example of them giving you more on the end deposit and not a reduction in the yearly amount. I would assume they would have to give you a written explanation for such a reduction as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Nov 2013, 20:15

Sailor, I'm pretty sure there is a once per year allowance for gutters, but you should call VAC to make sure. I'm also not sure how these types of things will be handled with the new VIP deposits. Will they still reimburse for things like rain gutters, window cleaning and chimney sweeping like they used to, as they are paid out, or do we lose those entitlements. I know I lost my ground maintenance money, because I have a 14 year old son who mows the lawn and shovels the driveway, so I didn't submit any receipts. So when they deposited the first installment 3 days ago, there was no money for lawn care. Also, my housekeeping entitlement dropped by over $1000 per year, so now I have to either cut back on my service, or go out of pocket.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 07:44

Would someone be able to tell me if in the spectrum of VIP, is getting the gutters cleaned considered part of VIP at one time. I thought I read it somewhere one time and wish i could have the read on this.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:15

I remember seeing somewhere either from Justice Barnes decision or M.C. notes that pain and suffering awards were not considered income under current federal law but I am having trouble locating the information. Wondering if someone knows where it is and if so can you send me the link to its location.Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 04 Dec 2008, 04:31

the gist of Supremes argument isn't so much about VAC as it is about superannuation and SISIP, since his file didn't get properly flagged as a 3b release, they released him just short of his 10 year mark, thus no pension, where as a member being medically released might have been afforded those few extra months to get him over the 10. He was also not given SISIP LTD for those 24 months, and even if he had known to apply, without the proper release note on his release message, he would have been denied anyways. He may be in for a struggle for the pension but I'd say the money lost in LTD payments should be a no brainer.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Dec 2008, 02:01

Give me a break...If you want a pension from VAC you have to apply for it...nobody will do it for you because it is your responibility to ensure any claims are followed up.
Just apply to VAC with all of your evidence and they will decide your fate.

I am sorry but they are responsible for forwarding medical documents and flag release items, if so be it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Dec 2008, 01:30

it is the members resomsibliy to inform Dmed Pol of any claims of pension. Nowhere in the books does it say that a file MUST be forwarded.
Thats all part of the problem, when someone is suffereing from PTSd is expected to report that they've lost their mind....how many people do you know that would lower themselves enough to make any claim...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2008, 14:54

madjane2 wrote:Regulations under the old CFSA act are as follows:
(This is for both 3A and 3 B releases)

Less than 10 Years , the greater of a return of contributions or CTA
More than 10 years immediate unreduced annuity (Indexed)

If you need any more info contact me I do not start my VOC Rehab for a couple of weeks and as a clerk I should be able to find the info you need.

Madjane2

This is for missed medical pension that I would have recieved if they processed my Med docs properly, is what I am talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 21 Nov 2008, 14:10

Did you speak to the DND pension offices?

Have you talked to your local VAC Area Councillor (although usually they are not much help, but you have to jump through all the loops...Heh, you might get lucky.)?

You might have to start a new claim based on your payout number. You will have to provide evidence that your file wnet astray, or more apt, didn't go anywhere when it should have been forwarded on. Everyone involved get their written, signed and dated statement.

Talk to an Advocate from DBA (should be a contact no for an Advocate at your nearest VAC office) to gather legal advise and what else is required.

Send a copy of your complaint-claim to the Vet Ombudsman, and the CF Ombudsman (whenever a new one is appointed).

Do these and then get back to me. Remember record who you talked to and DTG and what was said. Sounds like a pain? It is! However, this is the only way to fight city hall. You have to try and play their game, and when they refuse to play ball, you then have everything attempted and recorded for you lawyer to handle. Yup, you might need a lawyer. I got a couple of very good ones (former military AJAG), but we will deal with that if need be.

Be prepared for a long drawn out battle. Persistance is the key factor. You can contact me at anytime through publisher@veteranvoice.info or 403.278.6890 while I am in Alberta (I spend 6 mos in Texas and will supply that contact no via email.if you want it).

CJ
Admin
Admin
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2008, 10:30

Regulations under the old CFSA act are as follows:
(This is for both 3A and 3 B releases)

Less than 10 Years , the greater of a return of contributions or CTA
More than 10 years immediate unreduced annuity (Indexed)

Last edited by madjane2 on Fri 21 Nov 2008, 15:16; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Ommitted pertinant info..)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2008, 10:37

I contacted them and they told me that because I had under ten years I am not entitled to anything...I tried to explain to this chimp on the phone that I was not released 4c I was 3b. So who is responsible for someone that was supposed to be medically pensioned and it was screwed up. No one like to take the ball. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Nov 2008, 13:37

Ottawa!

Try 18002670350 or 6139529933. These are older phone no so I don't know if they are still correct. Failing these try the Master Locator no at 613-992-5618.

CJ
Admin
Admin
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next