Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to Parliament several prickly issues face federal parties

Go down

Back to Parliament several prickly issues face federal parties Empty Re: Back to Parliament several prickly issues face federal parties

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 17:38

Parliament returns: Tories bracing for grilling on oil price plunge, sputtering economy.

OTTAWA -- Move over Mike Duffy and Julian Fantino.

The stars of past parliamentary theatre will be supporting players on Monday as MPs return to the House of Commons and the economy takes centre stage.

The Senate expenses scandal and the government's treatment of armed forces veterans will continue to be fodder for opposition outrage and government discomfort. But with an election on the horizon within nine months, expect MPs to train their sites primarily on the uncertain economy -- the one issue most likely to move votes.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/parliament-returns-tories-bracing-for-grilling-on-oil-price-plunge-sputtering-economy-1.2204985#ixzz3PsMDtj6R

Back to top Go down

Back to Parliament several prickly issues face federal parties Empty Re: Back to Parliament several prickly issues face federal parties

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 19:58

the way an mva thinks and feels doesn't matter to me a whole lot.

RESULTS MATTER that's it that's all .

if the MVA hated vets and showed it yet the GOC ended the buyout . THEY WOULD HAVE MY VOTE!!!!!

if the MVA loved vets and showed it but the GOC did nothing for vets but make thing worse . THEY DO NOT GET MY VOTE.

show me the results not the political BS.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by meathead Fri 23 Jan 2015, 19:14

Political talk does not matter which party is running the house the only way things will change is if the ass@oles on the hill were also subjected to the NVC as there only source on income period...

meathead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 18:14

propat,

That may very well be true - but what I have read today in Mr. O'Toole"s speech, shows me a different approach in how our MVA thinks, and feels towards Veterans.

I did not see that in our past MVA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 18:03

o'tool /fantino just a sideshow as with every other issue in every other election it will be the same as with vets issues .

their target will be a big one but it will not be one of the puppets but in fact the puppeteer .

propat

Back to top Go down

Back to Parliament several prickly issues face federal parties Empty Back to Parliament several prickly issues face federal parties

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 14:05

The veterans file

In early January, Harper shuffled the less-than-successful Julian Fantino out of Veterans Affairs and named rising star Erin O’Toole as minister.

One of O’Toole’s first big tests could come Jan. 30, when the government is expected to respond to recommendations that the House of Commons Veterans Affairs committee issued last June, dealing with improvements to the controversial New Veterans Charter, including increasing the disability award provided to veterans and improving how injured soldiers are handled by the bureaucracy.

Many wonder if the Tory government will introduce new funding for veterans in the federal budget, then turn to O’Toole to try to sell it to Canada’s former soldiers and military personnel.

The problem for the Conservatives: Where to start? The government closed Veterans Affairs offices, the minister got huffy with veterans, the department failed to spend more than $1 billion over several years. The file, which should have been a no-brainer for the government, has been a political headache.

The problem for the NDP and the Liberals: With Fantino out and the affable O’Toole in, the opposition may not have such a big target to aim at.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/back-to-parliament-several-prickly-issues-face-federal-parties

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down