Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

illness on release

Go down

illness on release Empty Re: illness on release

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 19:06

I have been in contact with VAC for the last ten years and have applied many times for a pension but continuously get denied. Everytime I ask them about the cancer release question, someone is supposed to get back to me and never does or they say well lets try putting in a pension request for this or for that. No one ever answers me. Is there somewhere I could look that states the conditions of a medical release. Does anyone know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Feb 2015, 15:23

Have you ever had contact with VAC and applied? If not I suggest you call 1-866-522-2122 and ask for the paperwork/application for you to fill out.

The research on causes of cancer is always finding the 'how'. For example my friend developed bladder cancer and we found out prolonged exposure to diesel exhaust fumes can/will cause bladder cancer. His application was successful.

So start with that.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 14:43

I am sorry for your health concerns eyezah. I am sure someone can assist with your question. Take care.

Back to top Go down

illness on release Empty illness on release

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 13:30

hello everyone, I'm brand new to this. Don't know if this is where I ask the question but here goes. I served 18 years in the CAF and was released in 2001 with a medical release for fibromayalgia. At this time I had full blown cancer and they knew it although never documented it but released me anyways. I was always under the impression that the military could not release you if you were that sick. Even my dr. on my release medical who was ex military said they shouldn't do it and asked me if she wanted her to contact them and ask and supposedly she did and then told me that they said it was too close to release date to stop now. So for years I have been asking this question and sending emails that never get answered and no one ever answers the question. I would really like to know as I sit here battling cancer for yet a 3rd time now still with no pension. if anyone has an answer, that would be great
thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down