Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIA and Reassesment Wait Times

5 posters

Go down

PIA and Reassesment Wait Times Empty Re: PIA and Reassesment Wait Times

Post by pinger Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:25

Sorry to hear you got denied Johnny. I would appeal their decision with your reassessment they did not get PLUS, anything else to support your case. You still have an appeal window timeframe (60 days?).
When my pia was denied last year, I took it in stride. Could have appealed, but will reapply with more reports.
They want paperwork?  Well I'll send them a freaking tree!!!
In case you haven't read it here is the policy document... http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/1092#anchor39397
The circus continues... pinger.

Last edited by pinger on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 19:31

Oh the wisdom of DVA. Yesterday I recieved my decline letter for my PIA.. Reason given after 13 weeks, "they don't have a recent assessment of my condition". 2 weeks ago, I called and told them that my reassessment would be there,(last week) and they should wait as I know it will help my PIA file. They said no we dont need it? Now they want it,,lol. This is 2 sections in DVA not talking to each other. Oh I will play the game once again, and send for a review and attach my reassessment to it. What a waste of time,, VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 17:35

I've been through this , but with EIA & the Auditor being involved was the answer I got as well before getting the Approval Letter , Good luck johnny .

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7.......get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 18 Feb 2015, 17:18

The person you were talking to may not have had access to content of the letter. Limiting access may have been a result of the rampant privacy breaches that have happened withing VAC, and they may have decided that front line workers answering the phones, only require access to tracking information. ie: when an application is sent to Charlottetown, etc. But the fact that it went to an auditor, would indicate to me that it was approved, since they have to assure that the amount sent was properly taxed, including back pay. A flat out denial; wouldn't require an auditor to look at the file. But I would still wait for the letter before celebrating, or spending the money.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 14:05

that's normal buds it is unlikely anyone will tell you anything before you get your letter exept for your CM .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 18 Feb 2015, 13:13

This is a ? for anyone. Sometimes , no - alot of the time I ? the bull of DVA, like you all. I just called the 1866 # to check on my PIA. The lady on the line said I cannot tell you if it was approved, but can tell you that it went from the adjudicator to the auditor for them to check it over, prior to mailing the letter. I asked a few times if it got approved or denied, and she would not tell me. WTF, does that not sound stupid , or is it my ptsd playing with me again,,. So what does that sound like to you? tks comrades for the reply,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 12 Feb 2015, 16:13

thanks guys. Cosmo,and pinger wow that is quite a record time. Maybe they have an influx of them now, who knows.. ah whats another month..lol.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 12 Feb 2015, 14:25

Johnny,

My first pia app last year took roughly 3 - 4 weeks. That's from submitting the forms, to a mailbox decision. Don't understand your 12 weeks of waiting unless that reassessment was for something outside of your pia? And everything takes 16 weeks... shyte. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Thu 12 Feb 2015, 13:47

After they received all paperwoks Bigrex

C.

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:39

cosmo, was that 3 weeks before getting the paperwork, or 3 weeks for a decision after everything went to Charlottetown?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:14

For me 3 weeks for reassessment (last year) and about the same for my PIA was quite fast, my CM was stunted. Hope this help

C.

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 11 Feb 2015, 19:19

The 3-4 week time frame might because they have received such scathing criticism over their handling of mental health cases, and are expediting those files. I asked for a reassessment for my back in the fall, and only received the medical questionnaire, for my Dr to complete, last week. I was told that once they receive all the necessary paperwork, a reassessment takes as long as new applications, which is 16 weeks from the time everything is sent to PEI.

Before the Tories took over, VAC could be notified of a possible claim, gather paperwork, review your entire file and med docs, and make a decision within six months of your first contact. Now because the Tories removed the time it takes to gather information and supporting documents from the service standards, in an attempt to make it look like wait times are reduced, the effect was the exact opposite in reality. Decisions are now often rendered well beyond six months. I had one claim that took over 9 months, and it finally took a call from Peter Stoffer, before they actually mada a decision. This systemic problem would have been evident in the OVO report, had he not focused just on those cases involving mental health and PTSD claims.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

PIA and Reassesment Wait Times Empty PIA and Reassesment Wait Times

Post by johnny211 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:41

For those who have applied for PIA, I was wondering how much your wait time was. I am now on week 12, and it is still at the adjucator. Not sure if
this is the norm? I also have a reassessment that was put in this week for my ptsd. I was told around 3-4 weeks on this one. Does that sound right? I know every sit
is different, but just looking for an answer from anyone who has done these two recently. Tks comrades..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down