Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks

+2
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks Empty Re: Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks

Post by Dannypaj Sat 14 Mar 2015, 09:58

SOULTION= DND which hold the authority to deem a member unsuitable for service due to their medical condition releases member? Member upon medical release will never fall below their earning capacity and will be given tools to return to a career that is considered gainful employment (time off, pension plan,  medical coverage, and financial security.)  That would be a great solution.  Or like me, I am stuck in over my head with all of this VAC stuff, I would love someone with some sort of pull that works for the department to send me an official letter stating we have your six for life and your family also.  

·         The EL Benefit is a taxable monthly benefit that ensures Veterans’ total income will be at least 75% of their pre-release military salary while they are participating in rehabilitation or unable to be suitably employed.

This is not good enough!  This does not create certainty.  The ELB is a tool for transition! ref: Power play that aired last night with guest Legion President and Shawn what they stated is on point!

I have first hand experience dealing with VAC and it started in 2003.  It is now 2015 and I am still in the process of explaining my medical conditions.  It is really hard to juggle appeals, college, family and not knowing what the future will bring. And now  knowing they can cut off your ELB anytime you are not complying with what they consider a wonderful transitioning tool.  
Benefit of the doubt: How am I suppose to believe what they are trying to accomplish, when the same respect was not given back. BENFEIT of the DOUBT.  
SOMEONE answer this!
WHAT IS SUITABLE EMPLOYMENT AND HOW WILL I KNOW IF IT IS SUITABLE
suitable employment! that could mean whatever they want it to mean, so please someone explain what the government considers suitable employment.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks Empty Re: Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks

Post by Dannypaj Sat 14 Mar 2015, 09:24

Under pressure from all the complaints and most likely had very good advisors.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 14 Mar 2015, 00:12

PM Harper created the Ombudsmans Office
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 13 Mar 2015, 19:08

They need to make these changes.  It is the right thing to do.  I applaud whoever created the ombudsman's office for us veterans.  This office sees all the current problem that veterans face first hand; and I applaud the ombudsman's office for being able to be a strong voice for change and giving us respect!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 13 Mar 2015, 19:05

All the above propat

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 18:39

rate increasese ?????

law suit settlement ?????

fixing VRAB ????

god knows

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 18:34

Well it ain't slowing down there is another announcement on the near horizon somewhere around Tuesdayish on the left coast.

And no I haven't got a clue what it is about and I hope it is kept a surprise.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 18:30

waiting watching cant wait to see what happens next .

been bussssssy lately teen ????? LOL

thanks buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 18:23

Well this I will say with confidence,

We now have a good MVA.

We now have a good deputy MVA.

We now have a good OVO.

Now I heard the MVA say that he is meeting vigorously with the PM, OVO, and his deputy Minister.

The MVA is dedicated in pursuing positive changes, he says his getting support from the PM, the deputy MVA is on the ball, he knows what is needed, and is a man that gets things done, the OVO is clear in delivering what is needed, and he is without a doubt committed fully in doing his job.

With all this, things will improve, improvements have already started, I will repeat what I have said before, it's simply a matter of getting the proper people in place that is standing, and acting on what they say, and I think we have this now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 17:36

In my conversations with O'Toole's staff his goal is to get the Veteran-centric Communications Task Force up and running before the election so regardless of the output of the election it's in place.

Yes a new party could turn it off but with Walt Natnyzk as the DM and he pushes the agenda during the election, the transition of government (if needed) then the Christmas Break Natynzk has all that time to get it encased with the veteran community.  Then if a new VAC minister tries to change it he/she will get major pushback from the vets.  Especially if the new ways are working and we like it.

I'm not trying to change everyone's minds and get on board with what I'm saying.  I love this conversation everyone is having because if over time you guys start liking what is going on then it will not die during the election.  

I will say this the 'vibe' of everything that is happening, the stories you guys from news agencies across Canada are posting here is positive.  The last few years have been really negative because everytime we got something good something horrible soon followed it because the messenger was a Pte. Doofus and we all know a doofus screws it all up.

Just read it and I realized I forgot to say Natynzk is totally onboard with changing the 'attitudes' in PEI when dealing with vets and the new Veteran Centric attitude is being driven by Natynzk. Early rumors are the bureuacrats don't like it but Natynzk doesn't care...It's basically Veteran Centric or there's the door.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 13 Mar 2015, 17:35

Also, he will only be in the role for a few more months, until the election is called, and then he will be on the campaign trail. And there is no guarantee that he will remain as the MVA even if the Tories remain in power. After all, everyone knows that he was brought in to quell discontent over the treatment of Vets and the ABC movement, leading up to the election. Something Fantino would not be able to do. So if the Tories do retain control, Harper may reward him by shuffling him into a different, higher profile position. After all, with losing several long time cabinet ministers and other backbenchers, he may find himself scrambling to find trustworthy MP's to fill his cabinet.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 13 Mar 2015, 16:52

I must say, with all due respect to Erin O'Toole esp. the fact he served in the CF, he is still... a 2 month johnny come lately as the MVA. He's good, but 2 months is not mileage, 2 -3 years are. It will take a while alright trooper. Where's my crystal ball dag nabbit it.  pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 16:36

Trusting VAC is going to be a hard for I think the vast majority of Veterans, if that ever happens it will take awhile, but that is only my opinion, I guess if anyone can do it -  Mr. O'Toole can - that is of course if Mr. O'Toole continues to prove good on his centric - approach.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 13 Mar 2015, 16:33

The key for me to see if he is actually listening, and not just playing political game, will be if he gets all these changes to the senate before the election is called. That will tell me that he wants to fix these things for Veterans regardless of how the election turns out. My only concern then would be the Torie run senate delaying these benefits, if the Tories do lose the election. Just too many scandals, misdeeds and double speak coming out of the blue corner, for me to just accept things at face value.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 16:25

Trooper I get the government wanting to gain the respect back from the vets but sometimes I get the feeling he wants the vets to start "trusting" VAC.

This is why I'm interested in this new initiative Veteran-centric Communications Task Force and the potential it has.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next