Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks

+2
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks - Page 2 Empty Re: Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 16:19

I agree this has been in the works for awhile, but that said, I personally think that understanding how to proceed with implementation of how to fix things is another thing.

In my opinion Mr. O'Toole is the man who knows how to get things done, he only has been Minister for a little over two Months, and so far he has showed to be committed to actually listen, acting and responding in a hasty manner.

As with past Ministers - The understanding and the acting on implementation was lacking which really got us nowhere, one minor thing was fixed and that's where it ended, this type of governing did not sit well with Veterans.

So far in the very short time that Mr. O'Toole has taken over, he is showing where his heart is, and that is looking after all Veterans.

If this continues to be the case going forward, I think he will shine a different light towards how serious this government is in looking after it's Veterans, and gain back the respect and trust of Veterans, which can only be a good thing.

Back to top Go down

Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks - Page 2 Empty Re: Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:10

I agree with ya Rex...all of the announcements and future ones as I was told there is more coming were in the works since VAC received the ACVA report.

The change from Fantino to O'Toole was done not for the optics but for the new "veteran-centric" approach when dealing with vets, paperwork, and old bureuacratic thinking. I couldn't see Fantino doing this.

His reputation was soiled with the vets so putting O'Toole in was not just a reset for the Conservatives but a reset for everybody...vets, Liberals, NDP, Conservatives, and Public Service.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 13 Mar 2015, 10:45

The Tories had to have had these in the works for a while, but knew that Fantino was not the man to announce these changes. He had burned too many bridges. Just seems like too many, very drastic changes to the way VAC have conducted themselves since 2006, in such a short amount of time, for it all just be because of a new MVA. Even if these changes were O'toole's idea, it would take time to get proper approval from Harper, AND the treasury board, before being able to announce such broad changes. I am glad, and I say keep them coming, since they still have recommendations about concerning PIA and ELB to act upon.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 13 Mar 2015, 09:14

And a Happy Friday the 13th it is ! pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 08:33

Excellent news

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 07:59

"When the new Minister came in, we'd had approaches to talk"

Our new Minister, Mr. OToole is not only listening and understanding our concerns, he is actually acting on our concerns.

This is good news all around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2015, 22:54

WOW never seen this coming .

NOT being overly optimistic I guess we will have to wait and see .

but I will have hope .

and ..... I really hope these guys make me vote for them this year.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2015, 22:29

Things are a changing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 12 Mar 2015, 22:26

HOLY CRAP!!!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks - Page 2 Empty Afghan vets lawsuit in settlement talks

Post by 6608 Thu 12 Mar 2015, 22:18

This sounds like good news.............it will be interesting to see what the government has to say

http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/national/296147831.html

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2