Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAIRMANENT IMPARMENT ALLOWANCE EXPENSION AND ELB INCREASE

5 posters

Go down

PAIRMANENT IMPARMENT ALLOWANCE EXPENSION AND ELB INCREASE Empty Re: PAIRMANENT IMPARMENT ALLOWANCE EXPENSION AND ELB INCREASE

Post by bigrex Sun 15 Mar 2015, 20:26

Well, one thing. Since the PIA recommendation has nothing to do with legislation, only the administering of the program, any announced changes to how PIA eligibility is determined, or how the appropriate level is decided, should only be an internal policy change. Therefor they shouldn't require going through the democratic process, and should be effective immediately.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

PAIRMANENT IMPARMENT ALLOWANCE EXPENSION AND ELB INCREASE Empty Re: PAIRMANENT IMPARMENT ALLOWANCE EXPENSION AND ELB INCREASE

Post by cosmo12 Sat 14 Mar 2015, 11:44

Thanks Teen we will see

Have a great day

C.

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 15:44

At the rate announcements are coming out of the Ministers office I'd have to say anyday now but who knows???
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Fri 13 Mar 2015, 15:39

teen,

when the PIA will be announced ? Sorry to misunderstand must be my french

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 13 Mar 2015, 13:25

CPP is clawed back at 100% of your personal amount from ELB, just like SISIP. They do not deduct dependent's money
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 12:34

I really don't know about how much ELB would be clawed back.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Fri 13 Mar 2015, 12:29

Hey Ron , TeenTitan

I understand CF Pension getting clawed back for me $ 348.00 per mth.

BUT ! ......... CPPD with 5 kids Greatly outweighs the loss Quaddrupple & More ! .

What of the ELB ???  ........ How much do they cut it back by on a Monthly Basis ???

For Country
retired Ar,my MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:31

Well if you have been told to apply for CPPD now then apply. Just to clarify the RISB is 70% of your ELB.

By getting CPPD now it will claw back your ELB and CF Pension. So I guess if you don't need to apply for CPPD then keep your sanity I guess. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:19

Is it worthwhile going through all of the CPPD hoops now or will the RISB cover the loss of ELB at 65

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:13

Sorry but I missed the debrief. But if I was to make a guess the ELB increase is a budget item and the PIA would probably happen around the same time as the RISB is introduced. Will see what I can dig up though
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

PAIRMANENT IMPARMENT ALLOWANCE EXPENSION AND ELB INCREASE Empty PAIRMANENT IMPARMENT ALLOWANCE EXPENSION AND ELB INCREASE

Post by cosmo12 Fri 13 Mar 2015, 10:01

Hi Teen, Did the Minister said on when this annoucement will be done

Thanks

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum