Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

+2
bigrex
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit - Page 2 Empty Re: Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 23:33

From what I have read and heard if you are on PA monthly than you don't get the new family benefit. Only NVC can receive it and if the are partially PA monthly and get any AA they also don't get it. Teen am I wrong here?

Back to top Go down

Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit - Page 2 Empty Re: Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by Recon031 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 22:25

.........So , I raise the " Question " ........

If you have attendance Allowance coming in , do we still qualify for Caregiver Allowance to releave your Spouse from caring for you ? that's what this is for ....Right ???

For Country
retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7........ get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 22:12

Rex, I am wondering if those on Sisip ltd will still get it if they have the PA award . Say your 100 percent and get the spouse amount are they going to not claw that back from the new RISB. Plus the PA has a survivor part so I can't see the government letting our spouses keep that pension plus have a survivor payment from RISB. I don't know but from what I am hearing and starting to feel is maybe these benefits will just benefit a few NVC veterans which I support and I support the reserve ELB package but these other benefits sound fishy to me and to exclude the Sisip ltd guys plus the pension act guys from these new benefits is unfair. Hell if they wanted to fix the whole dam thing just give out a monthly tax free pension to all , you either get it or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 21:34

...... Well Teentitan , Ron ..... Can you put out the fire on Veterans with Sisip Ltd & CF Pension , that we DO NOT qualify @ 65 for the RISB ...

...... That we Lose our Sisip Ltd & only the Vets on ELB get the RISB ??????

...... Is that Correct Ron ? ............... OH SHYTE !  Gotta let the Wife know we're losing another one !

I'll still be putting my 5 kids through University @ 65 !   WTF  ?  ......... THIS IS " NOT GOOD " !

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 17 Mar 2015, 21:27

Nav, the RISB will be available to those on SISIP, according to what Teen has said. But I know what you mean. They say that this kind of benefit has never been offered before, but that is untrue, BECAUSE there was the Attendance Allowance under the Pension Act, but was waylayed by the NVC. The biggest problem now is making CM's aware that the AA can still be approved, as long as the Veteran has a monthly PA pension
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 20:34

So what the government is doing is trying to sweeten the NVC with all these improvements but how many will actually get it. I knew nothing was for the pension act veterans. I hope nobody believes these are improvements because they are like band aids , lol, just my opinion! I believed this guy was Legit but it's the same old Con , really. Just like the Sisip guys who receive pension act won't beable to receive the new RISB even thou the whole lawsuit was based on pension act payments not being considered income. Give the liberals or ND
P a chance what do veterans have to lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 19:41

INFO FROM THE DEBRIEF:

This tax-free grant of $7238.00 is only for veterans under the NVC. Those who are under the PA have the Attendance Allowance.

It is not/not a wage replacement grant it is a grant that will be added to extended VIP coverage.

It will be indexed annually

As this is a new benefit it has to go thru legislation. It will be done before the end of summer.

Once the memo is sent out about the debrief I will post it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 13:10

The devils in the details I believe myself all these new benefits are geared to NVC veterans and PA who get the AA and EIA won't get it

Back to top Go down

Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit - Page 2 Empty Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:52

Veterans Affairs Canada has created a new benefit to recognize the vital contribution of informal caregivers to the health and well-being of Veterans with a severe and permanent service-related injury. The proposed new Family Caregiver Relief Benefit will provide Veterans with an annual tax-free grant of more than $7,000. In line with efforts to stream line programs and eliminate layers of red tape, this new benefit will require little to no paperwork, and will not require receipts. It will provide the informal caregiver relief while ensuring that Veterans continue to get the support they need. Many families care for their loved ones at home. Doing so can take a physical and emotional toll on the caregiver and the family.

Informal caregivers, who are usually spouses, common-law partners, adult children, parents or other family members, support Veterans with a severe and permanent injury by doing things like arranging direct care for the Veteran, making appointments, coordinating household tasks and providing basic assistance with daily living. This benefit will allow the caregiver to take time off and recharge, knowing that someone else will be providing the vital services and support they have been providing.

This funding can be used for relief options such as covering the cost of having a professional caregiver come into the home or covering the cost for another family member or friend to travel to the Veterans’ home. The new benefit is expected to provide relief to approximately 350 spouses or caregivers of the most seriously ill and injured Veterans by 2020.

Example of a Veteran who could benefit from these changes

Marcel is a seriously injured Veteran from Afghanistan. Veterans Affairs already supports him and his family by providing the full cost of in-home care, rehabilitation, retraining and medical support. Yet, while a medical professional is there most of the time, Marcel’s spouse is on duty every day, 7 days a week. With today’s announcement, Marcel can use the Family Caregiver Relief Benefit to pay a professional to come into his home full time, allowing his spouse to take a much needed break to recharge while knowing that someone else is at home fulfilling Marcel’s needs.

A continuum of care

While support for families is the focus of this measure, it must be viewed as part of a full spectrum of services and supports available to Veterans. Benefits and services such as those provided through the Veterans Independence Program (VIP), Long-Term Care, Rehabilitation Program or Health Benefits Program, for example, are designed to help support the needs of ill and injured Veterans.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2