Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

+6
prawnstar
RCNRetired
johnny211
pinger
Teentitan
Dannypaj
10 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 4 Empty Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 21:01

just watched it, Mulcair has my vote. very smart, common sense, strait shooter no bull shit not a dictator and con artist like harper and he worked, not in politics to raise his family. trudeau never worked a real job in his life. I was impressed he is not self serving.

Back to top Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 4 Empty Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 13:03

W5 on CTV has a special on him tonight at 0700 all vets should check it out hell all Canadians should watch jt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 18:36

wild thing they are defiantly worth considering.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 16:42

wild thing, the ideal is not bad!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 16:40

NDP has been fighting for veterans and the elderly more then any other party. A lot of seniors are only recieving 1100 dollars per month liberals and conservatives have been a cancer for Canada for years. harpers a dictator and trudeaus a silver spoon non working hippy. NDP mulcair has common sense ideas and wants to spend tax payers money in canada. NDP has not been given a chance i personally think its time. The other two really!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 17:56

Trooper, it's Trudeaus smile, something about it just makes us feel a warm and fuzzy inside plus I know how much Teen loves Trudeau so I'll have to throw my vote where are leader suggests!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 17:48

Personally, looking at it from a whole point in view of what's best for the Country moving forward, Trudeau in my view will not be able to add anything which will advance us in any way, he has no solid plans, he has no experience, he is counting on his name image, and it looks like it's working so far, at least from the polls point of view.
He is neck in neck with the conservatives, don't really know if this will continue, god help us all if he is elected.

Looking at it from a Veterans point of view, don't expect anything from him, in fact, if you think we had it bad with the conservatives, vote Trudeau and see where that leads, I think we will be a hell of a lot worse off, with this guy leading.

Just - My - Opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 19 Mar 2015, 16:17

Tx prawn. LMAO and it feels good... pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:52

I was on the Rusty Guts in the late 70's. It was a Potlatch Ex and we sailed down to San Diego. I was on the Provider and half way there I did a jack stay across to the Restigouche. Of course I got a bit of a soaking half way across. We then sailed back to Cape Scott on an American troop ship with landing craft in it's belly. What a trip that was. Made me happy to be a ground pounder instead of a hairy bag.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:02

Prawn, you mentioned a best before date. In my time there was a reason why the HMCS Fraser was coined "Fraser-blades" it had to do with razorblades the recycled scrap many felt it should become.
And the Restigouche was the "Rust-igouche"... soo many memories it's nuts. But we did ok. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 19 Mar 2015, 12:29

I stand corrected. I was an army guy.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 19 Mar 2015, 12:08

Any feedback, frustration, comments or whatever is stated here is beneficial if it is coming from a Veteran. knowing that I have a place to voice my frustration and opinions  on here makes me fell like I am not by myself in this fight with GoC over VAC benefits.  
Just in passing if our F-18's are starting to look like F-16's then we are surely needing to update our Fighters, they would be missing a crucial part of the Jet.........lol
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 19 Mar 2015, 11:51

Trudeau is nothing but a snot nosed kindergarten teacher who is still wet behind the ears. He has no platform cause he has no backing from his own party. I too was a victim of his father's irresponsible handling of DND matters. Johnny Chretien was no better. When you need to cut the budget, decimate your military till you are nothing but a joke to your allies. Working with SFA we still managed to get the job done cause we cared. The more they cut the harder we worked. Public works acquisitions people could not organize a one man rush to a two hole shit house. Just look at F-16s, Sea kings and the rest of our beyond the "best before date" equipment. Until this country recognizes the need for a strong military with a budget larger Denmark or Luxemburg's we will be left sucking the hind tit for a long time. Just my rant for the day. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

Last edited by prawnstar on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 18:10; edited 1 time in total

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:04

I guess nothing else to do but sit and wait. Dust still not settled or sea spay for us navy folks. Maybe once that settles, well maybe, we may have more answers!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:00

Thanks georges! As a young Veteran and a even a younger commissionaire I worked side by side with different generations of Veterans.  And not one is sure about how VAC works. 
Some guys are scared to apply for benefits because the ones they have they are scared they will lose.  VAC is a big monster to many of us Veterans and it should not be.

Frustration, that is not even the word for it!

I was at a point were I felt that if they can just treat  people the way they want (no respect); then why should I treat people in the same manner (with respect). 
Treat others as you want others to treat you.  That is what I was taught!
I also learned a motto early in life. Drilled in me as a cadet.  To learn, to serve and to Respect! Well, I have done all three and want to continue, but it has to go both ways. 
I hope we all can have peace of mind one day and know that we were not forgotten and adequately compensated for our service and sacrifices.
One day I hope I will be able to look back at my past and say to my wife, all of my complaints and appeals are done! And you know what? I should of believed my CM when she said "I am here to give you the best support and we do have the best interest of you and your family".  
Right now my CM is limited in her powers, and I am sure she is doing everything she can to help me in my transition.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 21:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing grammatical errors.)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next