Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To The Honorable Minister O'Toole & The Federal Government ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir !

+5
Teentitan
RCNRetired
tripleh
Recon031
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

To The Honorable Minister O'Toole &  The Federal Government  ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir ! Empty Re: To The Honorable Minister O'Toole & The Federal Government ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir !

Post by RCNRetired Fri 27 Mar 2015, 23:49

But am holding hands singing with Steve. Ha ha

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

To The Honorable Minister O'Toole &  The Federal Government  ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir ! Empty Re: To The Honorable Minister O'Toole & The Federal Government ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir !

Post by RCNRetired Fri 27 Mar 2015, 23:46

I disagree with comments that suggest it is all good if just some veterans are dealt with this way and others maybe not. We are all flipping veterans who have gave a great deal to our country and for that a veteran is a veteran and all are to be treated the same, fairly, respectfully and with dignity. A few little announcements from a government who stole millions and millions from us and they got us bitching and complaining and speculating again. If O Toole and the Harper plow boys are finally getting it right great stuff, but where were they when we have been screwed over for the past several years. Just because they are not the minister does not mean they are not supposed to do the right thing.

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 19:07

Preaching to the Choir Rex...hopefully we get that info sooner rather then later!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 26 Mar 2015, 17:56

Thanks Teen, but I'm just going to wait until I can actually read what it says. I'm just too tired of all the ambiguity.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 26 Mar 2015, 17:49

Good not of said it any better Rucksack cheers

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 16:19

Rex it's 70% of the VAC payment or in your case the ELB.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 15:37

Thanks Teen, that's the way I understood the RISB was to work out, based on what was said by the MVA , Some may not understand or agree but for myself there is no benefit at age 65, And I am fine with that. Even though I fall under the classification as a severely disable vet I was under know illusion that past age 65 that I would receive anything more, base on my military pension, pia, pia sup, cpp when added up exceeds the bench mark set. Now with so many years marking time, its nice to see momentum for vets finally going forward in a positive way regardless who is in power or what political parties implement these measures mean nothing to me at all. The fact that those less fortunate than myself regardless of age, rank, and time in will have a brighter future is what counts in my books. So anything that helps a vet I am behind 100% even if it does not affect me personally , I look at the bigger picture, and one more Vet help is another Vet saved. As I look past all the politics involved, and as a grown ass man I have to acknowledge, the speed at which the Minister has proceeded with this file and I commend Him. I also Commend Csat, RON, and all stakeholders , and VETS for there tireless work , and so many more I don't know. To all a sincere Thank-you and take care
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 26 Mar 2015, 15:31

OK, ive asked this before, but is it 70% of your ELB benefit, after deductions from other sources or before? My 75% amount is roughly $4000, my CF pension is $1500, so my actual ELB is only $2500. So would the RISB would be 70% of the $2500, or 70$ of $4000. The difference is quite significant.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 14:58

OK just got off the phone with one of the ministers staff and I can now edit what I stated above.

Best way to explain is a bit long but stay with it...

You are released from the CF. In VAC's opinion you will receive no less then 75% of your pre-release salary.

So they look at your sources of income, as we all know if you are in receipt of a CF pension then you will have that amount ADDED to make up the 75%.

So after your pension is considered your ELB will make up the rest of the amount to achieve 75%

You do the rehab but your injury prevents you from finding a job then you will receive EELB until you either find a job or reach age 65. So you maintain your 75% income.

Now you are seriously injured and cannot work. Rules say you need to apply for CPPD. You do and you start receiving CPPD. The amount of CPPD puts your income over the 75% threshold so your ELB is reduced to meet the 75% income.

You are now 64 VAC comes to you and reviews your income. Their goal is that you maintain 70% of your current 75% income. So they will deduct 30% from your ELB so you now live with a minimum income of 70% of the previous 75% for the rest of your life.

So you are not penalized if you are in receipt of a CF pension. Everyone will get the RISB so that you will have a secure financial income for the rest of your life.

Now about the floor or minimum $43K....

Your a private with 3 years in and you end up with a serious injury that prevents you from working for the rest of your life.

As we know VAC has benefits for this group to make sure they have an annual income of a minimum of $43K. So the private goes thru the same process for the RISB.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 14:19

that actually clarifies things a great deal teen thanks for that. so everyone is saying the same thing a different way .

thanks again

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 14:08

SEE BELOW FOR INFO

Last edited by teentitan on Thu 26 Mar 2015, 14:58; edited 1 time in total
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 13:34

Propat, I like your above post! (the short one) that really is the "truth" having said that we are still waiting for VAC on the questions and answers on the RISB.

Nav, Teen might be tired of veterans "thoughts" on the new benefits or "opinions" on the RISB but i'm not that is exactly why i like this "FORUM" so keep it up!!

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next