Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSHCP

+6
bigrex
Vet1234
Recon031
Teentitan
Nemo
loggie
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PSHCP Empty Re: PSHCP

Post by SaintJohn18182 Fri 05 May 2017, 15:10

Trooper wrote:SaintJohn,

The best way to get that info would be to contact the forces pensions: 1 800 267 0325

They would be the ones who would have that info for you.

The number above is kinda screwed up, just press for English, and press the first prompt and once you get an agent, ask them to transfer you to the Insurance unit, they can give you the medical rate, and the dental rate.

http://www.pshcp.ca/#

I definitely owe you a coffee Trooper. Their office is currently closed but I will call them in the A.M

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 14:22

SaintJohn,

The best way to get that info would be to contact the forces pensions: 1 800 267 0325

They would be the ones who would have that info for you.

The number above is kinda screwed up, just press for English, and press the first prompt and once you get an agent, ask them to transfer you to the Insurance unit, they can give you the medical rate, and the dental rate.

http://www.pshcp.ca/#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 12:21

I really can't say for sure what you would pay per month. I only have the medical/prescription drugs coverage and for me that comes to $54.46 per month.

Bigrex is likely the person with the answer you are looking for. Try sending him a Personal Message. Or he may answer you here.

Good luck brother!

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJohn18182 Fri 05 May 2017, 12:17

Thanks for the answer Bruce,

Is there an easy way to calculate how much I'd pay a month? They have all this complicated documents to read over and theres no 'set' cost.
I just want basic Medical and Dental.. thats it.

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 12:15

I can't comment as to whether or not PSHCP would be of value to you and your wife, because I don't know your entire situation (nor should I, that's your business) but after the Rehab program you can keep the PSHCP as long as you pay your premiums.

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJohn18182 Fri 05 May 2017, 11:36

Hi,

I am interested in joining the PSHCP as my wife's Medical/Dental/Insurance is $168/month and we don't need insurance but unfortunately you must opt into it to be part of the Medical And Dental.
She gets 80% of basically anything including massages.. but we never use all those extra benefits and it feels like we're throwing $168/month away

I'm trying to save money here, would it be wise for me to take over and get a plan for both of us?

I believe since I recently got approved for the rehab program that I'm eligible but I'm wondering what happens once the Rehab program is over?

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Apr 2017, 17:51

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 21:37

This is a great talk, thanks for sharing. It's is also good to hear how others are making out because when an unfortunate medical situation arises, experiences that we read relally help to clear the mind.

Group hug.....lol

Awesome group

Thanks and keep talking.

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 16 Apr 2017, 15:56

Use your yearly pension statement that shows your PSHCP monthly payment and dental as well. Multiply by 12 for each one and you have your yearly premium payments. No form required Robbie
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 16 Apr 2017, 13:41

Yup bog6,  " i just finished with getting quotes from blue cross, manulife, PSHC and one more. "
... that's what you have to do, the homework if one can wrap ones head around the fine-print.

I think the benefits are definitely worth the cost in our circles though...

pinger
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:23

If VAC is not covering you for all medical expenses or you have a spouse or child who needs medical supplies, medical expenses can be a very big part of one's monthly costs. Even with VAC covering me on a B level, between my spouse and I we likely average around 5K per year. That is medical and dental plan fees...prescription glasses and for me with poor vision that is a high cost because I need high end lenses....and all the other stuff you still need...
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:19

Overall, it is not a bad deal. Especially Catastrophic drug coverage which is something many plans do not cover....

"Eligible drug expenses in excess of $3,000 out-of-pocket drug expense incurred in a given calendar year payable at 100%"

Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 00:03

i just finished with getting quotes from blue cross, manulife, PSHC and one more.

to mu surprise when all were cross check. PSHCP was the best of all the deals for Dental and Medical.

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Sat 15 Apr 2017, 13:10

RobbieRoyal wrote:is there a form to download or a contact number to get this info for the purpose of income tax reduction Ron?

If you call the pension office, 1-800-267-0325, you can get a letter for the medical and dental plan that states your annual premium and tax paid. Once registered, you are supposed to get the letters yearly. Otherwise, you can add up the premiums on your pay statements and use that as a source document (I did for years and it held up to a medical audit). You will just have to calculate your provincial tax yourself. For Ontario it is 8%.

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017, 07:30

is there a form to download or a contact number to get this info for the purpose of income tax reduction Ron?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next