Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

+8
pinger
DeeCee
rucksack031
czerv
TripleT
beleaf67
1993firebird
Rags
12 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  - Page 6 Empty Re: CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:25

Nice to see you back beleaf67 and you as well RAGS

Back to top Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  - Page 6 Empty Re: CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by beleaf67 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 09:00

The reasons don't make sense! If you're fully disabled, as in severe and prolonged, severe meaning your disability prevents you from participating in any type of full time employment, prolonged means the disability at the time of application will continue for an indefinite period of time, the disability can be physical and//or psychological or a combination of both!
It makes no difference that you haven't worked in the last three years, I know individuals who didn't apply for longer periods than that, they had their own workplace insurance and they paid their own monthly premiums in full so their insurance plan had zero deductions, i.e., tax free when you pay your own monthly premiums with no contributions from the company!
As for the CPPD application itself you would have received a letter from SISIP//Manulife directing you to apply ASAP when you were released and with regard to the number of years required to contribute to the CPP fund the answer is 5 years in total! So you're either very young, you didn't work prior to joing the CF or worked "under the table" prior to enlisting or as a last case scenario you were in the forces less than five years and had no job prior to joining!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 31 Mar 2015, 08:59

Glued , screwed and tattooed.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?  - Page 6 Empty CPPD assessment by my Doc late..11 years late, Why did CF doc not do this?

Post by Rags Tue 31 Mar 2015, 08:04

Hi All,

Thought Id share a comment and question from my Civi Doctor.

Ok so the good news is after avoiding going and getting a CPPD assessment I did this in 2013. My doc after doing all the stuff assess me as disabled and off it went to CCPD. His question to me was "So (name blank) why did it take you so long?, what do you mean Doc? well I have been waiting for you to do this for years, it was no doubt you were disabled but you never came in to get assessed....I dont get it. So told him the whole SISIP LTD story and he was stunned by the issue. He then asked me a real important question about the CF medical system. He said why did your military GP Doc not do the assessment on your way out the military? You were being medically released you had been disabled they had all the most up to date relevant information. Why did they not as a normal routine do up your CPPD papers on your release? He further said tht he could not assess me based on what condition I was pre military release as he can only review me since I came to him. He said the Military Docs had a responsibility to do that.
GOOD FUC%$#@ING question!!!!!

In an interesting twist since I did not get a full assessment done after i left the CF......my CPPD is listed as disabled ......just that I dont qualify as Im too late to claim reason given:
1) has not worked in past 3 years........wow go figure disabled lol.
2) has not contributed enough money to CPPD.......wow go figure disabled lol.
3) has not applied in a timely fashion so claim is auto expired.......wow go figure.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6