Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconsideration Letter Question

+13
bosn181
AirLog
Willie
1sea0shell33
Rifleman
Newf
1993firebird
pinger
Sapper Zodiak
johnny211
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 9 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 01:00

For those of you writing down what you have experienced:

There should be an address where all of you can mail anonymously... to have it compiled into a book.

If you do, please make it in memory of Master Seaman John Murdock.
He gave of himself, to country and to fellow man, to the very end.

Back to top Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 9 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 00:56

I had a filing cabinet once..
Tossed it when a crooked contractor renovated, and a thieving computer repair guy kept my computer and all software. What good is a filing system without something to file? Wink

I get what you're saying, though.

For everyone here.. all I can say is.. have faith. It's a long time coming, but the light at the end of the tunnel does come. And some times, it's not a train.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 15 Jul 2015, 17:44

tffm,  I'm very happy for you and your hubby's favourable decision the other day.
Our circles need (to hear) more good news. It ain't all doom and gloom albeit an uphill battle.

Anyway, just wanted to remind and tack in on something here...
Files, paperwork, records, and a little I.T.
That's dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's"

Record keeping. I've always found myself fanatical about it and it has served me well. Granted, vrab can discount anything they choose to.
Never tasted that delicacy at 5/5 but you never know.

Bottom line, keep best records, medical reports incl. photocopies of EVERY correspondence between vac and you. Don't miss anything no matter even 3rd party. It just might help you in later years.

Due diligence.

Now if I could only find my file cabinent... cheers.  pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 16:09

tfmm - I hear you there. It is hard for us sometimes to tell some of the sights we have seen or been thru even with the ones we love. My psyc told me to write my story, which I have done a few times. Then I would leave it sitting on the coffee table, and told my spouse to read it, when she feels like it, Because most of it is too hard to repeat.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:28

Regarding the decision..

Thank you! I received more than I applied for.

I have never seen my husband's medical file. The decision was based on something in the file my husband never told me about. There will always be things I won't know because I didn't have the security clearance, and some other things simply because my husband didn't want to worry me.

As a spouse, can I just say... vets, share more of your burden with your spouses. We can handle it, and it might help to ease the load you carry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:21

I don't want to discourage you but my husband didn't have any success with priority hire. Maybe it has changed since then. That was several years ago.
He was in Admin and constantly upgrading throughout his career. Then on release he was suddenly no longer qualified to do half the work at the new pay centre in Mirimachi (his home town, no less). That's the same centre which still has only half the staff it needs, and which managers say their staff hasn't learned the job yet.
Why was he turned down? Presumably because his French (which technology can instantly translate) wasn't good enough to work in an English town where he spent half his life.

My advice: learn French.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 13 Jul 2015, 21:31

tfmm, I am happy you have closure. November until now is a long wait. I hope you received exactly what you applied for and are happy with the favorable decision.
I am not sure if DVA has a job placement program. I am guessing that the priority hiring of Veterans into the federal sector maybe DVA's solution.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jul 2015, 19:58

sweet congrats buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jul 2015, 17:10

The wait is over.. Mail came this afternoon.

It's a favourable decision.

Thank you VA!

I wasn't expecting this outcome, as I try to never take anything for granted.

Sincerely, I hope this bodes well for everyone still waiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jul 2015, 15:59

But are you well enough to work? Finding work will be harder if you have to accommodate a disability.
Does VA have a job placement program for disabled vets?

I'm not suggesting forcing vets to work if it would be medically detrimental.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 13 Jul 2015, 15:46

Okay, yes to be fair things are better than before taking part in the VAC rehabilitation program, but it would of been nice to of had this help years ago.
Years of not receiving help and suddenly receiving it has helped yes, but I still have no certainty because after graduating 🎓 from college I better find a decent job or I'll be right back where I started, but with a certificate.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jul 2015, 14:57

For the record, aside from waiting since November, VA has been very good to me so far.
I wouldn't have known to even file a claim if they hadn't contacted me in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jul 2015, 14:51

One would think a reconsideration (especially if due to fault) hearing would be a higher priority. After all, it's fixing an error.

VA needs more hires.
Why don't they hire the less injured vets, using service experience in lieu of a degree in Social Work?
10-20 years in Military Admin, or even being on the receiving end of that Admin, should count for something.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 13 Jul 2015, 14:31

Yes, I was told that reconsideration hearings are the lowest priority for VRAB, maybe because it is normally due to someone screwing up. So with normal hearings sometimes taking years to be heard, because of a backlog, I'm not going to be holding my breathe, for a quick resolution.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 13 Jul 2015, 14:10

So, if true in regards to in uniform heading to base, then VRAB withholding 4/5 should not be considered reasonable? Funny how doctors letters and other evidence reflects a higher attribution to the Service then VRAB's 1/5 that I was awarded. A doctor, not myself submitted medical documents to the board stating that 4/5 was reasonably justified.
But yet VRAB concludes by pulling rabbits out of their hats that 1/5 it is. Come on VAC, I'm tired of the fracking games and I am not alone as stories of poor treatment of Veterans keep popping up on our lovely social media.👂
BigRex Several of years, maybe if our government changes up, you can ask for a Ministerial review of your file. This is probably my next step if my situation isn't resolved in a way that would be considered fair treatment of an injured vet.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next