Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stoicism

5 posters

Go down

Stoicism Empty Re: Stoicism

Post by Dannypaj Sun 13 Dec 2015, 09:02

PLEASE MAKE FORWARD MOVEMENT ON OUR FILE ASAP! WE ARE GROWING OLD AND TIRED OF THE SHENANIGANS!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 14 May 2015, 08:52

Ad on to Jeffery M, The Wound Strip was created over 100 years ago and was phased out in 02 and superseded by the Sacrifice Medal. Wound Stripes were more difficult to attain then a Sac Medal thus the change so they could hand more out in A Stan.

Rags
Wound Strip 1995

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Thu 30 Apr 2015, 00:39

The CIB is not currently legislated. Until it is. I do not believe it exists. If...if it becomes a reality, those who were brutally injured prior to April 1, 2006 apparently didn't experience trauma, specifically because they may have fully recovered.

The sacrifice medal was created into existence in 2008 and became available in 2009. It covers from October 2002.

BS

Contracts don't mean shite to the GOC. There is no standard.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:28

Rags, I would like to see an example of how combat Vets are getting less money than non combat Vets, specifically because they were injured in combat. The only way that could happen is because the actual disability from the injury wasn't as severe, as you would make it out to be. After all, an injury does not automatically equate to a disability, and even someone who has been shot several times, can have a full recovery, with little to no long term symptoms. If anything, soldiers injured in combat, will be getting more, because of the new CIB, regardless of how much impact the injury has on their long term health.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 09:59

I sure dont want combat vets to get screwed i want you guys at the front of the line and im sure eveybody else feels the same as i do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 29 Apr 2015, 08:32

If you think its the PM your barking up the wrong tree. The problem goes 4 ways, with almost equal blame sitting at all feet.
1) GOC
2) Veterans themselves
3) Veterans Affairs
4) SISPLTD

Who looses in all of this....The combat disabled veteran and the Tax payer. And dont bark at me for using the term combat disabled! As it is a fact that Combat disabled Vets get less money then non combat disabled Vets. One Vet one standard ya right there is no one vet one standard but in ways you have no idea its not one standard.

Edit in_ as a side note for those that oppose my view...if you get your wish of one vet one standard that you argue for will combat disabled vets get the same or will we be forgotten again since there are more of you non combat disabled then us the combat disabled? Your mass of voices drown us out! Good to get support for yourselves but we get forgotten.
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 28 Apr 2015, 21:04

And meanwhile, at the end of the day comes a breaking point for some. Nuff said. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 28 Apr 2015, 08:05

The problem is that the government uses that same stoicism against us. Because when only a few are willing to speak out, it is too easy for the GoC to label them as whiners and malcontents, instead of what they truly are, voices for the voiceless. They even downplayed the "national day of protest", when thousands of Veterans were out demanding better treatment, because it wasn't supported by the RCL, as if they are the be all, and end all of veterans advocacy.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 07:31

well said my brother, its is a emotional inhuman punishment to be proud and a veteran. HOORAH AIRBORNE

Back to top Go down

Stoicism Empty Stoicism

Post by Dannypaj Tue 28 Apr 2015, 06:54

Stoicism

The endurance of pain or hardship without a display of feelings and without complaint.

How much can you endure?

What needs to be changed to absolutely help all Canadian Veterans?

Why is it so hard to have the Canadian Government move on making these changes?

Is it really one person (The PM) that is blocking forward movement to having these changes made?

Stoicism? The GOC knows that Veterans are proud! Keep Veterans proud! Do what is right!

PLEASE MAKE FORWARD MOVEMENT ON OUR FILE ASAP! WE ARE GROWING OLD AND TIRED OF THE SHENANIGANS!

Thank you

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 09:00; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down