Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD/SISIP

+16
bosn181
umbrella001
By the Bay
czerv
bigrex
Slaket
johnny211
rucksack031
TripleT
Rifleman
1993firebird
PipperNavy
LawnBoy77777
Teentitan
RCN-Retired
armybulldog
20 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CPPD/SISIP - Page 5 Empty Re: CPPD/SISIP

Post by 1993firebird Wed 21 Oct 2015, 17:36

As far as I know CPPD does not affect your Pension amount as it is a disability payment and with respect to SISIP your SISIP amount will decrease by the CPPD amount so your new SISIP amount plus your CPPD amount will be the same as your old SISIP amount. It is a clawback.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Wed 21 Oct 2015, 17:05

I'm at the point where a whole bottle of anti-depressants and a 40 pounder of whiskey is more appealing to me than one more second of stress! I can't deal with this shit any longer! I don't understand any of it and I'm feeling a total loss of control of my life! I can't say why some vets are approved for CCP(D) and others are not. Or why some vets seem to fare better with CRA, and others do not! Those individuals that called Manulife on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon, got the sh*t end of the stick, and those that called on Wednesday were received well by helpful emplyees...who the heck knows!!?? Seems like the reason there are so many different outcomes, is because the individuals that work within this governments offices(CRA, Service Canada, etc) don't give a flying **** about you or me! It's all about how THEY choose to interpret the rules or the legislation or whatever you want to call it! And they do this with impunity and total lack of empathy or compassion towards the person whose life has been completely upended by there total disregard!!

Like all of you who receive SISIP-LTD, I was requested to apply for CCP(D). I never did understand how any of this shit affects me. I just do what they tell me and hope for the best. Reading about others dealings with Manulife and CCP(D) scared the heck out of me! I admit I never really expected to get approved for CCP(D), I even signed the piece of paper from Manulife authorizing CCP(D) to pay them directly, not even considering the implications. Well as bad luck would have it...and I say that because I haven't got a clue if being approved CCP(D) was good luck!? All I know is...I don't know shit! I am incapable of understanding what the hell is going on! My head is "beaucoup dinky dow"!! All the meds make it extremely difficult to focus and concentrate. After receiving a letter from CCP(D) informing me that I was approved and they sent Manulife $17,000.00, I was in shock! I had a massive anxiety attack, thought I was having the big one! I can't deal with this shit much longer, I'm going to freakin lose it. I'm sitting on the edge...to afraid to open mail, expecting the absolute worst case scenario! Everybody with their very own interpretation of who gets what! And I'm still waiting on CRA 8 month's "AGAIN"! Holy shite, their gonna have a field day with me! Yup, only thing to do is crack that bottle open!

There is one other avenue I could take! I need to find someone who knows all about how CCP(D) is going to affect my pension, my SISIP, my FREAKIN TAXES!! As it stands, I have not a clue what my monthly payments from all scources "should" be! I don't know if there was an error and who made it! I'm feeling extremely anxious to get this straightened out before CRA involves 6 different agents, each with their own agenda! I do realize that there is lots of info here, but I can't seem to retain it after I read it! And it's all over the place! I lack the focus to sit for hours and put it all together, I get frustrated and forget about it! Lol, it's taken me all day to type this post!

I am willing to pay a generous hourly rate for your time if you think you can help me! One on one! I live outside of Welland, however I would be willing to travel!

TTT

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:57

Rifleman wrote:Agree firebird I have been fighting since 2002 and after being told no all the time I'm still fighting and yes I'm gaining ground my application is finally going to tribunal just have not got a date yet

We too are finally going to the Tribunal phase on Jan 5th. Not confident anything will be different in their decision but we have to try at least. Will keep you posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:47

You we  are all right , I just got off the phone with manulife .. I was late ? <-- didn't know any better and  they reworded the doctors statement ...   fin thiefs
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 25 Sep 2015, 18:39

Agree firebird I have been fighting since 2002 and after being told no all the time I'm still fighting and yes I'm gaining ground my application is finally going to tribunal just have not got a date yet

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 25 Sep 2015, 18:18

CPPD requires that you be almost dead compared to SISP and VAC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 17:02

ya see sometimes it doesn't matter what he says but its extremely important how he says it .

wording is everything with these guys.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 16:59

piper there is legislation for applying late so not a big deal there as far as that goes the thing you have the problem with is the not disabled enough thing.

that could simply come down to your doctor and how he worded his responses to the questions . he or her is someone you will need to bring this up with and getting straightened out before reapplying .

keep in mind the timeline thing and if he hadn't previously said how long you have had your condition or conditions ( with if memory serves are specifically asked for ) tell him it is important he does .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Fri 25 Sep 2015, 16:21

I got my answer in the Mail from CPP and it's a big no ... stating I should of applied 3 yrs ago and I'm not disabled enough ...hmm weird sisip and vac thinks I am..
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 18:23

not sure things have changed much buds . in my opinion they are still fracking most people over and letting a few through will little resistance to look good . by chance you just happen to be speaking with two of the latter.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 09 Jun 2015, 16:51

wow things have changed since the turn of the century. Good for you guys. My CPP D was a total feckn' nightmare with the Pension Office, zero help from VAC, SISIP harassing me to make them the first payee and dealing with the CPP adjudicator that was going berzerk on more doctor reports so she could justify 9 years of backpay. I talked her out of the 9 years that she would only create a massive migraine for me.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 14:38

teen the thing is the doctor can only tell you your condition and what you can do for employment via restrictions . they cant deem you TPI for the purpose's of CPPD only CPP can do that . that's kind of why I wrote the second sentence in that post this way.

"EVERYONE being released from the military and are no longer able to work should apply for CPPD prior to release , immediately there after or as soon as you can.""

teen my application went in the same time as my DVA application march 1st 2006 . I read everything I could find on the NVC and it was crap was holding out hope the cons would shut down that unholy mess but had to give myself but especially others 30 days grace and it only made sense to me to do all the paperwork at the same time .

released on or about sept 08.

was investigated once im guessing for my first tax return in that situation.

not sure I had a notice I was being investigated but I did recive a notice when they were done telling me they contacted my employer over this matter and I was good to go (my words lol ).

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Tue 09 Jun 2015, 12:28

2002 applied 1999 middle of and got 7 months backdated. It didn't matter that I was being paid it only mattered to cppd that I was deemed TPI for there purposes.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Tue 09 Jun 2015, 11:19

Thanks teentitan ... Smile
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 09 Jun 2015, 10:59

Nav and propat what decade were you guys medically released? I was released in 2000 and was told to apply for CPP D in 98' or 99' and was denied because I was holding a job. I wasn't declared permanently disabled for a year and half after my medical release.

I'm just curious as I find this intriguing and awesome at the same time.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next