Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD/SISIP

+16
bosn181
umbrella001
By the Bay
czerv
bigrex
Slaket
johnny211
rucksack031
TripleT
Rifleman
1993firebird
PipperNavy
LawnBoy77777
Teentitan
RCN-Retired
armybulldog
20 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

CPPD/SISIP - Page 6 Empty Re: CPPD/SISIP

Post by Ex Member Tue 09 Jun 2015, 08:21

I was approved and collected cppd over a year and a half before I was medically released. They continued to take cpp deductions off my cf pay and at tax time I received the cpp premiums back. Maybe they changed it but at that time everyone did, at least from the Halifax area.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 09 Jun 2015, 03:02

propat you didn't read my last sentence. Wait until you are deemed totally disabled.

I know that CPP has their own criteria, hell every gov't dept has their own criteria on totally disabled! LOL

You were obviously diagnosed permanently disabled before you were officially released. Would like to say your lucky but I know as much as everyone else on CSAT luck is something you would pass on if you could have kept your health.

So yes propat is right if you are diagnosed permanently disabled apply before your release. But if you are not wait until SISIP tells you or if you are diagnosed after your release to be permanently disabled.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 00:48

no teen not a waste of time at all just a very smart move .

1. they will pay you while you are collecting your regular pay if you can no longer work as they did for me for two full years .

2. although they will deduct some money from your pension if you are on CPPD they do not deduct your pay .

3. if you have any problems with your paperwork your medical records, doctor and medical staff are just down the road and easily accessible more familiar with your medical situation than your new doctor might be even IF you get one right away AND IF you have your medical records right away .

4. CPPD doesn't give a rats but if VAC or anyone elce declares you permanently disabled they have there own criteria and go by that and the only way to get them to declare you permanently disabled is by ACTUALLY APPLYING .

a waste of time ?????

NO FRACKIN WAY!!!!

its the PERFECT time!!!!

if you are reading this ,are still serving, being medically released and again can no longer work apply YESTERDAY !!!!!

THERE WILL BE NO BETTER TIME!!!!!

APPLY APPLY APPLY !!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 08 Jun 2015, 22:14

Actually propat applying "before" you are released from the CF is a waste of time. You already fail the first question....are you currently working.

I applied before I got out, as instructed by my eager SISIP manager who eventually got fired because of making every CF member apply for CPP D, and I was denied.

Wait until you are deemed permanently disabled before applying.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jun 2015, 19:41

boys the SISIP thing aside just forget about that for a minuet .

EVERYONE being released from the military and are no longer able to work should apply for CPPD prior to release , immediately there after or as soon as you can.

this is in your best interest SISIP or not .

if they ask you to apply you should apply .

if they don't ask you to apply you should apply .

if they ask you not to apply you should apply .

this may be very important to YOU . frack what it means to SISIP .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 08 Jun 2015, 14:52

Just want to remind everyone that Manulife is not coercing anyone to apply for CPP D. It is in the policy. A policy created by the Treasury Board. Manulife is just following rules set forth in the policy. It also states in the policy that if you do not apply when asked you can be cut off of LTD.

I was 8 years into my LTD when the request for me to apply for CPP D came in the mail. I called my case manager and he said I slipped thru the cracks and was forgotten. Even though I did the yearly walk of shame with SISIP paperwork to continue with the LTD. Go figure???

PipperNavy if your application for CPP D goes thru when you turn 65 your CPP D just turns into CPP and if you need to you can apply for the Supplimentary Income.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Mon 08 Jun 2015, 14:45

Yes I was also asked to apply via MunlifeSucks ...just wondering at 65 (14 yr's away ) how will this affect me ?? thanks folks
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Mon 25 May 2015, 22:06

CPPD has 35-40% approval rate.
SISIP has no legal right to coerce us into applying for CPPD as a benefit can be given to a beneficiary but not an obligation. Violates Freedom to contract.
No sisip provision to force CPPD application. In reimbursement agreement. Not valid, no consideration.

Pensions are not income. They are assets (IBM v Waterman, SCC, 2013). Cannot be offset legally.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 23 May 2015, 11:19

Bulldog because SISIP has asked you to apply for CPPD they will send you a package of paperwork to sign. I refused to sign the paper that made them the first payee of any backpay from CPPD. They tried but I just politely said I want to see what I owe to SISIP, CF Pension first before making any decisions on who gets paid first.

They stopped bugging me about signing it and when they showed me exactly what I owed them and CF Pension showed what I owed them I paid both.

One other thing the CF Pension office doesn't always know you are applying for CPPD so if and when you are approved call them and tell them how far back any backpay from CPPD went. Then they will do their math.

It can take up to 4/5 years for the Pension office to realize you are on CPPD then you are in deep to pay them back.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 May 2015, 10:33

RCN they WILL have to pay you back that amount as they can not legally deduct amount's higher than you have actually been payed .

boys getting CPP at 65 is much easier if you are on CPPD than if not . if you are unable to return to working you need to apply for CPPD immediately !!!!!

if not you may be putting your CPP at 65 at risk !!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sat 23 May 2015, 08:37

Propat, not really. Because SISIP is much faster on the draw then CAF in determining how much money one owes if approved for CPPD and if there is back pay SISIP took almost $3,000 extra from me and it has been over four months and to date have refused to pay me back. We have to keep in mind that the CAF have first dibs and it takes those people up to six months to determine your bridging etc. and if you don't pay them exactly what they want the just start deducting from your pension. SISIP should have to wait until CAF determines and then they get the rest either that or understand if they take to much that they have to pay it back to you. One should not be out of pocket because you are approved CPPD.

Lastly, if SISIP has suggested you apply for CPPD then you need to do it or risk being cut of LTD.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 May 2015, 02:36

buds it all works out even in the end.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Thu 21 May 2015, 20:51

armybulldog, just my point of view but if Manulife is requesting that you apply for CPPd then I would apply. You don't want to give Manulife any reason to determine that you were non compliant with their program. As for the financial ramifications, others on Csat are really versed in this area and could advise you better on how it affects pensions amounts.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by armybulldog Thu 21 May 2015, 15:34

I ask cause have seen some scary stories about the amounts not working out and actually losing more than without being on it.
armybulldog
armybulldog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

CPPD/SISIP - Page 6 Empty CPPD/SISIP

Post by armybulldog Thu 21 May 2015, 15:29

Just out of curiosity do I have to apply for CPPD?

Got a letter from Manulife (SISIP) requesting that I do so as per the the LTD agreement (pretty sure that is what it said).

I've been out since Sept 2008 and have been receiving LTD since. Just recently received this request from Manulife.
armybulldog
armybulldog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6