Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bigger PICTURE

3 posters

Go down

The Bigger PICTURE Empty Re: The Bigger PICTURE

Post by Dannypaj Wed 10 May 2017, 08:51

Dannypaj wrote:It is time that Veterans clearly state what they want to happen within the Department of Veterans Affairs.  The Government of Canada is listening and are voices are being heard.  Read the comments in the news, ministers sites, the ombudsman office blogs, Facebook and twitter. We are one voice and it is coming across loud and clear.

Medically released Examples (Fixing Gaps)
a)  Cpl Smith is medically released.  Cpl smith retains his salary while in transition to another career. After transitioning Cpl Smith is employed but his or her salary is now only 60% .  Veterans Affairs tops up Mr. Smith to at least 90% of his or her  pre-release salary by using the earnings loss benefit (ELB) and is awarded the low to mid range Permanent impairment allowance and is given a lump sum payment to compensate for the injury and the loss of his or her quality of life.

b)  Cpl Smith is released medically.  Cpl smith is unable to transition and his disabilities are to restrictive and are causing many barriers. Cpl Smith retains 90% (ELB) of his pre release salary and is given a substantial lump sum payment to compensate for the injury and the  loss of his or her quality of life. Cpl Smith  is also awarded the highest grade of the Permanent impairment allowance.

Bottom line:  A member is MEDICALLY RELEASED.  He or she has a permanent disability and being  medical released for most wasn't  an option.  Veterans leaving the forces with injuries need be assured that they are receiving the best care possible.  Being disabled and disposed of by the Department of National Defence with know clear financial security upon medical release and then afterwards handed over to a department that works at medieval speeds, no wonder we are left scratching our heads.  

Proper compensation.  That is all we are asking for, proper compensation. No more no less.   

Sincerely,
Dannypaj

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 05 Oct 2015, 20:10

OK this site respects veterans so let's tone it down please.

TT aka CSAT Forum Master
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 05 Oct 2015, 20:04

Me bad teen, back on the meds,,K, toned it down,,I am with you Danny. It blows my mind that all the crap serving and retired have put up with for 9 yrs now, that some actually support this party. I dont care if you have nothing to do with DVA , but you would have to be living in a cave as a Vet not to see what your comrades, us the wounded physically and mentally have been thru. Give your Fracking heads a shake and wake up and think of your wounded comrades ...Ok my head hurts now,

Last edited by johnny211 on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 20:16; edited 1 time in total
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 05 Oct 2015, 18:56

Chief Warrant Officer Humphrey ret'd
Go frack yourself! Sincerely a medically released private/able seaman. You have no idea, so don't speak for me or against me. You should be standing with your troops not with the politicians who have created this division.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but who the frack is this swinging ? to demoralize veterans and follow suit with Harper?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 05 Oct 2015, 18:52

Dear groups voicing their support for Harper,
Just remind yourself of all the red tape that had to be cut in order to get where you are now! The waiting, appeals, being put through the ringer and then dried out. This veteran's group who supports this current government must not have endured the mental anguish that I suffered for years of living in limbo.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 16 Jun 2015, 06:58

Call me delusional but,
Veterans group seeks fees from marijuana producers for referrals
Globe and Mail · 11 days ago
There hasn't been much news about the progress that is being made on Veterans issues.
Maybe when summer is over and the campaigning begins Veterans will be able to hear from the other two parties on solutions and not illusion and façades of hope brought forth by the Conservatives.

Veterans issues! Marijuana and Veterans as a headline! Who controls the media anyway? The Poor Treatment of Canadian Veterans! That would be a better topic.
Smoke in mirrors, I guess.
PS WildThing,
I feel your anger and frustration my friend.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jun 2015, 15:59

Cpl Johnson was injured on duty and deemed by veterans affairs canada at 80% disabled. He receives his cf pension is not clawed back because of elb earnings. He us unable to work and receives 90% of his pre release pay. He received a lump sum of $350,000 due to future economic loss as well as pain and suffering. He is automatically placed on permanent and exceptionally incapacitated status and receives payment for that as well because he is over 80% disabled.

This is the way any vet over 80% disabled should be treated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:03

That is probably one of the best things that is happening now for CF members who know they are going to be medically released they can start their new training before they are medically released.

We all know a med release can take a year or two and that you couldn't start rehab training until you were released. Now that "line" is being erased and it's about time!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

The Bigger PICTURE Empty The Bigger PICTURE

Post by Dannypaj Thu 04 Jun 2015, 09:29

It is time that Veterans clearly state what they want to happen within the Department of Veterans Affairs.  The Government of Canada is listening and are voices are being heard.  Read the comments in the news, ministers sites, the ombudsman office blogs, Facebook and twitter. We are one voice and it is coming across loud and clear.

Medically released Examples (Fixing Gaps)
a)  Cpl Smith is medically released.  Cpl smith retains his salary while in transition to another career. After transitioning Cpl Smith is employed but his or her salary is now only 60% .  Veterans Affairs tops up Mr. Smith to at least 90% of his or her  pre-release salary by using the earnings loss benefit (ELB) and is awarded the low to mid range Permanent impairment allowance and is given a lump sum payment to compensate for the injury and the loss of his or her quality of life.

b)  Cpl Smith is released medically.  Cpl smith is unable to transition and his disabilities are to restrictive and are causing many barriers. Cpl Smith retains 90% (ELB) of his pre release salary and is given a substantial lump sum payment to compensate for the injury and the  loss of his or her quality of life. Cpl Smith  is also awarded the highest grade of the Permanent impairment allowance.

Bottom line:  A member is MEDICALLY RELEASED.  He or she has a permanent disability and being  medical released for most wasn't  an option.  Veterans leaving the forces with injuries need be assured that they are receiving the best care possible.  Being disabled and disposed of by the Department of National Defence with know clear financial security upon medical release and then afterwards handed over to a department that works at medieval speeds, no wonder we are left scratching our heads.  

Proper compensation.  That is all we are asking for, proper compensation. No more no less.   

Sincerely,
Dannypaj

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down