Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:38

if your doctor fills the forms out ....and they indicate disability as they have in the past its just procedural reporting.....the request for reapplying is standard as it allows them to reduced their payment to you .....the definition of total disability for LTD and for CPPd are very different .....

Back to top Go down

What happens if...

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:21

Anxiety is running at an all time high with the incoming requests for yearly medical and being asked to re-apply for CPPD. So my question is this:
If SISIP decides that a member no longer meets the requirements for LTD, what happens? Do they stop payments and kick you to the curb? Or is there a "process"?
Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 19:08

I received my Manulife medical questionnaire today but no doctor questionnaire was included. Just confirming what others have experienced. Makes it easier for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:18

Teen,

Same here it would be good for me, as I think many others would feel the same way in only having to fill the questionnaire once yearly.

Just to many things to do when it comes my Doctors, to have them fill out forms repeating the same things over and over each year just makes it hard on me and my Doctors.

Having just to fill out the questionnaire will in my view make things a bit better in allowing us to concentrate on our conditions with our Doctors, leaving our Doctors more time to address our medical problems, instead of having to fill out forms to repeat what has already been said.

If there is a change in the medical conditions of the member, in the members questionnaire, by the member - they (sisip) can request a report from our Doctor.
This I think would make sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 13:46

I think...now don't take this as a for sure...that SISIP is changing the yearly reports for members on LTD.

It looks like they are taking CPPD as the indicator for not needing the doctor report.

It's only one year out of the lawsuit but if all I have to do is a yearly questionnaire by me then I will be good with that.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3321
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 13:34

Ok. Will do. Thanks again

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 13:33

RDS I think you better call SISIP because that is not the personnel questionnaire I got last month to fill out.

So they might have changed the doctors form as well.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 13:14

Thanks, teentitan. I was hoping I deleted my post before anyone could respond. I found the link (in case anyone else needs it in the future):

https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/SISIPFS/download/Documents/ML09E.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 13:12

SISIP sends you the reports they want done. To my knowledge they do not have the forms online for members to download to have done.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 15:51

It also does an extensive evaluation on your spouses physical and psychological situation and address all issues before starting the education process in order to ensure success.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 14:22

The education amount is now $75K for the member or the spouse.

It covers daycare, travel, books, supplies, internet etc. It was bumped from, I believe $25K last year.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by redfisher on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 14:10

Hi Guys, I haven't posted for a while because of the SISIP Lump sum we got and my ex took me to court before CPPD, SISIP, and CF Pension had to re adjust for everything. So just if you are curious of the net $42000 I received I now owe $54000 in settlement and legal fees.

Anyway my question is about a post JustMe2 entered. "JustMe I think the VAC paperwork you received is for NVC. Your CM or VAC wants you to apply so your wife can take advantage of the training (it's up to $75K now). Also it's the route to take if your CM feels you should be in receipt for one of the levels of PIA. There is 3 levels."

I have not heard of the $75 000 for my wife to goto school. What is this all about?

redfisher
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2012-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 19:18

JustMe2, it could be several things. Somebody at VAC could think that you should be collecting ELB or PIA and supp. Being under the PA, does not exclude you from being eligible for the new benefits introduced by the NVC. Particularly the PIA, because since all new disability claims start back at 0%, under the NVC, PA recipients no longer have the ability to reach the required 100% before applying for the EIA.
It should say in the paperwork what they are for.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3437
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 18:57

What is VAC starting to send out medical reports for doctors to complete?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 17:59

JustMe2....is it possible it's Maintenance Allowance? For things like snow removal, lawn care, etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next