Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTSD Anyone have success from claim/appeal ?

+4
pinger
Newf
johnny211
Teentitan
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PTSD Anyone have success from claim/appeal ? - Page 2 Empty Re: PTSD Anyone have success from claim/appeal ?

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jul 2015, 20:28

All done let the games begin on claims and appeals will sit in my recliner at home on speaker phone like a dignified disabled veteran, not a criminal on display for their amusement.

Back to top Go down

PTSD Anyone have success from claim/appeal ? - Page 2 Empty Re: PTSD Anyone have success from claim/appeal ?

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jul 2015, 20:28

affraid

Last edited by wild thing on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 20:29; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 17 Jul 2015, 21:34

Good Luck Wild Thing.....you owe to yourself to try and push through......for anyone to give up is only a win for them.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 20:24

Medical doctor filled out the ptsd paperwork also found out the suit did to with only one visit.will send in 4 claims,1 appeal and rehab paperwork monday. brain is mush nerves are lively have not eaten or slept in two days just coffee and smokes just wanted it done and over with plenty of witness statements tons of evidence informed lawyer will not attend appeals due to physical and head spacing  they can call if need be will not be displayed like a criminal for their entertainment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 09:23

Change my mind i am not going to be controlled no more never again so no fk it, harper can keep the money and give it to the clinton foundation or some other bullshit charity.No rehab, no shrinks, no way in he!! i am going to be told what to do and when to do it ever again. After hearing what Mikswife is going through with rehab i dont need that sh!t in my life mentally i could not take it. i will poach the wildlife that wander into my yard before i let goc dictate my life and well being ever again.............

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 16:36

wildthing - Once we where young strong soldiers who had each others back. Now we are all old, cranky, broken in body and mind, and all we still have is each others backs and our experience in the fight we have left with a different enemy. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jul 2015, 15:22

I will call a few women phycologist out of town and try to make an appointment if i can find one who has a more soothing disposition you guys piss me off but at the same time i trust you's so i will give it one more try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 03 Jul 2015, 12:11

Wild thing- Big rex is right on the money. Do not give up. Perhaps if you explained to your family doctor what these appointments are doing to your health then he may provide some advice. If you are in NFLD then private message me as I know a good psychogoist who is like one of the guys and has helped many vets and serving members. Also, if there is a PTSD or related support group in your area then I recommend you gather up to courage to attend a meeting. I was two yeasr before I got the guts to go to one of these meetings but it has been a big help to me. Coffee or just talking with guys going through similar issues as your self. Keep in touch with us on this forum, we want to help you.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:59

wildthing - I share what the others say. Do Not Give Up or Into VAC spin. I like these other lads have been thru it. See if you can hunt down another pscy. I had a women who sees alot of Vets, and she was and continues to be great. Try to talk to him, or search out Vet friends and ask them who did there assessment. Like my comrades on here, I will assure you that if you find the right one, who you can trust, and talk openly it will go alot easier. Do you belong to an OSSIS gp? I have to say it has also been a huge help for me. And the other folks in it, will know who to seek out. And its great to shoot the bull at coffee with a peer, who has the same head spacing as us. Hang in there wildthing..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:25

wild thing I respect your families decision on this matter. I have one question did you tell your psycologist what this process is doing to you and is there a softer approach?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:19

Wild thing, I know it is hard, but you cannot give up. That is what the bean counters at VAC wants, and they throw up these hurdles in the hopes that more Veterans do throw in the towel.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jul 2015, 09:23

Thanks for the support everyone but I cannot do it anymore there is no dollar amount worth getting my guts ripped out and that is how i have been feeling ever sense i have seen the suit. I know he cannot help me and I will not jump through hoops for vac or any goverment agency I have a very thin thread of dignity left and it is mine and they cant have it. My wife agrees she has seen a change for the worse since my appointment and supports my decision. I will still put in my OSI claim witness statements and med doctor report thats the best i can do and what i can live with. It will be denied but at least it will be on my file.

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:00

X2 on the above statement from BR. Maybe ask your MD for a psychiatrist referral instead of psychologist. They are good, especially when dealing with the right meds. As hard as it is now you will get through it my friend. You have many "brothers" here to support you.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 01 Jul 2015, 09:18

Wild thing, if you feel that way, maybe ask for a referral to another Therapist. Even they understand that the client has to be comfortable with the person they are seeing, and that not everyone is a perfect fit. Honestly, I find it easier to talk with a woman, because I don't get the sense of them thinking " suck it up buttercup" to themselves, while I am talking. I am seeing two therapists, one with my wife and I, and one by myself.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 08:51

Thanks guys, this therapist is from a different world then me thinks he is better than us they dont understand that our ability to read people is far more acute than theirs because of what we have gone through it is how we protect ourselves and stay clear of individuals that stress us out and pi-- us off. i have an over wellming feeling to protect myself from this individual. i will try to hang in there not easy putting up with someone who thinks his sh-- dont stink the arrogant f-----. Wish it was a women i trust them more but small town no other options.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next